Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:45:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Member Juneteenth just took my US$425 and sent no 4.0 BTC  (Read 6298 times)
Juneteenth

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:25:00 AM

Secondly.. I have a friend who works for ebay as a webmaster.. YOU CANNOT REFUND ANY PAYMENT WHEN IT IS LIMITED. LOOK AT MY SCREENSHOT IN THIS THREAD : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=231038.0
IT SAYS IT THERE. SO WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE.. HE IS CALLING ME A SCAMMER WHEN I DID NOT DO A SUCH THING.
xboxgames

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:27:43 AM

Easy way to resolve this. I'm willing to mediate it if needed.

I have gooses screen shots. If June wants to send a screen shot of PayPal screens, I can take a look. Also can walk you through process to refund goose.  Even willing to team view it with you if needed.

No reason to hold his money. You didn't sent btc, so you are out nothing. Gooses account is not locked. Maybe something triggered PayPal taking a look at your account, its possible because he sent you a medium sized amount that they just want to verify your identity and that your PayPal has correct info.

However, goose is not doing anything to try to scam you as far as I can see. Refund him, and provide PayPal with info. I bet they want proof of address, bank acct, and all that. Its pretty simple. 
first off.. no you are not mediator.. already think you and him are the same person. Secondly he has the screenshot of my limited account. So if you KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT PAYPAL YOU WOULD KNOW YOU CANNOT REFUND IN A LIMITED ACCOUNT. I was told by paypal 3 times today he needs to call and get it refunded.. which he said he is working on now.

False. You can still refund on a limited account if a dispute is started.

I'm not even on the same continent as him.

I don't know him at all other than from your thread here I warned people to use escrow.

No one is saying your account isn't limited. But I 100% know you can refund the funds even in a locked accent if its a dispute and if you have the funds. But whatever. He can just dispute with his credit card and you can owe PayPal the funds.
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:29:36 AM

What was just said makes complete sense.

i agree to do whatever is required to resolve this as soon as possible.
i will even send $1 from same paypal account to prove mine is not frozen and the issue didn't start from me.
i'm sorry paypal limited your account, but that is a issue for them. i did nothing wrong.

You have said you have been honest about all of this Juneteenth, now is the time to step up.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:30:18 AM

Secondly.. I have a friend who works for ebay as a webmaster.. YOU CANNOT REFUND ANY PAYMENT WHEN IT IS LIMITED. LOOK AT MY SCREENSHOT IN THIS THREAD : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=231038.0
IT SAYS IT THERE. SO WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE.. HE IS CALLING ME A SCAMMER WHEN I DID NOT DO A SUCH THING.

Dude I worked for them. Once dispute is open, you can refund in a locked account. You can also add money. Refunding isn't on the list of things you can do, but you can. Go to resolution center. Click refund.

Get team viewer and have a mod look with you, since you want to sit here and be a douche. You are either dense or being a jerk. Refund the man.
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:31:03 AM

http://i40.tinypic.com/ldyts.png

thats what shows up.. He has the payment held now and i cant even refund because its held. I know how paypal works.. far more then some peopel. Once i click on the resolution page for a refund.. it says his account is AUD (australian dollars) and it does not let me refund.

Edit: Paypal has held his funds in my accoutn and they are reviewing the transaction. Once they get back to me the only option is to refund and my account will be unblocked.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:32:40 AM

Click open disputes and claims. Held means he opened a dispute. Once you open that page click refund
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:35:08 AM

Click open disputes and claims. Held means he opened a dispute. Once you open that page click refund

YOU ARE 100% not listening. I am listening to paypal. This situation is between me and goose20. H is situation is being fixed by paypal and they confirmed it. It's incriminating when ppl can call someone a scammer and they had no intention of scamming.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:39:10 AM

So instead of clicking one button, you want to make him waits weeks? 

Sounds like a dick move at a minimum, scam my at most.

You so worried about being called a scammer. Yet you refuse to get his money back.

Goose.  Since he won't refund, its gonna take awhile. But you will get your money back. Even if he somehow gets acct unlocked and  spends it, just charge back through credit card.  Always use escrow, and never use PayPal. Lesson learned.

I'm getting pissed listening to excuses that make no sense. I can't reply to this anymore.  Good luck.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:40:52 AM

You so worried about being called a scammer. Yet you refuse to get his money back.

Goose.  Since he won't refund, its gonna take awhile. But you will get your money back. Even if he somehow gets acct unlocked and  spends it, just charge back through credit card.  Always use escrow, and never use PayPal. Lesson learned.

I'm getting pissed listening to excuses that make no sense. I can't reply to this anymore.  Good luck.

Actually. I lied. Goose, log into PayPal. Click send money. Send 1.00 to his PayPal, but don't send it. Get to the screen where it shows his name and info.  See if his account is verified or not.
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:45:00 AM

Goose.  Since he won't refund, its gonna take awhile. But you will get your money back. Even if he somehow gets acct unlocked and  spends it, just charge back through credit card.  Always use escrow, and never use PayPal. Lesson learned.

I'm getting pissed listening to excuses that make no sense. I can't reply to this anymore.  Good luck.

Actually. I lied. Goose, log into PayPal. Click send money. Send 1.00 to his PayPal, but don't send it. Get to the screen where it shows his name and info.  See if his account is verified or not.
My account is no longer verified since my old bank info is not valid. That may be why it's a problem. You are irritating me. We are fixing this with PayPal. Goose tell him to stop

And once I click it it says Paypal is reviewing payment. How many times do I have to tell you! Stop it!
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:46:37 AM

Lol. It don't work at way. But OK.
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:50:45 AM

Juneteenth please, if you can refund, then please refund. if paypal wont let you, well then we have no choice to wait.

BUT you should have known that all this was most likely an issue from your end with you account not being verified etc etc rather than accusing me of scamming you and posting a thread saying that i did.
bad form dude. BAD.

so far everything Xboxgames has said and turned out to be correct. nothing you have said has.

WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:54:23 AM

Yes. You are always able to refund if a dispute is opened by sender. Sender has opened a dispute.  Juneteenth has to go to resolution center and click refund.

Ok, i thought the problem here was that the sender refused to open a dispute which was causing some of the issues
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:57:44 AM

Dude I worked for them. Once dispute is open, you can refund in a locked account. You can also add money. Refunding isn't on the list of things you can do, but you can. Go to resolution center. Click refund.

Get team viewer and have a mod look with you, since you want to sit here and be a douche. You are either dense or being a jerk. Refund the man.

Hey easy Mr. Medator--name calling isn't going to help people trust you as a mediator!

But yes, I've been using PP for nearly 10 years now and there is still I still don't know about it.  It is simple to overlook that refund thing since it isn't on the list of things you can do on a limited account as you yourself just pointed out.  But IF there is a dispute opened, you can still refund money, but I thought that was what June was talking about when he said Goose refused to start a dispute.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:01:38 AM

Hey easy Mr. Medator--name calling isn't going to help people trust you as a mediator!

But yes, I've been using PP for nearly 10 years now and there is still I still don't know about it.  It is simple to overlook that refund thing since it isn't on the list of things you can do on a limited account as you yourself just pointed out.  But IF there is a dispute opened, you can still refund money, but I thought that was what June was talking about when he said Goose refused to start a dispute.

Yea, I agree. I lost my patience.

After repeating myself multiple times I lost it. And for that I apologize.

I hope he does the right thing. I've provided my knowledge to both parties. That's all I can do. I can't click the buttons for him.

Good luck to you both
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:01:44 AM

Juneteenth please, if you can refund, then please refund. if paypal wont let you, well then we have no choice to wait.

BUT you should have known that all this was most likely an issue from your end with you account not being verified etc etc rather than accusing me of scamming you and posting a thread saying that i did.
bad form dude. BAD.

so far everything Xboxgames has said and turned out to be correct. nothing you have said has.

I think i see part of the problem here.  June is doing business on a personal account.  That in and of itself can cause some issues with PP.  Personal accounts were meant to send lots of payments, not meant to receive.

But yes, it looks like there is no scam going on here as the worst case scenario is that it will just take Goose some time to get his money back.  But it seems to be out of the control of June at this point
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:02:36 AM

Yea, I agree. I lost my patience.

After repeating myself multiple times I lost it. And for that I apologize.

I hope he does the right thing. I've provided my knowledge to both parties. That's all I can do. I can't click the buttons for him.

Good luck to you both

No you can't.  And this is why doing tech support over the phone can be infuriating sometimes!  Fortunately, I found another way to put myself through school!
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:05:19 AM

bad form dude. BAD.

I think i see part of the problem here.  June is doing business on a personal account.  That in and of itself can cause some issues with PP.  Personal accounts were meant to send lots of payments, not meant to receive.

But yes, it looks like there is no scam going on here as the worst case scenario is that it will just take Goose some time to get his money back.  But it seems to be out of the control of June at this point

Its not out of his control. And personal accounts are fine to receive, especially when sending a bill to another member.  Its ridiculous to not refund. Hell, it will in help when PayPal reviews his account, to reinstate it. Having an open dispute will not help at all. Resolving it will, by refunding.
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:09:21 AM

GRRRRR... so June goes offline again WITHOUT refunding.
c'mon, it got spelled out what needed to be done to fix this.
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:15:00 AM

GRRRRR... so June goes offline again WITHOUT refunding.
c'mon, it got spelled out what needed to be done to fix this.

I have did that a total of 6 times. It is not letting me refund. You need to call PayPal and tell them the user is trying to refund and it won't let them. Listen to PayPal not an old employee smh. I'm not offline
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: