Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:55:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Member Juneteenth just took my US$425 and sent no 4.0 BTC  (Read 6298 times)
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:11:03 AM

HELP...Anyone out there in the forums can help.

Juneteenth and i just agreed that i purchase 4.0 btc for US$425.
He sent me a paypal request requesting payment.
i immediately sent him the money.
he now claims his paypal account got immediately limited and he feels scammed - he hasnt sent anything and is not out of pocket.
i got no $$ and no BTC.
Does anyone have any experience with this paypal limitation thingy???
please help.

His payment request didn't offer me any choices - just 'pay now'. which i did.

i dont see how that would result in a limitation to his account. Is this a correct thing that can happen with paypal?
his screen shot to me says he needs to go through some steps to take away limitation - if he does this, wil transaction settle ok.

i am not interested in scamming anybody. i sent my $425 in good faith. a transaction for a lower amount went through smoothly yesterday??

stressing now - thats alot for me to lose. Sad

oh and regarding using the escrow... i figured since he is offering it then he must be above board, i know i am.

what is going on?... surely there is still good left in people out there. my 1st baby  son was born a few days ago, and in readiness for that, i wanted to have some btc for him as a gift when he was born, i agreed to buy 2.0 btc off Gumtree and duly deposisted $200 into the guys Australian Westpac bank account a couple of weeks ago. He didnt send the btc, wouldnt offer the transaction id or anything. so now i have to lodge a police complaint.

And now this.. really. what gives. And yes, i am trusting, but id rather be that than than the opposite.
oh bother Sad

So rather than hang around to resolve this, Juneteenth has gone offline.
It looks like i have been taken again Sad

buyers please be aware.

ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:18:08 AM

Do chargeback call paypal and say you were hacked.

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:18:30 AM

So reverse the transaction. Problem solved.
someguy123

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 11:21:43 AM

i dont see how that would result in a limitation to his account. Is this a correct thing that can happen with paypal
It happened to me after I received $60 from someone. Lost my account for 6 months (that's when I completely ditched paypal)
Although, in this case he could be trying to scam you.

He sent me a paypal request requesting payment.
i immediately sent him the money.

If it's set for goods or services, you can chargeback. If he hasn't sent the Bitcoins yet, and is refusing to, it's completely fair to do this.

EDIT: Apparently Juneteenth posted a thread about his experience here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=231038.0

goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:34:14 AM

thanks for your advice.

yes i see his thread, but he has gone offline with my money, and i am left here trying to resolve this.
$425 is alot for me (or anybody i'd suspect) to lose.
Sad

personally - i am hoping he is not trying to scam me here - its just he (we) dont know what this 'paypal limitation' thing is.
however, i figure he should at least try completing the steps on his paypal page as paypal asked of him before going offline.
ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:41:46 AM

dont tell paypal anything about bitcoins though...

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:45:15 PM

Just charge it back.  I've had account limitations before and it seems random how it happens.  One guy bought an xbox from me, sent me the money, but then i had my account locked.  Turns out PP was investigating him for some shady dealings and didn't want to lose the funds he sent me.

Basically, if this ever happens, I just tell my customer to chargeback since I won't send the product until I know the funds will clear and I don't want him waiting for a month to get his product.

Don't leave negative feedback--it's not his fault--but just walk away from this particular deal and let him get his account sorted out.
Juneteenth

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:02:00 PM

Just charge it back.  I've had account limitations before and it seems random how it happens.  One guy bought an xbox from me, sent me the money, but then i had my account locked.  Turns out PP was investigating him for some shady dealings and didn't want to lose the funds he sent me.

Basically, if this ever happens, I just tell my customer to chargeback since I won't send the product until I know the funds will clear and I don't want him waiting for a month to get his product.

Don't leave negative feedback--it's not his fault--but just walk away from this particular deal and let him get his account sorted out.
I asked him to charge back.. and he has not at all. He is not even listening to me.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:12:32 PM

It looks like the OP is just worried.  But his money isn't lost.  I would actually it's even more secure than if he just paid you the money and PP didn't freeze your account.  His money is actually locked up right now where only PP can access it.

Your options are:

1) Request a chargeback saying that you never received your product (this is a true statement).
2) Wait for the account lock thing to be sorted out and Juneteenth to send you your BTC.  Note that this can take a month or longer to resolve.

Ball is in your court OP.
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:16:13 PM

i would rather him call paypal and charge back. the funds are sitting in my restricted accoutn and i can prove.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:28:10 PM

i would rather him call paypal and charge back. the funds are sitting in my restricted accoutn and i can prove.

Yes, as a seller I feel the same since I hate holding onto people's money and not being able to get them their merchandise.  Hopefully goose will do this.

-----
THE FOLLOWING IS A HYPOTHETICAL, I AM IN NO WAY ACCUSING GOOSE20 OF ANYTHING

There is one hypothetical situation where he might not be able to get his money back.  Perhaps he was being investigated by PP for inproper use of funds (receiving stolen PP funds, scamming others, etc) which would explain why your account is frozen.  (PP wants to make sure that the funds get back to their rightful owner and goose can't just launder them away).  If this is the case, then Goose probably doesn't want to have a talk with PP and that would explain why he hasn't asked for a chargeback yet...
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:38:55 AM

Chargeback has been instigated. My account is in good standing and not frozen. All I did was click on 'pay invoice' when I got the money request.

I did not mention anything, no BTC no currency no currency.

I'm putting this down as just a PayPal annoyance with why that limitation was placed.

But juneteenth's original answers to questioning xboxgames questioning didn't really add up, then HIS PayPal gets frozen. There's honest sellers and there's honest buyers, sometimes things dont go to plan through no fault of either. Best to be cautious either way.

Lesson learned for my part.

Thx all for advice.
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:57:34 AM

Chargeback has been instigated. My account is in good standing and not frozen. All I did was click on 'pay invoice' when I got the money request.

I did not mention anything, no BTC no currency no currency.

I'm putting this down as just a PayPal annoyance with why that limitation was placed.

But juneteenth's original answers to questioning xboxgames questioning didn't really add up, then HIS PayPal gets frozen. There's honest sellers and there's honest buyers, sometimes things dont go to plan through no fault of either. Best to be cautious either way.

Lesson learned for my part.

Thx all for advice.
i was all honest I said what was relayed to me via paypal customer service. I got the calls.. emails.. and everything. The money is sitting in my account and ive asked countlessly for you to do a chargeback.
xboxgames

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:59:07 AM

If you have the money in account, press refund. You have that option even when account locked. I used to work for them.  Press refund.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:01:54 AM

Granted refunding won't unlock your account. But op gets his money back and you show some good faith and that you aren't being shdy
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:02:18 AM

If you have the money in account, press refund. You have that option even when account locked. I used to work for them.  Press refund.

Are you sure that's still and option?  I do not remember having that option when my account was locked, but things may be different on a case by case basis.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:07:07 AM

Yes. You are always able to refund if a dispute is opened by sender. Sender has opened a dispute.  Juneteenth has to go to resolution center and click refund.
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:13:45 AM

I was just about to ask the same thing.

It was suggested to me "why wont the seller just refund the funds and speed up the whole process for everyone".

Xboxgames knows more about paypal than i ever will, but this seems logical to me?Huh?
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:19:50 AM

Easy way to resolve this. I'm willing to mediate it if needed.

I have gooses screen shots. If June wants to send a screen shot of PayPal screens, I can take a look. Also can walk you through process to refund goose.  Even willing to team view it with you if needed.

No reason to hold his money. You didn't sent btc, so you are out nothing. Gooses account is not locked. Maybe something triggered PayPal taking a look at your account, its possible because he sent you a medium sized amount that they just want to verify your identity and that your PayPal has correct info.

However, goose is not doing anything to try to scam you as far as I can see. Refund him, and provide PayPal with info. I bet they want proof of address, bank acct, and all that. Its pretty simple. 
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:22:51 AM

Easy way to resolve this. I'm willing to mediate it if needed.

I have gooses screen shots. If June wants to send a screen shot of PayPal screens, I can take a look. Also can walk you through process to refund goose.  Even willing to team view it with you if needed.

No reason to hold his money. You didn't sent btc, so you are out nothing. Gooses account is not locked. Maybe something triggered PayPal taking a look at your account, its possible because he sent you a medium sized amount that they just want to verify your identity and that your PayPal has correct info.

However, goose is not doing anything to try to scam you as far as I can see. Refund him, and provide PayPal with info. I bet they want proof of address, bank acct, and all that. Its pretty simple. 
first off.. no you are not mediator.. already think you and him are the same person. Secondly he has the screenshot of my limited account. So if you KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT PAYPAL YOU WOULD KNOW YOU CANNOT REFUND IN A LIMITED ACCOUNT. I was told by paypal 3 times today he needs to call and get it refunded.. which he said he is working on now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: