Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:52:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you research the company before participating in a bounty?  (Read 2101 times)
verifyas (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Verify is an Ethereum-powered Reputation protocol

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 06:54:32 AM

Just wondering if this is something everyone does, and what questions you need answered before you are comfortable participating (and actively promoting) an ICO?

✓✓  verify   ★★★★★  The Ethereum-powered Reputation Platform for Commerce
The Future of Reputation   //  WHITEPAPER  //
████████████│    MEDIUM    |    Live Chat on DISCORD    │████████████
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:49:42 AM

I definitely do it. I also recommend that you study each project in the generosity of which you participate. It's your time. If the project seems unreliable to you, do not waste time on it, there are now thousands of other offers on the market. This is especially true for campaigns with reports.
verifyas (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 09:08:02 AM

I definitely do it. I also recommend that you study each project in the generosity of which you participate. It's your time. If the project seems unreliable to you, do not waste time on it, there are now thousands of other offers on the market. This is especially true for campaigns with reports.

Thanks for sharing. How do you evaluate if a project is "reliable" to you?

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:22:04 AM

Just wondering if this is something everyone does, and what questions you need answered before you are comfortable participating (and actively promoting) an ICO?

Just make your own effort to know the team behind those ICOs. Beware of those ICOs that are not realistic and will just turn into a scam later on. The most important thing is you have to be sure of what bounty you are going to participate with. I haven't get into any bounties but I guess that's the most important thing that you have to know and to do before joining a bounty campaign so that you'll be comfortable with it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:01:58 AM

I think we should check it every time we are going to join a campaign for their company because Some companies are failing but still taking risk which somehow embarassing for the members.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:04:49 AM

Of course I do some research before participating on ICO bounty campaign. What I do first is to find as much information about the website, developers and other people behind it to find out if they have a good reputation or if they have some issues on their previous project or if they scammed someone else before, if the people behind it does not want to reveal their true identity that's a shitty scam. Next is to read all the documents of the project like whitepapers and roadmap, If they have great idea to implement some solutions to a problem that no other projects have done yet then maybe it's good sign that the project is not a scam. I do the same research when investing.
sapusapu

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 10:06:11 AM

That's right. I always do it. It think it is important before I'm join in their company bounty. We will receive many more information about the bounty when I'm reseach the company Smiley
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:18:00 AM

Investor should always use the brain to make good decisions and avoid the bad ones. Otherwise it would be like throwing money to the window. Making complex research on the whole project including whitepaper, team, company, jurisdiction, community and so on is the main basis for investment.

sinduarianto

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:18:52 AM

yes I am always researching the company in more detail how the vision of the company's mission because it is all very important.
cryptomato

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:23:24 AM

I research just a little bit. if I spend 5t time before investing any ICO, I do invest 1t time before deciding if I wanna join any bounty program.
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 10:33:04 AM

I try to treat it no differently to how I would treat investing in an ICO, the main things I look for are the problem the company is solving, the people who are working on it, the history of the company and the press etc it has received already.

TBH the only signature campaign I have participated in is the Deep Onion one and I'm yet to be accepted  Grin
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 10:34:34 AM

I had lost much valuable time in participating Bounties as they kept very far to claim Tokens or money. In these days we find a lot of scams than genuine programs, so I was checking their photos and company information, Roadmap, etc before participating.

I am still not interested in joining long term bounties as they are almost scams.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:46:47 AM

i think i don't have any question for now because i should read the whitepaper before i can asked. beside that, i think we can see the details of the project from the whitepaper and there is many things that we should know like who is the dev and the team behind the project. how long the ico will run, what their plan for a long term, how much money they want to reach from the investor, what they want to do to make the ico getting success and many other question. this could be my question before i want to participating in one ico but its depend on the type of the ico itself.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
admissions

Activity: 107
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:57:39 AM

Scrolling through their thread is normally a enough and a quick search in google should yield results.
bitcoinvamp

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:58:41 AM

Yeah definitely i go through the company before joining the campaign and i think everyone should do that. everyone should search for the ICO which seems to be promising and reliable and not scaming. we all know there are thousands of ICO's available so go for the ones with good market and company background.
krypt0n1

Activity: 238

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:09:42 PM

I absolutely recommend researching. The bounties are generally going to take some of your time and energy and you will be rewarded with tokens. I'm only willing to invest that time and energy into a project I believe in and believe will increase in value because of the quality of their work and team. In this current case, I am honestly very enthusiastic about brickblock, so I'm participating in their bounty and passed up on several other potentially good bounties for this project.

verifyas (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 03:48:03 PM

The bounties are generally going to take some of your time and energy and you will be rewarded with tokens. I'm only willing to invest that time and energy into a project I believe in and believe will increase in value because of the quality of their work and team.

Exactly. There are so many of them, it's difficult to evaluate without spending some time going through the website / whitepaper (as many folks here suggest doing)

Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:14:49 PM

yes, I always do it in the past, because I think it's so important that the bounty I'm working on is not in vain, but when I believe that the project will be successful, there is no investor willing to invest and eventually the project fails, and now I never again do research first, because the project that I think will be successful, not necessarily interested investors

Michae1k

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:55:05 PM

Good if it is projects from my country, where I can clearly understand the idea and stages of it implementing. To make sure that this ico doesn't scam.   I still believe we have no scam ico, but we need to know almost everything abt projects and be smart enough to recognized scam. And only after that i can working on
Ingramtg
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:51:16 PM

of course you must do a research when you join , because there are a lot of scam project  and  if you join their campaign you will earn nothing

so i only join some big project's campaign , even if the reward is small , but you sure get your reward finally
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: