Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:34:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Edward Snowden have a bitcoin wallet?  (Read 2644 times)
puffpuffpass (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'm nobody.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:01:38 PM

Hong Kong (CNN) -- Edward Snowden, the man behind of one of the biggest leaks in the history of U.S. intelligence, is a former technical assistant for the CIA who is now holed up in a Hong Kong hotel, in danger of running out of money and hoping to find asylum somewhere in the world.

I have a bitcoin address that anyone can send BTC too, so I'm going to post it
on my sig because I think someone is going to randomly give me their BTC:
1D37qouguK5rNh1mSZDocgVCvA2rxsAgLp Roll Eyes
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:08:03 PM

Where Edward Snowden is going, there are no Bitcoin wallets.

more or less retired.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:09:07 PM

Great question, I was looking to make his pic my avatar image but then gave up after lack of images to choose from at the time.
puffpuffpass (OP)

Activity: 70

I'm nobody.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:12:43 PM

lol, going to jail for protecting Americans. I doubt that is going to pan out well. You know all the people with guns (I am not one of them) are looking for an excuse to use them.

I have a bitcoin address that anyone can send BTC too, so I'm going to post it
on my sig because I think someone is going to randomly give me their BTC:
1D37qouguK5rNh1mSZDocgVCvA2rxsAgLp Roll Eyes
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:58:20 PM

America.... isn't that what they call "land of the free"?  Cheesy

The U.S. is more censored, monitored and controlled by secret agencies than countries like Iran, China or North-Korea. Except the puppeteers in the U.S. do a better job, because the majority isn't even aware of it and call themselves "proud to be American". It's a frigging joke Grin

Anyway, kudos for mister Edward Snowden for standing up for his moral beliefs, even if it may cost him his life. You're a hero, Edward.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:50:01 PM

i think you're being too negative.

he'll probably end up like Bill Binney.  nothing basically:

http://www.whistleblower.org/program-areas/homeland-security-a-human-rights/surveillance/nsa-whistleblowers-bill-binney-a-j-kirk-wiebe
jackjack
Legendary

Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:54:27 PM

The U.S. is more censored, monitored and controlled by secret agencies than countries like Iran, China or North-Korea. Except the puppeteers in the U.S. do a better job, because the majority isn't even aware of it and call themselves "proud to be American". It's a frigging joke Grin

Anyway, kudos for mister Edward Snowden for standing up for his moral beliefs, even if it may will cost him his life. You're a hero, Edward.
FTFY

Besides that, +1

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
rumbitla

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:18:07 PM

He will probably end up in US concentration camp.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:17:37 PM

Kazimir,

Obviously, you are either not well traveled, or ignore certain on the ground realities.
In the USA, you can stand on any street corner and insult the president, the ruling party, the whole system.

Try insulting Castro publicly in Havana, or saying anything against the ruling religious elite in Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, or anything against the government in a variety of Gulf State countries.

The thing is, in the USA, if you protest against the government, some church or religion or corporations, people just mostly really don't care.

You are confusing freedom of speech with the secrecy of government agencies and the actions of individuals to reveal secrets of secret agencies.

The US may have all sorts of monitoring, but it is nothing like the police states of the world. You can still say what you want in the US, screw your neighbor's wife, read whatever you want, and no one cares.

The proof of this is the incredible high rate of illegal drug use, the freedoms of live theater and artists, and the fact that whether or not you think what Snowden did ws right, there is public discourse here on the issue.

Anyway, kudos for mister Edward Snowden for standing up for his moral beliefs, even if it may cost him his life. You're a hero, Edward.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
jackjack
Legendary

Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:27:01 PM

The thing is, in the USA, if you protest against the government, some church or religion or corporations, people just mostly really don't care.
Huh
Joking?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
LorenzoMoney

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:24:05 PM

Serious.

I live in the USA. I have posted all sorts of things on here, on Craigslist, said things to the person sitting on the barstool next to me about politics and never was I afraid that I would be arrested.

If you were to do the same thing in several other countries, you would be arrested quickly.

If you have money, in the US, you could pay for a billboard saying anything you want.
The issue with Snowden is not whether the US has free speech, which it does, but whether he was justified in revealing secret information about the government spying on its own citizens, even if that spying was not the content of phone calls but merely the data of who one calls.

Aaron Swartz was more of a hero than is Snowden.
http://about.jstor.org/statement-swartz

Huh
Joking?

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
TomUnderSea

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:10:49 AM

Huh
Joking?

Not sure if you are trolling with this question.

On the off chance you are not familiar with the US, I am providing a link to a particular protest group that has pushed the limits of protesting and definitely IMHO stepped well past any sense of human decency.  Still, I defend their right to be complete and total idiots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5
ktttn

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 03:20:09 AM

Kazimir,

Obviously, you are either not well traveled, or ignore certain on the ground realities.
In the USA, you can stand on any street corner and insult the president, the ruling party, the whole system.

Try insulting Castro publicly in Havana, or saying anything against the ruling religious elite in Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, or anything against the government in a variety of Gulf State countries.

You are confusing freedom of speech with the secrecy of government agencies and the actions of individuals to reveal secrets of secret agencies.

The US may have all sorts of monitoring, but it is nothing like the police states of the world. You can still say what you want in the US, screw your neighbor's wife, read whatever you want, and no one cares.

The proof of this is the incredible high rate of illegal drug use, the freedoms of live theater and artists, and the fact that whether or not you think what Snowden did ws right, there is public discourse here on the issue.

You is a silly. I'd like you to look up the Occupy Wall Street eviction videos and tell me about how free speech is. You'll see me with a nonviolent communication poster in my mouth getting the living shitstomped outta me.
I'm on the same page as Snowden as far as putting myself out there.
I hope his wallet address goes public and he escapes death.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
TomUnderSea

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:26:27 AM

You is a silly. I'd like you to look up the Occupy Wall Street eviction videos and tell me about how free speech is. You'll see me with a nonviolent communication poster in my mouth getting the living shitstomped outta me.

Gotta play by the rules of protest.

I have not seen the Westborough idiots getting the shitstomped outta them.

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5
ktttn

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 03:34:21 AM

Gotta play by the rules of protest.

I have not seen the Westborough idiots getting the shitstomped outta them.
R-rules? Confused. A thousand or so riot cops showed up to my 'villiage' at 2am and raided like frickin' vikings. Killed puppies, destroyed books, tents, everything I owned and threw lots of folks in jail. Have y'all not seen these videos? Just google ows eviction.
By the way, did the Slayer guitarist funeral feat. Teh WBC thing already happen?

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
Ephebus

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:05:41 AM

Obama pressured over NSA snooping as US senator denounces 'act of treason'

Information chiefs worldwide sound alarm while US senator Dianne Feinstein orders NSA to review monitoring program.

World leaders seek answers on US collection of communication data

Data protection chiefs and analysts in EU, Pakistan, South Africa and Canada express concerns at revelations in leaks.

US lawmakers call for review of Patriot Act after NSA surveillance revelations

White House insists it welcomes 'appropriate debate' after Republican leadership questions implementation of security act.
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:57:10 AM

#Bitcoins4Snowden

The hash hasnt gone anywhere yet.

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23Bitcoins4Snowden&src=hash
LorenzoMoney

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:55:48 AM

Occupy Wall Street was able to protest.
Mainstream media mostly ignored them.
Occupy Wall Street spent MANY months protesting, not on public land, but in a privately owned park.

Yes, eventually, the local city government and owner of the land on which they were camped, got them to move but it took months.

The Occupy Wall Street movement fell apart as much due to their own disorganized, needing consensus oragnizatiol structure as due to the City of New York and the owner of that park wanting them to go.

But, Occupy Wall Street can still print a newspaper, post on websites, and get interviewed on US TV shows. That proves that they have freedom to publicly share their political opinions. They just cannot continue to camp out on private property.

In which other country could a group like Occupy Wall Street continue to camp out for that long and protest? In Cuba? North Korea? France? UK?

The fact of the matter is, Occupy Wall Street is a terrible example, but even they were not sure what they were protesting about. Like I said, Occupy Wall Street imploded as much due to their own lack of specific message and lack of organization as due to a local government and a property owner wanting them to go away.

In any case, the occupy wallstreet movement is an extension of the Rainbow Gathering, and the Rainbow gathering still has a yearly event where over 20,000 people meet in a National Forrest, smoke cannabis and do whatever they do, and it is permitted.

Sorry, but in the USA, you can say whatever you want, but often no one cares and no one will listen.

The USA has many problems, but not as many as most other places in the world.

Kazimir,

Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:44:03 PM

Serious.

I live in the USA. I have posted all sorts of things on here, on Craigslist, said things to the person sitting on the barstool next to me about politics and never was I afraid that I would be arrested.

If you were to do the same thing in several other countries, you would be arrested quickly.

If you have money, in the US, you could pay for a billboard saying anything you want.
The issue with Snowden is not whether the US has free speech, which it does, but whether he was justified in revealing secret information about the government spying on its own citizens, even if that spying was not the content of phone calls but merely the data of who one calls.

Aaron Swartz was more of a hero than is Snowden.
http://about.jstor.org/statement-swartz

Huh
Joking?

Snowden is today's hero!
the founder

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 01:38:02 PM

He could have 100,000 bitcoins in his wallet and he will have trouble converting them to anything other than bitcoin because the NSA and every other intelligence agency is on him like fly on shit.

The second he tries to cash out an account at Mt.Gox , CampBX or any exchange for that matter  it'll get seized.  They would most likely let him sell his bitcoins but not withdraw,  so at the end of the day he'll have neither bitcoins or dollars (or Euros, Yen, whatever).

He's going to have to find lawyers that accept bitcoin,  food stores that accept bitcoin,  etc... because he most likely won't be able to convert it to anything else.   Technically doable... but boy he has his work cut out for him.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: