Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:32:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Foolishness  (Read 873 times)
VanceCrypto (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:19:52 AM

About 18 months ago, I took all of my saving to invest in Bitcoin.

I did that without telling my wife. She was so angry and said how foolish I was.

Yesterday, I show her my BTC wallet and the current price of Bitcoin...  Grin Grin Grin

"Honey, please look at my Proof of Foolishness" I told her. "and I will foolishly continue holding these BTC untill the price reach 500,000 USD. I wish by then I will once again show you how foolish I am"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:34:04 AM

Wow, this is a nice foolish story of yours and congrats to your foolish 6 times profit.  Do you mind sharing your wife reaction after she saw your foolish BTC wallet?

Joke aside, you were brave to invest all your savings in BTC. When BTC reach $500,000, you will have a good and easy retirement. All the best to you. 
aplistir

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:38:36 AM

Wow.

If you are serious, then it would be a good idea to sell enough bitcoins to cover your initial investment. Just to keep your wife happy and the relationship working even if something unexpected would happen to bitcoin value.
Other vice you will be hearing about your "foolishness" for the rest of your life...

You are a brave man with lots of luck Smiley

My Address: 121f7zb2U4g9iM4MiJTDhEzqeZGHzq5wLh
IceOleg

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:42:07 AM

I wish I was that foolish 2 years ago  Wink
I just hope that it will continue to grow the same way like it happened in a recent two years!

tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:45:07 AM

That’s extremely a good story to tell. Since my wife know bitcoin then this won’t give no effect to her. I will make my own story that as much entertaining and profitable at the end. I will post that in due time but for now, I will make a screenshot of this one and show to my wife afterwards. Thanks for sharing ideas.

HODL
MostHigh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:46:18 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Proof of foolishness and if thats what your wife thought she should wait until you buy her that foolish house and car. Am optimistic BTC will hit $500,000.00 someday so just hold on tight.
Blakscorpion

Activity: 215

CryptoFan

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:01:35 AM

If I may give you an advice.
Nobody knows the future, so you should at least cash out the amout that you initialy put. In that case, even if there is an issue with BTC, or a big crash, you would have at least loose 0$.

Anyway, compared to what you earned, it's not a risk at all to just cash out what you put at the begining.

Have a nice day Smiley

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:23:10 AM

I did that without telling my wife. She was so angry and said how foolish I was.

Yesterday, I show her my BTC wallet and the current price of Bitcoin...  Grin Grin Grin

"Honey, please look at my Proof of Foolishness" I told her. "and I will foolishly continue holding these BTC untill the price reach 500,000 USD. I wish by then I will once again show you how foolish I am"

A proud and successful husband and I feel it dude Wink . How happy of foolishness you have sir, but sometimes you need to be humble and keeping the positive works. Hoping I will be the next you Sir, lol. I think, its possible to reach BTC on that amount but it takes a long long way run after all.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:26:38 AM

I took all of my saving to invest in Bitcoin.

if you ask me, that was a foolish move. it really doesn't matter if now you are in a huge profit. what matters is that you took a very big risk, the risk that nobody should take like this. what if price went down?

hell, lets just forget about the price. what if you lost your wallet? your private keys in a fire or some other disaster? that was "all your savings" gone.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:31:03 AM

If this is true then it was a very risky move and some would say a very stupid move and taking half would have been more sensible.

Glad it paid off but please take out your initial investment at least, this reminds me of an article I read where this family sold their house and everything even the kids toys and are living in a tent putting it all into bitcoin, crazy.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:35:07 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2017, 10:56:09 AM by Choyor

This story is very interesting, I want to feel the stupidity you have, the arrogant husband who boasts of his stupidity, I think is a positive stupidity. stay humble and work positively. Because to achieve the desired value takes a long time. Do not forget to buy his wife's house yes. Let your story be a motivation.
n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:42:01 AM

I wonder what's your wife's reaction when she sees your balance. That's your reward for being a contrarian 18 months ago. Did she got more in love to you than before? lol what's her thoughts regarding bitcoin and you being foolish?
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:47:04 AM

foolish move, happy family
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:49:25 AM

Wow.

If you are serious, then it would be a good idea to sell enough bitcoins to cover your initial investment. Just to keep your wife happy and the relationship working even if something unexpected would happen to bitcoin value.
Other vice you will be hearing about your "foolishness" for the rest of your life...

You are a brave man with lots of luck Smiley

This^ seriously consider it.

Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:57:19 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 01:08:46 AM by Restmand

Maybe its a foolish thing to trust too much in Bitcoin ,crypto currency or digital currency that is what other think who does not know about Bitcoin they think that why do you invest or turn your money into a Bitcoin if you can save it in Banks well they think that your money will not grow because they think it was a scamming. But its a foolish thing if you are not trying the Bitcoin  and just judging the Bitcoin.
admissions

Activity: 107
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:59:01 AM

You are crazy if what you are saying is true. I bet your wife isn't too happy.How did she not see that the life savings has disappeared?
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:59:33 AM

hahaha ,,, it must be a foolishness that everyone would expect at this time if time can be repeated again, just imagine if ignorance was not you do, must be regret for life that you get at this time, if in thought thought i heard story you may be I who feel really stupid at this time, why I do not do as you do then, but I feel all is not too late for people who have not done like you, we can start from now and continue to invest in bitcoin and we can feel the result someday.
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:02:43 AM

I can relate to your story but unlike you I did not purchased btc  years ago to avoid quarrel between me and my wife. And today I was desperate to earn 1 bitcoin and I regret not buying bitcoin. If I did I am already a millionaire today but anyway it is not yet the end of the world I can still continue to save bitcoin and enjoy the profit later on.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Nakakapagpabagabag

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:03:36 AM

Your proof of foolishness was not foolish after all.  I wish I also have the guts and bravery you had when you invest all your money into bitcoin.  I am just always been afraid because I am earning just right for my daily expenses.  When our Christmas bonus arrived, I will invest some of it to bitcoin hoping that my foolishness will result also into a wonderful way to be a fool.

layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 11:09:25 AM

I did the same thing, I am a graphic designer who accept design payments via crypto. My wife was so mad of me few months ago because I refuse to accept payments via paypal. So I thought her the potential of BTC. Now both of us are trading BTC.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: