Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:52:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Silver - Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again  (Read 76977 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ZEROtoken

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:55:26 PM

Get rich quick, what should be. Or on the other hand to manipulate market as long this will be possible.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
winkom

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

almost a whale

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:05:14 PM

So the fork will happen from $BCH not $BTC because $BCH is the real vision of Satoshi  Grin NOT

▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ AMLT by Coinfirm ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ The Token of Compliance ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄ Facebook   ❱ ❱  Twitter   ❱ ❰  Telegram ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
FriendsForever

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:05:59 PM

Bitcoin Silver Is Not Real. Peace.

https://youtu.be/1EHKpFg0q0c
Anthony1985

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

Tic.eth

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:15:21 PM

When  will the snapshot be taken?
Vario

Activity: 77

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:17:24 PM

Every dog has his day. Every person on this earth should not remain without special fork!
The_Don

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:19:25 PM

why no links or working site ?
another shit fork ?

● LuckyBit ●                                                         
Digital Currency for Gambling Industry Based on MASTERNODE & ASIC RESISTANT Algorithm
|       DISCORD      |      TELEGRAM      |      ANN THREAD      |      FACEBOOK      |      TWITTER       |
DamCryp

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:22:29 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about forks, is it people trying to make money off a possibly unviable forked coin, how's the network going for  BTG?
So yeah let's wait for Bitcoin Palladium.
Still I'll get it and sell once I can like BCH and hopefully BTG who doesn't like free money  
misterjo

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:26:47 PM

what day are they going to give the fork date?

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
MarcusMillstrom

Activity: 392
Merit: 211

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 07:32:10 PM

It's always sad to think that people WITHIN the crypto ecosystem are likely the ones doing this for a quick buck at the expense of the entire crypto space. It hurts the integrity of good projects in so many ways, directly and indirectly. It's become a mad cash grab to see who can get lambos the quickest, no matter what it could do to the long term goals of the ecosystem.

I completely agree with you. But on the precipice enovation always occurs.
So this must happen to get to an elevated level of evolutionary applications and understanding of it.
So fingers crossed and be innovative. Wink Wink

jariveroa

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:37:33 PM

Hello, Simonsolo

I'm a journalist from Criptonoticias.com and We are interested in talk about this hardfork for our article.

Send me an email at jackeline@criptonoticias.com or leave me your address to chat.

If you want, I'm available to chat on Twitter. @JackyRiveroA

Regards,

Jacky Rivero
MarcusMillstrom

Activity: 392
Merit: 211

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 07:41:40 PM

Bitcoin Silver Is Not Real. Peace.

https://youtu.be/1EHKpFg0q0c

Hahahahahahahaha again a shizzle coin.
You would think that by now they would be a bit more evolved with all the scammers in our midst.
But yes, the precipice is not deep enough yet.
That too will happen.

eldub

Activity: 232
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:51:29 PM

I'm sick of these shortsighted greedy devs with no creativity screwing with not just Bitcoin, but the entire cryptospace by ruining momentum with their constant forks. They are screwing all of us to make a dime. Talk about killing the goose who laid the golden egg. Beyond stupid, evil.

jariveroa

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:55:51 PM

Bitcoin Silver
Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again

DECENTRALIZATION

Bitcoin Silver implements a new PoW algorithm, Equihash, that makes mining decentralized again. Special computer hardware designed for BTC mining (ASICs) is obsolete for mining BTG, giving ordinary users a chance to mine with ubiquitous GPUs.

FAIR DISTRUBUTION

A hard fork of Bitcoin is the most fair and efficient method of creating and distributing a new digital asset. Coins that are created from a new genesis block always have ownership concentrated among a smaller group of people.

REPLAY PROTECTION

In order to ensure the safety of the Bitcoin ecosystem, Bitcoin Silver has implemented full replay protection, an essential feature that protects users coins from being spent accidentally.

TRANSPARENCY

Bitcoin Silver is a free open source software project that is built by volunteer developers and supported by a rapidly growing community of Bitcoin enthusiasts that stretches across the globe.

Comparison

Supply : 21 Million
PoW algorithm : Equihash
Mining Hardware : GPU
Block Interval : 30 sec
Block size (actual) : 1M (2-4M)
Difficulty adjustment : Every block
Segwit : Yes
Replay protection : Yes
Unique address format : Yes

FAQ

What is Bitcoin Silver?
Bitcoin Silver is a fork of the Bitcoin blockchain that will occur in December. At the predetermined block height, Bitcoin Silver miners will begin creating blocks with a new proof-of-work algorithm, and this will cause a bifurcation of the Bitcoin blockchain. The original Bitcoin blockchain will continue on unaltered, but a new branch of the blockchain will split off from the original chain. The new branch is a distinct blockchain with the same transaction history as Bitcoin up until the fork, but then diverges from it. As a result of this process, a new cryptocurrency will be born.

What is the purpose of Bitcoin Silver?
The purpose of Bitcoin Silver is to make Bitcoin mining decentralized again. Satoshi Nakamoto’s idealistic vision of “one CPU one vote” has been superseded by a reality where the manufacture and distribution of mining equipment has become dominated by a very small number of entities, some of which have engaged in abusive practices against individual miners and the Bitcoin network as a whole. By changing Bitcoin’s proof-of-work algorithm from SHA256 to Equihash, all of the specialized SHA256 mining equipment will be obsolete for mining the Bitcoin Silver blockchain. Thus, Bitcoin Silver will provide an opportunity for countless new people around the world to participate in the mining process with widely-available consumer hardware that is manufactured and distributed by reputable mainstream corporations. A more decentralized, democratic mining infrastructure is more resilient and more in line with Satoshi’s original vision.

How can I get Bitcoin Silver?
The Bitcoin Silver (BTSI) initial coin distribution method is exactly the same as that used by Bitcoin Cash (BCH). All Bitcoin holders who possess BTC private keys in December (block still to be decided) will receive Bitcoin Silver on the rate of 1 BTC = 1 BTSI (If you have 20 BTC you will receive 20 BTSI). You need to control BTC private keys in order to make Bitcoin Silver transactions.

Exchangers

Wallets

Pools

Media

Website

Hello, Simonsolo

I'm a journalist from Criptonoticias.com and We are interested in talk about this hardfork for our article.

Send me an email at jackeline@criptonoticias.com or leave me your address to chat.

If you want, I'm available to chat on Twitter. @JackyRiveroA

Regards,

Jacky Rivero
coinguybri

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 08:31:21 PM

How much is premined?

Any Answers on this?
Clixus

Activity: 126
Merit: 12

Kripto Para Uzmani ve Yatirimcisi

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 08:42:10 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2017, 09:20:12 PM by Clixus

Stop it ! We Love just Bitcoin and only one Bitcoin ! Bitcoin is King ! Stop want earn easy money and don't hurting Bitcoin ! !!  !! ! ! !

Hey Jacky Rivero write it pls we don't want any Bitcoin bla bla bla.. This people just hurting Bitcoin !

I think it's joke but one day can be real..

Donation : 14VAaVMc2Je7gQcD7Fhtt6X3rd4vaBiPMw
crashedfx79

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:08:13 PM

Skipping Bitcoin Copper, Bitcoin Steel, Bitcoin Iron, Bitcoin Wood....

Announcing "Bitcoin Dandruff"!
"Make Bitcoin de-centralized again, after 20 other times we made it de-centralized"

Coin Cap: 21 million
Algorithm: Equihash
Pre-Mined: "Of course not, what is pre-mined?"
Team: *list of fake pictures of diversified panel of random ppl wearing suits and ties*
Github Repo: Non-existent
Wallet: Non-existent
Domain Registrant: Some guy in China who owns 500 other scam domains

Let's do this!

fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 09:38:48 PM

Is this really happening?

Why bitcoin is getting forked again and again and again!!

There are so many potential coins available in the crypto market!

it's called "speculation", my friend.... it's got nothing to do with decentralizing and nonsense like that. It's pure speculation.
bambarmia

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:44:19 PM

I have an idea. Why we do not make a new fork of bitcoin and name it Bitcoin Scam. The lead developer will be Fuckoshi Scamamoto. I bet 1 BTC that people will still accept it because it will be free money.  Morality issues ? Of course no.. fuck everything, why should I refuse free money....
Kmdr

Activity: 103
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:45:31 PM

This is either a joke or a poor attempt at scamming.

↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️ EXTRADECOIN ↗️ The Exchange for Trader and Gamer ↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️
Trade and Play [ https://extradecoin.com ]
Ganjj

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:45:58 PM

dear god, here we go again...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: