Bitcoin Forum
August 11, 2024, 01:27:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Life on Bitcoin documentary  (Read 7259 times)
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:26:03 PM

Yeah, $77,000 is more than enough for "a couple of months" for sure.

AFAIU, they must fund the documentary with the BTC, not live on them?

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:59:32 AM

Yeah, $77,000 is more than enough for "a couple of months" for sure.

AFAIU, they must fund the documentary with the BTC, not live on them?

Exactly, they say that bitcoins will fund the documentary.. still I don't exactly understand if, when they say they will live for the first 90 days exclusively on bitcoins, that means they will live on their own bitcoins..

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:58:42 AM

been getting excited about this.

i think/hope this documentary will do a good job at teaching a lot of people how to accomplish somethings using bitcoins and people will be able to learn from any mistakes this couple makes instead of us making it on our own.

i'll be watching their twitter and facebook updates closely to see how this plays out before the documentary is finished filming.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
binaryFate
Legendary

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:05:11 AM

I repeat my question: any of you did a donation? Did you get a confirmation by e-mail? I did and I'm supposed to have my name in the official credits or something like that, so in the meantime it should get recorded somewhere. Though I never got any single feedback from them to say for instance "thanks for the donation, we recorded you!".

The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 11:34:16 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 01:19:22 PM by The Bitcoin Catalog

I repeat my question: any of you did a donation? Did you get a confirmation by e-mail? I did and I'm supposed to have my name in the official credits or something like that, so in the meantime it should get recorded somewhere. Though I never got any single feedback from them to say for instance "thanks for the donation, we recorded you!".

I contacted them via their website and they have provided a pretty quick reply. You should try it http://lifeonbitcoin.com/press/

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
binaryFate
Legendary

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:47:43 PM

I contacted them via their website and they provided a pretty quick reply. You should try it http://lifeonbitcoin.com/press/

Ok thanks! Just did that.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 06:23:30 PM

trailer looks professional and the "actors" pretty funny  Smiley . so i hope it will be a great project!

EscrowBTC

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:29:06 PM

They plan to live the first 90 days of their marriage using only bitcoins!
Hmm, what can I say?
Good luck!
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:37:50 PM

Their adventure has started and they're already facing great problems! http://lifeonbitcoin.com/blog/
But they're fighting hard for the project to succeed.. Looking forward to watching the documentary..
Good luck Austin and Beccy!

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
lateblooming

Activity: 295

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:42:51 PM

Same here...did you get a response till now?
And added to this i made a mistake while donating...i should have transfered the BTC before i clicked the send-button on their website...but i did it before i transfered the BTC...hopefully it works that way too...to question about that i also send them a mail via their press-site...but got no response. Sad
@Austin&Beccy...if you are reading this please have a look in your mailaccount!  Wink
lateblooming

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:12:05 AM

There is an account here called lifeonbitcoin that might be good to send stuff to. Worked for me but there were delays.

They are traveling now im pretty sure.

Thx for the hint! Wink
LifeOnBitcoin

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 01:35:51 AM

Hi Lateblooming,

I'm just getting bitcointalk.org messages now. 

I sent you an email response about 8 hours ago from your website query. I hope you got it. Sorry that receipt got missed. You should have it now. We really do appreciate it and the donation!

@Chaang Noi, thanks for helping him out!

I've been swamped. I manage the team, but it is in addition to my full-time job, and it has been very busy at my other work. Austin and Beccy have been traveling, and I'm responsible for these receipts.

Theron H.
LifeOnBitcoin.com
lateblooming

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 01:27:33 PM

Hi Lateblooming,

I'm just getting bitcointalk.org messages now. 

I sent you an email response about 8 hours ago from your website query. I hope you got it. Sorry that receipt got missed. You should have it now. We really do appreciate it and the donation!

@Chaang Noi, thanks for helping him out!

I've been swamped. I manage the team, but it is in addition to my full-time job, and it has been very busy at my other work. Austin and Beccy have been traveling, and I'm responsible for these receipts.

Theron H.
LifeOnBitcoin.com

Hi Theron,
thanks for the info. That's what I figured that they are travelling and it will take some time to respond but my worry was it maybe didnt worked as it should because i made that ordermistake and got no confirmationmail which i thought i'd get automatically. But as you said now i received one and im happy  Wink
Thanks for that and hopefully you'll achieve some of those stretchgoals! Its such a cool Idea/Project which deserves some/a lot more backers!!
Greetings from Germany!

lateblooming

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:50:45 PM

Hi Theron,
is there an approximate Date in sight when the Documentary will be finalized?
lateblooming

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:44:37 AM

Hi Theron,

updates?

After 1 month of no reaction in this thread I would like to ask if you/they are still alive  Wink
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:06:19 AM

Their facebook page is still updated frequently,  making posts the last few days.  Might want to send them a message on there if for some reason you didn't get your swag.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
bitcoinstarter

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:17:13 AM

yes... i paid 25 BTC for t-shirts and other stuff and I never got them Sad

even bought them sushi :/

I always had a bad feeling about them :/
LifeOnBitcoin

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:00:43 AM

yes... i paid 25 BTC for t-shirts and other stuff and I never got them Sad

even bought them sushi :/

I always had a bad feeling about them :/

lol no. they are good people. im sure the swag not getting mailed was an oversight.

Their facebook page is still updated frequently,  making posts the last few days.  Might want to send them a message on there if for some reason you didn't get your swag.

yeah, i lack facebook. oh well.

Goat,

I checked bitcointalk several times a week for the past few weeks, but I didn't see the updates to this thread until today. :/ Sorry, I forgot to check this thread.

I'm glad you still think we are good people.  Smiley 

I'm sorry you still don't have your swag, but I put that ball in your court quite a while ago. 

I sent you a PM to your bitcointalk.org profile clear back on November 2nd, 2013 with a bunch of questions for you about t-shirt size, t-shirt colors, shipping address, etc., but I didn't get a response from you. I just checked again, and there is no response in our inbox, so I didn't just miss it. I should have followed up with an additional PM. Get back to me, and we will get you taken care of, and include the size for your significant other, and what she wants, and we will send her a couple of shirts as well.

By the way all, the post-production is going really well. Here is our latest blog post about it.
http://lifeonbitcoin.com/post-production-status-report/

After that was published, Thursday night we went up to the Good Line's offices and we watched the rough cut. We are all really happy with how it is taking shape.

Thanks to all who have shown such interest and support!

Theron H.
Life On Bitcoin

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 12:19:15 PM

good work, cant wait so see the film Smiley

lateblooming

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:10:53 AM

Hi Theron,

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: