Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:41:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get started?  (Read 1916 times)
Vroom2212 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:31:59 AM

Hi everyone! I am new to trading cryptocurrencies. I am wondering, how did you guys get started? Where did you get your info from? And how do you know/predict which coin is going to be profitable?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:18:07 PM

how did you guys get started? Do some research and read. ALOT. There's no sugarcoating this. Simply read as much resources as  you can.

Where did you get your info from?
Bitcointalk, Reddit, YouTube,  Articles. The internet in general. Just use Google for whatever information you need.

And how do you know/predict which coin is going to be profitable? Once again, read. Does the coin solve a real-world issue or at least enhance or improve a certain industry? Is that coin just a copy of a certain existing coin? Are the developers actually active and currently working on or improving the product? etc.

Just simply browse through the forums. There's so much stuff to learn from.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:21:11 PM

Hi everyone! I am new to trading cryptocurrencies. I am wondering, how did you guys get started? Where did you get your info from? And how do you know/predict which coin is going to be profitable?

Thanks!

Well if you want to become a good trader you really have to do more effort because this is not easy, be ready mentally, emotionally and of course financially. Do read some blogs about tradings, read trading book, listen to a good trader online and then do the demo trading on some exchanges. It's not easy but i believe you will master it on time.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6106

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:12:52 PM

The idea behind trading is very simple, you just buy low and sell high. You clearly don't know anything for sure but to predict, you just need to follow the news regarding that specific coin (a hard fork, an update, being added to an exchange, merchants accepting it etc.) all these factors play a big role in determining the price. Another way would be to buy CryptoPing BOT subscription, It has the ability to predict based on the increase on volume etc.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:16:34 PM

Thanks!

Start by reading a lot of information here and asking questions and by actually trading (even if it's with such a small amount just for practice). You can never know which coins will be profitable but you can speculate based on how useful the coin is and how good the team are working on it.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Vroom2212 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:18:18 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone! Much to learn  Wink, but I am very eager to. So hopefully I'll be able to start making some profits, even if they are small ones.
Vroom2212 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:30:56 PM

The idea behind trading is very simple, you just buy low and sell high. You clearly don't know anything for sure but to predict, you just need to follow the news regarding that specific coin (a hard fork, an update, being added to an exchange, merchants accepting it etc.) all these factors play a big role in determining the price. Another way would be to buy CryptoPing BOT subscription, It has the ability to predict based on the increase on volume etc.

But how do you "find" a coin to research, as in where and how do you pick a coin to look in to?
affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:10:53 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone! Much to learn  Wink, but I am very eager to. So hopefully I'll be able to start making some profits, even if they are small ones.

currently there are many ICO-generated altcoins available on the exchange, and usually when they enter the market the price will drop dramatically and below the ICO price, I personally often take advantage of the situation. but this is also not easy, because it must analyze it first. whether the ICO is a success, look at the total supply to consider a reasonable price, and many other analyzes. Nothing is easy to achieve a profit.
Vroom2212 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:28:32 PM

currently there are many ICO-generated altcoins available on the exchange, and usually when they enter the market the price will drop dramatically and below the ICO price, I personally often take advantage of the situation. but this is also not easy, because it must analyze it first. whether the ICO is a success, look at the total supply to consider a reasonable price, and many other analyzes. Nothing is easy to achieve a profit.

Aahh okay, and by the ICO price you mean the price during the token sale?
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:48:43 PM

how did you guys get started? Do some research and read. ALOT. There's no sugarcoating this. Simply read as much resources as  you can.

Bitcointalk, Reddit, YouTube,  Articles. The internet in general. Just use Google for whatever information you need.

And how do you know/predict which coin is going to be profitable? Once again, read. Does the coin solve a real-world issue or at least enhance or improve a certain industry? Is that coin just a copy of a certain existing coin? Are the developers actually active and currently working on or improving the product? etc.

Just simply browse through the forums. There's so much stuff to learn from.

Thats exactly right and thats what I did then after I learned I encouraged my friends to do some investment cause i cant invest that much , so at the same time I get a percentage of their earnings by giving them my ideas Smiley
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 04:13:44 PM

I started reading about the trade experiences posted by the senior members so that I can learn from it without investing or losing my capital. However, to get the detailed information and understand it in a better way then there is no other way than starting actual trading. I learned most of the things through trial and error method, however, I have also lost my 100% capital in my initial days of trading when I used to trade based on other's opinion so doing own research is highly recommended. I still consider myself a newbie so that it helps me to learn more and more and detailed research helps me to predict the price probabilities using the trend analysis.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 04:16:18 PM

I used to get almost all my information from the Bitcoin wiki @ https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page
They're still pretty good, but some sections are pretty outdated, it is good for learning about some technical concepts though.

Also, you can find a lot of information on Youtube, might be easier to understand for some people.
I follow a channel called 'The Cryptverse', it's pretty good for information about certain coins and ICO's.

sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:02:57 PM

how did you guys get started?

I started when I see people trading here in forum, I don't know about before what trading really is but when I keep on reading discussions about trading I did it by myself.

Here in forum.

And how do you know/predict which coin is going to be profitable?

Thanks!

I'm not that good in predicting but I'm also depending to the suggestions and tips of other traders which is really helpful to me. Some of it aren't working out but it's worth of a try.

pratik009

Activity: 365
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:10:07 PM

Simpaly btc trading means  buy btc at law price and sell it when price will increase.And I suggests you to get more knowledge about the trading.And this knowledge you can get from Google,YouTube and other cryptoarticles.after you got enough knowledge then you can start trading.you can start trading with very less amount like $10 or more.Best of luck
pendekar cinta

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:35:35 PM

Thanks!
If I start trading after having previously mastered knowledge by searching on the website continuously. Problem choosing a coin to run in trading usually I am inclined to pink because of the increase in the selling value in every movement is very fast.

SirVeillance

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:36:03 PM

what the others say. dont start with overly complicated technical analysis or watching too many indicators or margin trading. just watch BTC or ETH on a minute candle and try to identify trends.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:41:33 PM

And how do you know/predict which coin is going to be profitable?

Thanks!
The best tool that you can use to predict which coin is profitable is your self, you have to equip your self with knowledge by reading books, watching educational videos that teaches you how to read charts, graphs and candles and join a group of traders and trade ideas, surround your self with traders so you can learn from them. But don't join those signal groups that tells you which one to buy, those are nothing but scam. Before you Buy, they already bought and you are just a sacrificial lamb for their exit plan.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:47:02 PM

Thanks!

You may find many youtube videos which speaks about the bitcoin and altcoin trading. I will suggest you create a trading account in localbitcoins since many trusted traders making money whenever the price fluctuation takes part in the market. You should have some amount of bitcoin in your wallet at every time to trade the bitcoin whether selling or buying. When you involved in trading, you should check the price chart continuously to set the value in trade.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:57:21 AM

Thanks!
Ok, so i have started trading back in February via Bitfinex... I look at the trading volume of an altcoin before I decide to buy it so even though the price dips I can still expect for it to bounce back soon. One more thing that I check is the whitepaper.
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:17:56 AM

Thanks!
monitor xrb its easy to earn and trusted coins for long term you can earn by weeks like 2 or 3 weeks thats all i do ,you can also earn by buying high coins but sell it like a month its so risky because you dont know what will happen in the coins so better is monitor it first then invest when you know the cycle of the coins

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: