Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:54:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Highest ROI from ICO = Low ICO HARD CAP?  (Read 899 times)
LtPaxIV (OP)

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:13:37 PM

Hey, so I've been in involved in crypto and particularly in ICOs for almost a year now. I have invested in numerous ICOs over that period and one thing I noticed is that the most successful ICOs are the ones which had low ICO hard cap. It makes sense because its much easier for market cap to increase from 10 million to 30 million for example, rather than from 50 million to 100 million,right? For example IOTA – raised 1100 BTC in 2014, now their market cap is around $1,2B USD same goes for Ethereum and many other ICO’s who set low caps…  Your thoughts on this?
workminer

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:29:10 PM

Hey bro, than you might interested in Moirai prediction market whose hard cap is only 5M USD and they even have a working mvp unlike other predictions markets. You can check their website athttps://ico.moirai.io

anasso

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:46:29 PM

yes i agree with you! i think ICO that have a hard cap between 5 and 10 millions $ can make big profits!

if ICO raise less than 5 million maybe it's not enough to finish theire project!

if more than 10 millions, maybe it's overpriced!
lukenzo13

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:29:03 PM

Yes, Lower ICO cap = more space to grow & accelerate. These Moirai guys already have working product, so they don't need so much money on product development, only marketing. Have anyone seen any other examples with lower ICO hard cap??   Roll Eyes
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:42:08 PM

All new ICO focus on providing service rather than being a new tech where other dapps or similar product can be created like ETH, NEO, WAVES etc. So even if they will have very low hard cap, they can't perform good in market however if they will spend so much in advertising after ICO we might see spike in its price but it will not be a sustainable one. Look at Monaco for example...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
zerghunter68

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:47:38 PM

In my opinion if ICO raises huge sum of money, the team has smaller motivation to continue their work. They already got tons of money, why would try to do anything more.
Fatunad

Activity: 2240
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:52:29 PM

yes i agree with you! i think ICO that have a hard cap between 5 and 10 millions $ can make big profits!

if ICO raise less than 5 million maybe it's not enough to finish theire project!

if more than 10 millions, maybe it's overpriced!
It does depend on a certain project if it would really need big funds for them to develop it. Ive seen lots of projects which do have high hard caps which some or most of them do failed to reach up the cap but yet they do set up some soft cap which they would consider for the project to proceed still. Low ICO hard cap cant really be criticize and yet we do already witness how many project succeed even they are just starting on small numbers.
lukenzo13

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:23:11 AM

So should I invest in ICO's with low hard cap if I want to get token price increased quickly?

Thanks
tukangkopi

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:33:25 AM

but for some people, the low cap market is considered a project that is not serious because they only need a little money.
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:53:37 AM

Big hard cap most often disastrous for any project. There much higher probability of project will fail at the future. But I admit that it's possible that some projects could be successful for long-term with huge amounts of money collected at ICO. It always depends on founders.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Ponylon

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

I agree with the hard cap opinion. The higher the hard cap the less potential for immediate gains. Think of it this way: if the hardcap would be ten million and there were potential buyers of thirty million, these twenty millions who did not buy into the ICO (because it had a ten million hard cap) will be more likely to buy the token once it's launched at the various exchanges. By raising the hard cap to infinity, everyone simply buys into the ICO and there is no demand after to buy the coins on exchanges. Either way that a short-term effect only, in the long term it doesn't really matter - each project which has value will eventually reach the price it's valued at, sooner or later. Problems arise when the project itself has not enough money to invest in it's operations, which can be due to not having adequate finance during the ICO (setting the hard cap too low).
cryptohome

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 02:26:11 PM

Well I agree with the Hard Cap concept, but the other factors like community, working product and what difference it makes to the existing product if there is any would be the utmost factors for Highest ROI.
JunoCoin

Activity: 64

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 02:35:57 PM

I think the hard cap doesn't matter. It is important the potential of the project. Sometimes it will be easier from $10 to make $20 than from $1 to make $2.

bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:41:55 PM

Yes, Lower ICO cap = more space to grow & accelerate. These Moirai guys already have working product, so they don't need so much money on product development, only marketing. Have anyone seen any other examples with lower ICO hard cap??   Roll Eyes
I think, I have the same though with you. I bought coss token 64.8 for 0.1 eth. The ICo just reach min cap so the participants vote to add unsold coin to contributors. I finally got 648 coss. After 2 week release in the market the price pump and I can make 0.5 eth from my investment. I thought I regreted why I just invest 0,1 eth. If I invest 1 eth I will earn 5 eth in return. The second case, I invest in SCL 375 for 0.5 eth. SCL made Succesful ICO with more than 5 million raised. In fact , in the market the tokens are not worthy my investment become 0,25. I lost a lot in this investment.
jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:54:25 PM

Hey, so I've been in involved in crypto and particularly in ICOs for almost a year now. I have invested in numerous ICOs over that period and one thing I noticed is that the most successful ICOs are the ones which had low ICO hard cap. It makes sense because its much easier for market cap to increase from 10 million to 30 million for example, rather than from 50 million to 100 million,right? For example IOTA – raised 1100 BTC in 2014, now their market cap is around $1,2B USD same goes for Ethereum and many other ICO’s who set low caps…  Your thoughts on this?

You should never over-pay.  That's Warren Buffet's number one rule.

Investors over-paid for Tezos, EOS and Bancor.  Now, they've all lost money.  Read:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157.200  (page 11 of thread)
lukenzo13

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:00:56 PM

I think no one should invest in ICO's without hard cap.

The smaller the cap - the better for coin growth!
Fu.Sin

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:15:09 PM

I think it's better to invest in projects with a limited number of coins. If many coins are issued, then they are practically depreciated. There are a lot of them, they are not interested in speculators.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:02:01 AM

Hey, so I've been in involved in crypto and particularly in ICOs for almost a year now. I have invested in numerous ICOs over that period and one thing I noticed is that the most successful ICOs are the ones which had low ICO hard cap. It makes sense because its much easier for market cap to increase from 10 million to 30 million for example, rather than from 50 million to 100 million,right? For example IOTA – raised 1100 BTC in 2014, now their market cap is around $1,2B USD same goes for Ethereum and many other ICO’s who set low caps…  Your thoughts on this?
Absolutely agree with you. Most of the projects with very high hard cap most times take a very longer time to even grow just as you have said and for most investors. Most of these coins with low hard cap always have a product to even give or a service to render and then this alone gives them pretty much chance to grow fast once they hit the market. These days, I even see huge fund raising as unserious and alarming.
mark_the_advark

Activity: 127
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:13:12 AM

I think there is no general rule of thumb, but lower caps are definitely something that we should all be expecting and pushing. With that in mind, I do believe projects like Bitwala need $30 million and upwards because they want to become a global bank that's regulated in different markets. Banks have assets in the trillions so even $100 million wouldn't be much for what they are trying to achieve.
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:38:05 AM

Not necessarily, but coin with low caps would require low investment to rise.
As the total market cap is coins X price.
But again it's just about the number of specific coin you hold that matters.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: