Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:47:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitminter vs. Eligius?  (Read 10553 times)
Ephebus

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:21:09 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 10:05:42 AM by Ephebus

Oh and I almost forget, even though they said they weren't merge mining, they were in fact merge mining namecoins and keeping them all for themselves!

I strongly suspect most pools that have dropped merged Namecoin mining are still mining them and keeping them for themselves. If you go and ask some pool admin why they stopped merged mining Namecoins, the standard reply will invariably be "because it's a PITA (a pain in the ass)". People who mined for a while on Eclipse are having to individually send a request to Inaba to withdraw their Namecoins, because he removed the Namecoin stats from the dashboard so we can't even check if we had any balance. Used to be my favorite pool, now I won't touch it with a ten foot pole.

That being said, I'd go with Bitparking where, like pool admin doublec said above, you mine Bitcoin, Namecoin and two other alt currencies at the same time, among other nice features. Interestingly enough, doublec doesn't seem to be having problems keeping all the merged mining going...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:49:22 PM

Oh and I almost forget, even though they said they weren't merge mining, they were in fact merge mining namecoins and keeping them all for themselves!

I strongly suspect most pools that have dropped merged Namecoin mining are still mining them and keeping them for themselves.

You can audit this.  The coinbase on a block that is being mergemined will include a lot of extra garbage.  With Stratum and GBT pools, you can see the coinbase does not contain any merged mining junk.  Example:  The only blocks BTC Guild produces with MM in the codebase are from getwork servers, which pay out the NMC to miners on that protocol.  If you connect to the Stratum side, you will not see any of that because it is not supported in our implementation.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:27:17 PM

Isn't Eligius the religious one that forces their miners to put bible verses in the block chain?  I don't want to be a part of that.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Rishodi

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 08:36:07 PM

Isn't Eligius the religious one that forces their miners to put bible verses in the block chain?  I don't want to be a part of that.

Yes, Eligius has placed prayers in block headers in the past; to be fair, however, to my knowledge this has not been done for some time.

FYI, in Catholic dogma Eligius is the patron saint of goldsmiths.

Bitrated user: Rishodi.
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:12:28 PM

That being said, I'd go with Bitparking where, like pool admin doublec said above, you mine Bitcoin, Namecoin and two other alt currencies at the same time, among other nice features. Interestingly enough, doublec doesn't seem to be having problems keeping all the merged mining going...

That's because doublec is elite. Smiley Another pool worth consideration if the prior suggestions don't appeal is HHTT.
Sweetrevenge

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:17:01 AM

What are people thoughts on Eligius and how long does it take to be logged into the pool statistics. I've been mining nonstop for about a week with 2x Radeon 4870 mining at 150 Mhash/s and have probably contributed slightly over 10000 shares and yet theres no mention of when I will be paid. Thoughts?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: