Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:22:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt coins dump again before November's big fork ?  (Read 1067 times)
dllhg (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:12:02 PM

While I am watching my alt coin portfolio quickly reenter the green I am starting to think about the next fork.  The upcoming fork is significant unlike this recent BTG fork.  Could create a lot of waves.

Alts dumped badly on this recent fork because everyone wanted the "free" BTG coins. Upcoming fork I am not sure about.  Wanting to decide on my position and if I should sell off a decent amount while they are up. Re buy when the dump like I did on this last fork.

Thoughts ?

MisterLG

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:17:36 PM

I am struggling with this as well.... Unfortunately I just missed out on this pump and I am not sure what to do.
Wait now for a dump in the next week/weeks? Or buy now?   Undecided

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:12:30 PM

While I am watching my alt coin portfolio quickly reenter the green I am starting to think about the next fork.  The upcoming fork is significant unlike this recent BTG fork.  Could create a lot of waves.

Alts dumped badly on this recent fork because everyone wanted the "free" BTG coins. Upcoming fork I am not sure about.  Wanting to decide on my position and if I should sell off a decent amount while they are up. Re buy when the dump like I did on this last fork.

Thoughts ?

I think the decision you made earlier by buying when people are dumping and now that they are in green, I think is time for you to sell off rather than continue holding. You can do this, get your fractions and wait again for the fork for November. This is business.
SL18

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:34:56 PM

When is the November fork?
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 08:40:51 PM

I wish I would be a great trader  Roll Eyes there are lots of money to be made nowadays but I have no time and no experience. Go get it if you can.

yura888

Activity: 364

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:43:02 PM

I think that now it's best to sell everything and wait for the plug and then decide what to do next

groundcontrol67

Activity: 106

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:47:08 PM

I am unsure on the fork in November, but if alt-coins do dump again it probably won't be for a while, I suspect the next fork may go quite smoothly and so it shouldn't alter too much.

Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:50:47 PM

I see three ways to be followed:
1. Hold Bitcoin during hardfork and then exchange it as fast as possible.
2. Hold Bitcoin on longterm.
3. Buy altcoins now, as they are cheap at the moment.

I think, now it is the best time to buy altcoins. They will not dump during whole hardfork time. But I want to be part of the upcoming show and will keep Bitcoin on longterm independent from its movements after hardforks and also have a little reserve on altcoins.
johnsm79

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 09:23:50 PM

I see three ways to be followed:
1. Hold Bitcoin during hardfork and then exchange it as fast as possible.
2. Hold Bitcoin on longterm.
3. Buy altcoins now, as they are cheap at the moment.

I think, now it is the best time to buy altcoins. They will not dump during whole hardfork time. But I want to be part of the upcoming show and will keep Bitcoin on longterm independent from its movements after hardforks and also have a little reserve on altcoins.

There is so many people into so many alts, we cant expect to see a tremendous shift towards BTC.

Is logical to see some movement, but mostly on the 1st option, people holding on what they have and later will be seeing shift into alts.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
salterious

Activity: 258

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 09:37:00 PM

How can one be certain that the upcoming fork wont cause ripples like the prior too did? I dont know exactly what it is based upon but seeing and hearing the word fork puts me in a tremble. I will gladly hold onto my alts as

I dont want to cut them now and take all the losses and I do think they will recover eventually once the market is fully booming. Hard to predict how millions of people are going to react to such news and it is exactly why

we wont know until it is occuring.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
vaso11

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:40:35 PM

So I think that now is the time to buy different coins because sitting in Bitcoin is now unreliable

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:04:48 PM

No, it looks like if everybody is moving their btg's money to altcoins, and they are going up again... The only one who is dumping at the moment is Bitcoin, and it was obviously going to happen, i dont know why didn't i converted my bitcoins to tether so i could take profit from it, i was so dumb because i didnt think about it before.
Altcoins are going to go up for a while, dont buy anymore because they can suddenly drop if there are bad news over them.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:27:36 PM

Alts have already had a big selloff going into BTG fork so I think the next selloff into Nov 14th
fork will be less sever and may create a higher double bottom for most alts. Should see a good
long rally after that.
BlindMelon

Activity: 83

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:28:20 PM

Yeah i'd definitely say to scoop up as many strong alt coins as possible. (Including promising new coins like Deep Onion which will be dirt cheap) It's time to get out of BTC for a while and make some good profits on alt coins
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:35:50 PM

Thoughts ?

Remember the november hardfork is a part from the bitcoin gold in my knowledge and i think that will not give another hype just like what already given by the bitcoin gold to the bitcoin. But if you are selling your portfolio last night and i think you can try to buy back again at the cheap price.
Just to tell you about the fact after the altcoin get dumped a lot and there will be a green candle in the future and if you are want grabbing a lot of profit and that depends on your position to catch the dip.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:19:30 AM

I think that the next fork on November 14 will be smoother and will not be as noisy as bifurcating gold. The Altcoins should now rise slightly in price and perhaps drop a bit before the fork. So who wants to buy altcoyins, while their rate is very low, now is the time. A bitcoin should now smoothly sink to correct its current course, especially since many now will partially sell it, again buying altas.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:24:03 AM

I feel like anytime there is a fork alt coins will dump hard core, however, maybe people have realized that these forks are pretty pointless, no one really wants another fork so why are we having so many?

Campaign Manager (2018)
Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:28:31 AM

When is the November fork?

It is supposed to hit Nov. 17 or 18, I believe, based on projecting when a certain block number will be reached.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:34:27 AM

dont worry after the fork alts will rise again.I prefer to hodl them Cool

abeke

Activity: 216

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:34:57 AM

I feel like anytime there is a fork alt coins will dump hard core, however, maybe people have realized that these forks are pretty pointless, no one really wants another fork so why are we having so many?

To integrate SegWit2x I believe. Because easiest way is do a fork.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: