Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:27:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold is useless  (Read 1383 times)
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:26:40 PM

I think bitcoin gold is dev's backup plan for potential 2X fork attack, depending on the outcome of the 2x fork, Bitcoin gold may attract some attention if it turns out that we need to collaboratively getting the mining power back from asic miners
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theguy217

Activity: 76
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:30:53 PM

All the Bitcoins are useless. I did a transaction today in BTC and paid 2.50 in fees, it took 40 minutes. It's a ponzi scheme, not a store a value. You can't have a value stored in something useless.

Post the definition of "Ponzi". Then tell us who the operator is. Also, tell us who promised you anything. Also, who told you there is little risk?

Bye now

In 2017, it is pointless to argue with someone who claims Bitcoin is a Ponzi. Sympathize with him and help him to get a psychologist.

God you fanboys are dumb, it's like a religion. It's an operatorless Ponzi scheme, run by idiot fans who can't face the music. Bitcoin isn't good enough to be currency.

Then please remove your signature and gtfo.
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:41:36 PM

This is very alarming for those who hold Bitcoin just to get Bitcoin Gold. BTG price is dropping very quick so useless for those who hold their bitcoin just to get BTG.
Woah easy mate you dont have the rights to give that kind of attitude towards the Bitcoin Gold i guess youre a newbie after all shame for you . We dont know that yet that it is a useless fork even bitcoin starts with that kind of upheaval some users want to take advantage of the new fork to hold that for a long time just like bitcoin cash it has  a good value for now so theyre just getting reqdy for the meantime some user dont want big money from it they are just guessing it would be high priced after time
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:48:00 PM

All the Bitcoins are useless. I did a transaction today in BTC and paid 2.50 in fees, it took 40 minutes. It's a ponzi scheme, not a store a value. You can't have a value stored in something useless.

Post the definition of "Ponzi". Then tell us who the operator is. Also, tell us who promised you anything. Also, who told you there is little risk?

Bye now

In 2017, it is pointless to argue with someone who claims Bitcoin is a Ponzi. Sympathize with him and help him to get a psychologist.

God you fanboys are dumb, it's like a religion. It's an operatorless Ponzi scheme, run by idiot fans who can't face the music. Bitcoin isn't good enough to be currency.

Then please remove your signature and gtfo.

No

Sarah08

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:50:55 PM

This is very alarming for those who hold Bitcoin just to get Bitcoin Gold. BTG price is dropping very quick so useless for those who hold their bitcoin just to get BTG.
I think bitcoin coin is not useless because the value of the bitcoin gold will be higher in the future. You just have to wait in such time that the value of the bitcoin gold will go higher and from that you can realize that bitcoin gold is not useless. This are a thing that you would not regret in the future.
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:50:26 PM

why are you saying that?
I think BTG is very profitable, especially if we are a trader, BTG can give us big profits. and also because we get it for free Grin
Nathan047

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:26:01 PM

why are you saying that?
I think BTG is very profitable, especially if we are a trader, BTG can give us big profits. and also because we get it for free Grin
Well, plenty of people got profits because it was free, but after everybody sells I’m just waiting for it to drop down very low. Other than the free coins it really has no use other than to miners, who will probably just dump the coins they mine (furthering the downward spiral).

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:37:19 PM

why are you saying that?

Bitcoin gold was not free.  You are paying for it.  Nothing is free in life.  Bitcoins was over $6000.  You would of have more money if you sold your bitcoins before the fork, instead of keeping your bitcoins for BTG which is worth under $200 and bitcoin is still dropping.
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:30:30 PM

why are you saying that?

Bitcoin gold was not free.  You are paying for it.  Nothing is free in life.  Bitcoins was over $6000.  You would of have more money if you sold your bitcoins before the fork, instead of keeping your bitcoins for BTG which is worth under $200 and bitcoin is still dropping.

Currently I have a barrier to enter BitcoinGold. Somehow I'm not convinced, and too many people's opinions about it do not give me 100% satisfaction. What do you think about this? In my opinion, it is better not to risk too much to lose.
nata777

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:36:02 PM

All wanted to get Bitcoin Gold interested in the following question why the Altcoin Market is in place in general zero reaction
Ingramtg
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:40:57 PM

i don't care if it's useful or useless. i just hold my bitcoin and waitting another upcoming hardfork , i think this is the smart choice

bitcoin is the daddy and other is the son ,  Cheesy  you will have a lot of son when you hold bitcoin for a long time .

prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:14:48 PM

To be honest I regret that i did not capitalise on this opportunity , because why not?
And Yes, in my opinion btc price rise was strongly correlated with possibility to get free coins.

What is next? Segwit2x? The same shceme?

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
lanyounanhai

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:53:53 PM

yes it is. It is just a silly product from a group of silly people who want the people to pay attention to them. Bitcoin gold does not have any benefits or advantage. It only destroys and makes bitcoin weaker. The last hard fork is definitely useless and does not mean anything to bitcoin. The upcoming hard fork is more important than anything
johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:56:16 PM

I must completely agree with you. Somebody decide to do hard fork with nice name and make quick bucks. BTG doesn't even have own wallet at this very moment!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
ticterine

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:04:53 PM

BTG might be useless but as long as the market gives it a value its free money
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:12:08 PM

Bitcoin gold no support ! This is a fully commercial coin! The hype was very strong! The price of the coins increases! Let's see what will happen next?!!!!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:24:09 PM

Because the bitcoin gold was same with another shit bitcoin clone, You can see a lot of crap coin has used the bitcoin's name and i think that will not be surprised for me to see the bitcoin gold gets dumped a lot.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
triasel

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:33:49 PM

just waiting for high price because holder BTG still hold their coins and waiting time to take profit
in market the volum still low because people not trading it yet, maybe when the price with increase high people will interest
imperatron

Activity: 459

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:45:41 PM

Bitcoin Gold is not useless. I am sure that we will see some nice development and good prices in the next couple of months  Cool
dllhg

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:02:46 PM

Bitcoin Gold is not useless. I am sure that we will see some nice development and good prices in the next couple of months  Cool

ding ding ding ding  we have a winner   Grin

Major forks of BTC are far from useless.  In fact they end up being top ten or top 5 which is quite the opposite.   BTG hit over $600 today and it isnt live yet.  I am sure it may dump soon for profit taking but who knows how high it will go first.  I got a good amount of them and havent even accessed them yet.  I will wait. f it goes high enough I may sell a third of them and hold the rest long term.

Look what happened to BCH.  4--to 900 down to 300 and today it hits 1400  and over 5 billion volume with 21 billion market cap. Shocked    Coins created from hard fork with bitcoin name are more likely than others to flip BTC.  Most other alts dont have the power to topple BTC but seeing BTC cash make a run like this makes me think it is possible someday. 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: