Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:25:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcing] MineNinja - BeagleBone Black Bitcoin Mining Platform  (Read 16854 times)
MWNinja (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 07:06:27 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 10:03:18 PM by MWNinja

Open Source startup CoinNinja (www.coinninja.com) launches its first product geared for miners of the Bitcoin crypto-currency. The MineNinja is a turn-key device for hosting Bitcoin mining hardware, such as ASICs from Butterfly Labs, Avalon, and ASICMiner. With the bitcoin mining market rapidly moving to ASIC devices which provide more Hash power per watt, the MineNinja is the perfect compliment as it further reduces power consumption by eliminating the need for a PC.

"We chose the BeagleBone Black over the Raspberry Pi as it is truly open source. The BeagleBone design is totally open, and that cannot be said about the Pi. Furthermore we found the BeagleBone to be far more reliable, and operating temperatures to be significantly lower.”

Leveraging the power of Open Source development, the MineNinja is a great example of the Maker revolution for innovative small business. The MineNinja is small batch manufactured using the Open Source BeagleBone Black from Texas Instruments and its enclosure is 3D printed on an open source RepRap 3d Printer. The MineNinja is so low-power that it can easily be powered using only a USB port.

"We believe in the Open Source movement, all of our hardware and software is fully open source.  We encourage users to make their own MineNinja, everything needed to make your own be easily found in our Github repositiory." - states Alessandro Nardella, Lead Developer at CoinNinja.

The MineNinja leverages existing open source software such as Angstrom Linux, Cgminer and the ANUBIS web front-end to Cgminer.  The MineNinja uses the BeagleBone Black without any hardware modifications, which allows users to further refine the product by adding their unique contributions.

The MineNinja BeagleBone Bitcoin miner is available today in limited quantities at www.mineninja.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newmars

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:20:09 PM

ASICMiner USB Block Erupter $399? a little expensive compared to BTC 2.25 sold in the forum.
a1phanumrc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:22:49 PM

BeagleBone is a fantastic platform. ++ Over the RPi.

Watching and nice work!

BC tips: BA1phaSEpCN7jiSS33SSWXf3Bs1rP9SKir
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 08:29:31 PM

ASICMiner USB Block Erupter $399? a little expensive compared to BTC 2.25 sold in the forum.

Think of more as a way to support a cool open source project and getting the Block Erupter as a token of our gratitude. Of course they are cheaper when you buy them wholesale/group buy.

KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:38:05 PM

Glad the site is up but ...shipping is US only  Cry

Is there a repo for the software?
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 08:49:56 PM

US only for now, I haven't figured out international shipping yet.  You can use a service such as myamericanshipper or similar.

Here's our repo on Github: https://github.com/slayersoft/MineNinja/
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:59:25 PM

US only for now, I haven't figured out international shipping yet.  You can use a service such as myamericanshipper or similar.

Here's our repo on Github: https://github.com/slayersoft/MineNinja/

Thx.

Maybe have a look at Fedex or UPS, they take care of all the export/import shenanigans.
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 04:14:46 PM

Pricing is now in BTC and very competitive.  These BeagleBones are very flexible and could easily also be used as an inexpensive offline wallet, cheap web browser PC, etc.

Our package deals come with everything preconfigured to mine; or pick up an off-the-shelf BeagleBone and make your own.

We also opened up some international shipping options.

Note: Make sure you get a 5v/110v power brick, we don't recommend powering the BeagleBone over USB.
webjoe

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:09:23 PM

Have you figured out which powered USB Hub works with the MineNinja?  I read somewhere that certain USB Hubs don't work with the BeagleBone Black. 

BTC: 1P77ekpQigu2HfiB67wNhzmMmEvZFkE2jv | KNCMiner Neptune 20nm 3TH/S for $10K in Q1/Q2 2014
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 12:48:11 AM

Have you figured out which powered USB Hub works with the MineNinja?  I read somewhere that certain USB Hubs don't work with the BeagleBone Black. 

You'll want to get the DLINK D7 7 Port USB hub, particularly if you are going to be using USB Block Erupters.  For other USB based ASICs (that don't take power over USB), pretty much any USB 2.0/1.1 compatible hub will work.
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 06:08:34 PM

After a long night of 3d printing, making up product packaging, and figuring out shipping, the first shipment of MineNinjas are on their way to their new homes. It's been quite the learning experience just getting this far, and I am super excited about where this project is heading. 

I've started writing the wiki over at our Github repository which will help the first batch recipients get started with their new toys.
lantern

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:05:18 PM

Yay!

Looking forward to tinkering while my ASICs arrive  Smiley

Hopefully I won't have to tinker for too long...
sahkan

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:48:02 PM

Does the stratum proxy come with this? I am guessing I should be able to install it, or are the ASICMINER blades being managed through your software?
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 10:47:29 PM

Does the stratum proxy come with this? I am guessing I should be able to install it, or are the ASICMINER blades being managed through your software?

Shouldn't be too hard to build the stratum proxy on the beaglebone, certainly something we can include in a future release.  I'm limited to testing with hardware that I have (Cairnsmore1 boards and a few USB erupters).  Hopefully we can get some users with other assorted hardware so we can collectively build out the ultimate "out of the box" miner host.
innovation

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:50:15 PM

As seen in your website, You accept donation. Does u use the donation to develop your project?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:57:00 PM

Very cool, love the 'glow in the dark' material variant...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
innovation

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:09:26 PM

I want to buy MineNinja Batch #1 – User Edition. But It is only available in USA.
I am in China. SF-express is a good international express delivery company. MineNinja can been sent to China by SF-express.

More information about SF-express are available in the website:

http://www.sf-express.com/us/en/delivery_step/enquiry/coverageArea.html

thanks for your reply.
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 03:57:41 PM

As seen in your website, You accept donation. Does u use the donation to develop your project?
Donations are used exclusively to buy development hardware, debug device such as JTAG, plus pizza and beer for coding sessions.

I want to buy MineNinja Batch #1 – User Edition. But It is only available in USA.
I am in China. SF-express is a good international express delivery company. MineNinja can been sent to China by SF-express.

More information about SF-express are available in the website:

http://www.sf-express.com/us/en/delivery_step/enquiry/coverageArea.html

thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately the cost of shipping to China would be more than the cost of a MineNinja.  You would be better off finding a local source for the BeagleBone and making your own.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:14:44 PM

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 04:21:47 PM

We've been busy perfecting the art of 3d printing for the cases, and we now have our new case design ready.  It fits the BeagleBone perfectly, and prints much quicker so we can get your order out even faster.

Limited time promo: Order a MineNinja and 5 USB Asics and get a DLINK USB Hub for FREE, a $39.99 value.  Put your pool info in the order comments and we'll preconfigure your MineNinja so you just need to plug it in and mine.

Coming soon.... Case for Raspberry Pi Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: