Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:22:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfering BTCs between exchanges quickly  (Read 979 times)
dragony (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:57:16 PM

Hey guys Smiley,
I am thinking about building this service: You can send your Bitcoins between different exchanges instantly (like money with Bitinstant). So you would come to my site, login to MtGox, fill address of Bitstamp (let's say) and your bitcoins will be instantly at Bitstamp for little fee. This could be used in arbitrage when you need to have your Bitcoins at another exchange quickly.

My question are:

1. Do you think it's usefull?
2. Do you know how to create a ticket at MtGox which will send Bitcoins between two MtGox accounts? Bitstamp has a Bitstamp coupon, right? I am trying to digg through MtGox API.

Thank for your suggestions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:14:59 PM

Hey guys Smiley,
I am thinking about building this service: You can send your Bitcoins between different exchanges instantly (like money with Bitinstant). So you would come to my site, login to MtGox, fill address of Bitstamp (let's say) and your bitcoins will be instantly at Bitstamp for little fee. This could be used in arbitrage when you need to have your Bitcoins at another exchange quickly.

My question are:

2. Do you know how to create a ticket at MtGox which will send Bitcoins between two MtGox accounts? Bitstamp has a Bitstamp coupon, right? I am trying to digg through MtGox API.

It'd be very, very useful. Arbitragers would line up in a circle around the entire web to use this if the fee is low enough.

...But is your bankroll big enough? What do you do when on a heavy afternoon you're already pushed to your limit and someone requests a $50,000 move?

Arbitragers don't usually move $10 at a time... I wouldn't expect to use it in chunks less than $500 in value.

Perhaps if you have 1/4 Million USD on standby for each day it takes to transfer to you. That should be good enough to start.

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
shamoons

Activity: 165

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:44:13 PM

Hey guys Smiley,

My question are:

+1. Think it's a great idea and would love to see it implemented.
botsofbitcoin

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 02:11:58 AM

1) This would be really useful, mainly for the arbitrage opportunity mentioned.
2) Have a look at https://data.mtgox.com/api/0/withdraw.php, though it may be deprecated by now.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MtGox/API/HTTP/v0#0.2FredeemCode.php

See my localbitcoins ads here: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/botsofbitcoin/?ch=2mk
Visit Bots of Bitcoin here: http://www.botsofbitcoin.com/
Follow on Twitter: @botsofbitcoin
qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:13:15 AM

I think mtgox and bitstamp have both stopped issuing coupons, you can only redeem existing ones anymore.
dragony (OP)

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:34:27 AM

Thank you all for your posts. I thought it would be usefull. The thing is. Is it technically possible to make if MtGox and Bitstamp dropped that coupon support? Is there any other way how to send BTC between accounts at one exchange through API?

Is version 0 API still possible to use?
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:31:26 PM

Bitstamp uses Ripple, MtGox has not yet (to my knowledge) offered a replacement for their IOU coupons.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
bitrich

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:25:22 PM

I like the idea, but you would need a huge bank. And also, we can already send bitcoins from exchange to exchange as fast as it takes for confirmations, right?
btharper

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:30:28 PM

I like the idea, but you would need a huge bank. And also, we can already send bitcoins from exchange to exchange as fast as it takes for confirmations, right?
If the exchange requires 6 confirmations then an hour on average is way too long for most arbitrage, one confirmation would probably be too long for a lot of quick trades. Confining everything to a few centralized servers (Exchange 1, Transfer Site, Exchange 2) could be faster than sending a transaction through the network; of course if you could get the exchanges to connect directly to each other or through very few hops that would help, but then they have to trust each other as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: