Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:30:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Bitcoin collapsing, Gold Up  (Read 520 times)
Hydroponica (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:20:32 PM

Huh Half the posts in here, were just deleted...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:32:13 PM

Indeed
I don't really get the problem with my post:

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

This thread is a discussion about Bitcoin going down and gold going up, but also about alt-coins going up, and bitcoin coming down.

This is not a religious thread. But perfect religion is helping out the orphan and the widow, ok.

Most of us latecomers missed the boat, and so, we did not get rich off of bitcoins, so we have little or nothing to gain from having bitcoin being the main coin.

Whereas, if we could buy up thousands and thousands of an alt-coin or alt-coins as they are called, and if we got 'lucky' or perhaps because people worked hard at it, then the coins we bought at low prices then might increase dramatically and we might get rich.

What gain is there for most of us, if bitcoin goes up?  Not much, because bitcoins cost too much and our percentage gains would be smaller, whereas when we buy or mine these cheaper alt-coins, then if those went up in value alot, we might get 'rich'.

That is kind of what this thread was about, I think, not religion.
Vision not even compatible with your religion
http://kingwatch.co.nz/Christian_Political_Economy/jesus_on_money.htm

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Hydroponica (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:42:47 PM

Indeed

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

This thread is a discussion about Bitcoin going down and gold going up, but also about alt-coins going up, and bitcoin coming down.

This is not a religious thread. But perfect religion is helping out the orphan and the widow, ok.

Most of us latecomers missed the boat, and so, we did not get rich off of bitcoins, so we have little or nothing to gain from having bitcoin being the main coin.

Whereas, if we could buy up thousands and thousands of an alt-coin or alt-coins as they are called, and if we got 'lucky' or perhaps because people worked hard at it, then the coins we bought at low prices then might increase dramatically and we might get rich.

What gain is there for most of us, if bitcoin goes up?  Not much, because bitcoins cost too much and our percentage gains would be smaller, whereas when we buy or mine these cheaper alt-coins, then if those went up in value alot, we might get 'rich'.

Maybe your post wasn't the problem, maybe his was.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:46:09 PM

Indeed

Maybe your post wasn't the problem, maybe his was.
You mean because he's admitting that altcoins supporters are just pump-and-dumpers?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:43:46 PM

Wow

Wow

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:46:28 PM

Religion was clearly off-topic, so I had to delete his post. Whenever I delete off-topic posts, in the interests of keeping moderation invisible, I delete all replies to off-topic posts unless they somehow tie back into the topic. Usually they don't.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: