Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:35:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why dont the moderators care ?  (Read 2426 times)
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:30:15 PM

Use this function to inform the moderators and administrators of an abusive or wrongly posted message.
Please note that your email address will be revealed to the moderators if you use this.

You have reported 3 posts with 0% accuracy

are threats of harming people ok on this forum ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 09:41:16 PM

I have noticed this too, I only report people If they go WAY to far, but most of my reports are reported as " inacurate ". Strange. Maybe mods are too lazy to rate reports ?

Also I've NEVER seen a mod edit a post, or warn someone. I'm all for freedom of speech but cussing and swearing and threatening ... why is this allowed ? Why have mods at all then ?

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 09:42:07 PM

There's an ignore function, use it, yes, freedom of speech of all kinds should be allowed, but equally you have the right to ignore what they say and don't have to read it, it's nothing to do with being lazy, it's called actually sticking with their beliefs and not being hypocrites, I have plenty of racists and stupid angry people on my ignore list here.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:55:27 PM

Use this function to inform the moderators and administrators of an abusive or wrongly posted message.
Please note that your email address will be revealed to the moderators if you use this.

Could you link to the posts you reported so we can get an idea of what you were trying to report?

You have reported 28 posts with 90% accuracy

I must know the TOS

"You have reported 28 posts with 97% accuracy"

Ha, I am doing even better than you Smiley

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:57:34 PM

one of the 3 posts i reported was saying about having sex with animals the whole thred has been deleted now ( not because of that thow )

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 10:02:47 PM

one of the 3 posts i reported was saying about having sex with animals the whole thred has been deleted now ( not because of that thow )
Zoophilia? That's some messed up stuff you were reading.

Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 10:03:48 PM

I don't like to ignore people because even people who get drunk and troll and insult others for fun sometimes make interesting, constructive posts the next day Smiley

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:05:19 PM

it was on a post about somone wanting to get 5 7950 working on windows

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 10:07:42 PM

That's probably the most off-topic response, ever!

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:10:31 PM

That's probably the most off-topic response, ever!

He was serious.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:15:24 PM

I can't speak to your claims, since I didn't review them; but you can pretty much assume that mods aren't going to do anything about someone who is likely joking, or isn't but can't really follow through, unless they are really being an asshat.  Being offensive to one or some isn't enough, you would have to be offensive to just about everyone, and often, to be sensored for your opinions alone.

Also, since the new reporting system was put into place, the root problem with the old one never really changed; namely some people will report people that they don't like in mass to the point of spamming the reporting system.  I, for one, grew tired of checking for these reports and finding nothing particularly noteworthly, and don't put much time into researching them anymore.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:33:01 PM

You have reported 28 posts with 90% accuracy

I must know the TOS

"You have reported 28 posts with 97% accuracy"

Ha, I am doing even better than you Smiley

Dammm Sad I need to find a russian hacker to post a phising link so I can report him!

All you need to do is sit in the main "Bitcoin Discussion" forum, half the stuff posted there actually belongs somewhere else.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 10:35:10 PM

I don't like to ignore people because even people who get drunk and troll and insult others for fun sometimes make interesting, constructive posts the next day Smiley

Yeah, you just click the button again if you want to unignore them lol
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:40:21 PM

You have reported 11 posts with 100% accuracy

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:44:01 PM

mabe its because the ones i reported were in the alt coin catagory the bit coin parts seem to be lookes after well

JimCGSavings

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:46:27 PM

Wait...you mean I missed a thread about how having sex with animals will help to get 5 7950's working on windows? Aw man! (grin)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:47:54 PM

mabe its because the ones i reported were in the alt coin catagory the bit coin parts seem to be lookes after well
Surely
The alt coin sub forum is like the Bitcoin far west

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
raze

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:51:59 PM

You have reported 1 posts with 100% accuracy

Aww yeeeaah, 100%. I don't even remember what it was for. I think it was a spam/scam thread.

I generally don't get offended easily, just move on and forget about it.

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:24:57 AM

LOL, I'm wondering why he would be reading that as well... not that I judge or anything.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:20:59 AM

I have noticed this too, I only report people If they go WAY to far, but most of my reports are reported as " inacurate ". Strange. Maybe mods are too lazy to rate reports ?

Also I've NEVER seen a mod edit a post, or warn someone. I'm all for freedom of speech but cussing and swearing and threatening ... why is this allowed ? Why have mods at all then ?

Warning people publicly in threads where moderation is occurring is not a very effective way to moderate. It just puts the person on the defensive, which makes an amicable resolution much less likely. Then there will probably be a few pages of debate over the moderation itself, which is mostly pointless. It's best done in private, unless you enjoy drama, or meta type threads.

I also rarely edit posts, your posts are your posts, and they should stay that way. If a post is worthy of moderation, then I'd rather delete it outright than edit it.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: