Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:32:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FACTS] Why Being an Altcoin NOOB is BAD  (Read 371 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:43:19 AM

Noobs currently pile in here and are NOW leap-frogging over learning the prerequisites.
Since every single coin is an ICO there is nothing to know.
You all simply head over to the "exchanger" and login and look up the tard' syymbol and click buy.
Based on what ? Your technical knowledge of the design and source code and functionality of crypto-currencies ?
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no.

Get it ?

How the fuck do you dare call yourselves "investors" when you have demonstrated no actual knowledge of "crypto" ?
How the fuck do you "invest" in something you don't know anything about ?
Simple you post stupid questions here LOL

This shit was streamlined for idiots.
Moar ICO'z HODL ! <dev dumps>
..no one cares (because both parties looking for the *new coin anyway)

What it actually is and how it works is of no concern to anyone.
The only thing that matters is..
Is the new fancy schmantzy ICO gimmick convincing enough to get popular enough to dump fer teh ROI's.

If you noobs can not look at the source code and see how it's rigged unfairly then what right do you have "investing" in them and there by pushing them onto others ?

You noobs are not asking the questions you should be.
All i see is "which one will make me rich?" being asked over and over.
And i just explained above the answer to that.  Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iwouldntknow

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:03:41 AM

Truer words have never been spoken.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:47:59 PM

Yes.

But now it's even worse with all the airdrop crap spam everywhere while the "devs" pick up most of the coins by airdropping to their sockpuppet acocunts or just straight up keeping huge amount of the premine.

Too many gamblers and too many scammers spewing out premined scams made easy with shit like Ethereum tokens...

Not your keys, not your coins!
Heye

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:18:09 PM

If the only people that bought cryptocurrencies were the ones who had technical knowledge in crypto; btc and alts would still be really cheap.
Also investors who invest in "normal companies" rarely understand everything about their products.

you're right about the whole what's the next 1000x coins threads or all these airdrop scams they're annoying as hell though.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:12:56 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 08:19:43 AM by Spoetnik

What would make you think a coin is going to be successful ?
I'd say it's the potential for adoption from a more broader user base.
IE: The Public.
Which i might add will likely not have any technical knowledge over us.. the crypoto-nerds.
It is our job to be the experts and enthusiasts.. we failed on that.
The guy just said well, it would lower the value of our coins.
Uhh so what ?

You missed the point.

IT'S NOT ABOUT "coin" PRICES.

It's about WHAT it is and HOW IT WORKS.
Why ?
Because HOW IT WORKS is what makes it a success.

And no Success does not mean high market prices on centralized govt complaint insecure exchanges for ROI's with a crowd of non-crypto-supporters clutching FIAT for profits.

Most of you shouldn't be here.. high prices or not.
And you all just want people like me to go away so you can continue to bastardize and rape and pervert the concept of "crypto" to suit your silly retarded pathetic cash making agenda.

Can you possibly fathom how fucking silly it sounds when some noob calls a new "coin" a startup company asking for investments in the tune of a quarter billion dollars? (See Bitshares EOS port for example)

You fail to grasp what it is.
How it works.. and why.

You are utterly consumed with greed and all i see is ICO pyramid / ponzi schemes.
Defended by profiteer investards flooding in with no knowledge of crypto past or present or the desire to even learn.
Yet you have the bloody audacity to call yourselves investors ?
How do you choose 1 over another then ?

You are the front line people.. it's your job and you are failing at it and there will be consequences.
You've collectively taken this "Startup" "token" shit to ridiculous levels.
Jeez i thought the mass SCRYPT cloning days were bad.. that was nothing.

You all permit the bad shit to go down then when news China bans ICO's you look around and blame the guy beside you.

The sad part is you all don't give a fuck and you will simply walk away when ever you feel like it.
And as i said back during the SCRYPT cloning days you will wander off leaving those of us that stayed behind the mess to clean up and negative consequences to deal with.
You don't care if your behavior is ruining crypto and it's potential for mass adoption and usage.
You care about Bittrex profits now.. as fast as possible.

How ?
You are co-opted to participate in coin token schemes for Bitcoin dust.
It's now standard practice to ALLOW "dev's" (if you want to call them that) to rig and skew a coin in their favor.. making them rich.. just so long as you collect some dust.
A key way they do that is by calling their coin a business then taking money for it.

THAT IS WRONG.

But you are doing it non stop.
You won't stop unless someones takes you all out by the knees.
And the guy above me was rambling on about profits ?
You miss the damn point here guys.. i *AM* talking about your profits.
And how you are sabotaging them and selling yours selves short.

Your immoral scheme token crap is a small fraction of what *could be.
The guy says if we don't blindly support worthless ICO coins then they won't be worth much ?
You are blind.  Cheesy

You think your worthless garbage "startup" ICO "fuel" token(s) are worth a lot ?
Try imagining how much a real currency would be worth if half the Earth adopted it and used it as intended.

Summary:
A currency not used as a currency ..is not a currency  Cheesy

You are all going to have to get smarter or you WILL suffer the consequences.
Which is ? Well.. the *ONLY* thing you all talk about is "Startups" and "Investments" so take a guess what that might be.

Heye

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:23:03 PM

All I said was that If the only people that bought cryptocurrencies were the ones who had technical knowledge in crypto; btc and alts would still be really cheap. That's not what rambling about profit is.
you say you only want crypto-nerd to use cryptocurrencies then you say Try imagining how much a real currency would be worth if half the Earth adopted it and used it as intended.

Most coins are not meant to be currencies btw, for a coin to be used as a currency someone need to finds a way to get rid of transaction fees and to make thousands of instant transactions in a second and we're not there yet. Also, retarded investors who don't know anything about crypto are not stopping geniuses like you to make a real currency if you want to.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:50:56 PM

All I said was that If the only people that bought cryptocurrencies were the ones who had technical knowledge in crypto; btc and alts would still be really cheap. That's not what rambling about profit is.
you say you only want crypto-nerd to use cryptocurrencies then you say Try imagining how much a real currency would be worth if half the Earth adopted it and used it as intended.

Most coins are not meant to be currencies btw, for a coin to be used as a currency someone need to finds a way to get rid of transaction fees and to make thousands of instant transactions in a second and we're not there yet. Also, retarded investors who don't know anything about crypto are not stopping geniuses like you to make a real currency if you want to.

Crypto-nerds and lazy gamblers are not the only two groups of people. Plenty of people in between to adopt it.

You can't and shouldn't get rid of transaction fees completely. A feeless system can and will be flooded with transactions to a point where most people's home computers won't be able to handle running a node so decentralization is out.

I can't speak for Spoetnik nor am I genius but I don't want to make my own coin, nor did I ever made one. No need to have another currency - unless it does something groundbreaking. Copy paste coins, or even worse, click and go tokens that aren't doing something significantly bettern than previous coins are simply pointless shitcoins. Not even experiments as experiments shouldn't require to have monetary value (testnet).

Not your keys, not your coins!
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:29:29 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2017, 03:31:31 PM by Spoetnik

Too many damn fucking ICOs, even if its potentially a good project, everyone thinks they can flip it, everyone fails and panic sells.
It makes idiots lose money but also sometimes can cripple potentially good projects. Sad reality though.

I have told the dev's lots they don't want those people involved.
How is it helping when people do not care about your coin project and have every intention on dumping ASAP for profits ?
That is not support.
And i have witnessed the result.. delisted and left for dead coins.

You guys have any idea how many times i have been told in crypto XYZ coin is crappy because it's boring ?
It's a currency for crying out loud.
But investor children with an insatiable blood lust for BITCOIN profits don't care and are not going to hold long term.
They are here to profit and fast.. they have ADD.
They are kids.
They are stupid.
They are greedy.
They are unregulated and free to run rampant.

But why would a dev want those types of people involved buying their coins ?
Obvious now isn't it ?
So they can dump on them.

If i had a coin i would not want it "pumped".
I would not want profiteers to flock in inflating the price to silly levels only for it to crash into the dirt.
I would want REAL crypto currency supporters with some patience and sincere interest in supporting the project.
Which goes above and beyond simply BUYING COINS on an "exchanger". (English translation = Exchange)

Know what buying mining hardware means ?
It's a token of support.. a sign the supporter is serious about it.

I find it hilarious we are seeing a flood of ICO's to get Bitcoin which was not an ICO.
It was a fairly launched mined crypto currency.
Something *NONE* of the ICO's are or EVER will be.
And there for have virtually no chance in hell at ever accomplishing anything other than a price spike on an exchange.

It's full speed in reverse..
Turn it upside down and drain it until the last drop comes out.

Heye

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:00:35 PM

You can't and shouldn't get rid of transaction fees completely. A feeless system can and will be flooded with transactions to a point where most people's home computers won't be able to handle running a node so decentralization is out.

The percentage of cryptocurrencies transactions compared to fiat is still very very small, if nodes can't handle a feeless system than how are we supposed to handle the majority of the world's transactions.
I think we need to figure out a way make running a node simpler and cheaper, and a way to keep people from making useless transactions, like giving everyone only 1 address or to limit transactions to 1 every n seconds.

anyway miner fees are a joke, I would be okay with a small fee to pay nodes but I don't think it would be ideal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: