Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:33:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC really anonymous?  (Read 1199 times)
Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:06:06 AM

It is up to the point you get your wallet. Your transactions are open to everyone, so it's only partly anonymous. Despite what people say about it, Bitcoin wasn't really designed to be completely anonymous.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Denilatm

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:32:01 PM

It's great question.No, bitcoin payments are not anonymous.  Bitcoin payments are pseudonymous.  All bitcoin payments go to bitcoin addresses.  Anybody can create an address.  But bitcoin payments are sometimes referred to as prosecution futures, because they are all public and part of bitcoin's immutable public record called the blockchain.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Everyone can create an wallet in a snap of course without giving any identity also.

And the transaction is secure, encrypted and whatever, BUT are your wallet truly anonymous?

It has a private password and that’s ok when you keep all the BTC in there . I mean IN and OUT.
But when you want to change your BTC with other CCs that’s where you can get pubblic. On the exchange and in many other ways.

Just keep it in mind

Your private key information will not be shared to anyone from the wallet providers. If you share by your own and sharing wallet.dat will be hackable by the any people. Bitcoin transaction are anoymous anytime because private information will not share whenever you transferring the bitcoin to any concern wallets. Exchangers will comes to know your bank details when you exchange your bitcoin to fiat cash. I have many time trading but none of the people will not looking into share it anyone.

No, your BTC address can be linked to your real identities if you somehow create a BTC address that contains your information. that includes an address that you use to send or receive from exchange or wallets if you want full anonymity you should use mixing service
beatleap

Activity: 99
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:25:30 PM

Everyone can create an wallet in a snap of course without giving any identity also.

And the transaction is secure, encrypted and whatever, BUT are your wallet truly anonymous?

It has a private password and that’s ok when you keep all the BTC in there . I mean IN and OUT.
But when you want to change your BTC with other CCs that’s where you can get pubblic. On the exchange and in many other ways.

Just keep it in mind

Your private key information will not be shared to anyone from the wallet providers. If you share by your own and sharing wallet.dat will be hackable by the any people. Bitcoin transaction are anoymous anytime because private information will not share whenever you transferring the bitcoin to any concern wallets. Exchangers will comes to know your bank details when you exchange your bitcoin to fiat cash. I have many time trading but none of the people will not looking into share it anyone.

No, your BTC address can be linked to your real identities if you somehow create a BTC address that contains your information. that includes an address that you use to send or receive from exchange or wallets if you want full anonymity you should use mixing service

Although mixing services are illegal in most countries so probably not the best idea if your identity is already linked.
luxcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Guard your privacy

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:14:07 AM

Everyone can create an wallet in a snap of course without giving any identity also. And the transaction is secure, encrypted and whatever, BUT are your wallet truly anonymous? It has a private password and that’s ok when you keep all the BTC in there . I mean IN and OUT. But when you want to change your BTC with other CCs that’s where you can get public. On the exchange and in many other ways. Just keep it in mind

Yes, we already know that in Bitcoin there is no such thing as absolute privacy. Somewhere along the way, the privacy chain can be broken and the transactions can easily be mined and analyzed. As in anything in life, there would always be exemptions to the general rule. Generally, it should be be anonymous maybe if all things are kept in the Bitcoin network in the sense that any transaction may not have your personal identity imprinted on them (however the details of the transactions are there for the public to see) but when the transaction can be involving third-parties then that is why when things can really be so different.

We are living in a connected and wired world where privacy can be shared for all to record, mine, analyze and utilized. Private data can in fact be a billion-dollar business as there are many commercial entities who are interested to get hold of the data for their own business exploitation. One of the reasons why we have cryptocurrency is to precisely limit the encroachment of these data coming from the government and business industry. But as in anything in life, we could not live alone by ourselves so somewhere somehow we have to compromise to also get what we want.

Great point buddy!
I totally agree with you.
COMPROMISE is the key word. You always have to be aware of what you are doing and don't ever think that because you are alone behind your desktop you are absolute alone. You could leave some tracks of yourself and many other can take them along your journey in the internet.
That what is really is. It's fine for me even if I care so much about my privacy - but you have to compromise at your best

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
btc_angela

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:19:09 AM

Just keep it in mind

Well initially if you have just a wallet, you will be anonymous because there's no name attached in it. However, if you try to exchange and convert it to fiat, then you lost your anonymous because when you open a account you will need to submit pertinent to you identify. And besides, bitcoin is not really anonymous, but pseudo-anonymous. So if you really wants to remain anonymous, they say Monero is the best choice for you, however, I haven't tried it so I can't really say. But for me as long as you don't do anything illegal with your bitcoin, everything will be fine on your end.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
coinstatic

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:29:20 AM

It can be very anonymous depending how you cashout your BTC.

If you're only holding BTC and not cashing out for fiat, it can remain anonymous. The moment you cashout using any online method such as PayPal, bank transfer, Skrill etc you can be tracked

Now if you want to cashout anonymously the only way I can think of is face to face without involving any banks etc just trading BTC for cash in hand.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:39:49 AM

Nope, it's pseudonymous. Has degrees of anonymity. Bitcoin transactions are fully transparent but it's not associated or tied to an identity hence it is called pseudonymous. However, law enforcement are somewhat successful tracking down illicit activities (silk road). Even tor is not fully anonymous, any decent hacker is able to track you when you get target.

I agree that is pseudonymous but there are cases where a transaction is fully associated with a real identity. The most apparent one is when someone buys or sell things with btc's who is obliged to give his real identity. For this reason there are 'mixing' services
Be light

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

In crypto we trust!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:45:27 AM

Guys, what can you say about API if you use the API to get coins on blockchain, there is new wallet at generated transaction, but it sends coins to main address and can be traced anyway. Do I understand the mechanism correctly?
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:48:46 AM

Just keep it in mind
Yes its absolutely anonymous when you save money in a private key wallet. Because blocks do not bother if you are steve jobs or luxcoin moreover there is no way you can trace the ip address using the wallet addy. Third party wallets are the actual identity disclosers.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:01:11 AM

Just keep it in mind

I think that what made bitcoin popular and very appealing to the users is because that everything is almost secure and encrypted. This is what makes bitcoin into something that is making it like a flame and we are the moths drawn into it.

Y U MAD AT ME
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:38:40 AM

The key is to have a sense of security. Even a paper purse without a cold purse is safe. But it's safe for people who use it to protect their passwords and keys, or to record their own pen and paper. There's just one more point. Remember cookie every time you use your wallet
What do you mean cookie every time we use wallet?? Do you mean we have to clear all cookies when we close browser. How about if we use our personal device not public device? Your answer would be appreciate. Thanks
Denilatm

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:47:40 PM

No,It's not anonymous.Bitcoin is subject to traffic analysis and is not anonymous.

However, there are degrees of anonymity.  The thing about bitcoin is that it takes some effort to figure out who owns what wallet, so it's more anonymous than credit card transactions where you give your identity to the vendor.
luxcoin (OP)

Guard your privacy

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:55:29 AM

Just keep it in mind

Well initially if you have just a wallet, you will be anonymous because there's no name attached in it. However, if you try to exchange and convert it to fiat, then you lost your anonymous because when you open a account you will need to submit pertinent to you identify. And besides, bitcoin is not really anonymous, but pseudo-anonymous. So if you really wants to remain anonymous, they say Monero is the best choice for you, however, I haven't tried it so I can't really say. But for me as long as you don't do anything illegal with your bitcoin, everything will be fine on your end.

I go along with your idea. The issue about privacy has always been a great battle to against for me - so that nobody regarding what you are doing with your own money can spy/track/control you in different ways. So I was saying that Cryptocurrency does NOT mean you are free and secure from everyone - so be careful in what you're doing.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
deeponion.org
luxcoin (OP)

Guard your privacy

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:59:28 AM

It can be very anonymous depending how you cashout your BTC.

If you're only holding BTC and not cashing out for fiat, it can remain anonymous. The moment you cashout using any online method such as PayPal, bank transfer, Skrill etc you can be tracked

Now if you want to cashout anonymously the only way I can think of is face to face without involving any banks etc just trading BTC for cash in hand.

Definitely a solution!
I mean you may NOT be a criminal - but if someone can truck your money, he can actually stole it someway. So it has to maintain your privacy and anonymous. Exchange them for cash is a great solution. I hope soon some exchange can offer that possibility, so you do not have to login in the website providing your identity.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
deeponion.org
luxcoin (OP)

Guard your privacy

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:03:07 AM

Just keep it in mind
Yes its absolutely anonymous when you save money in a private key wallet. Because blocks do not bother if you are steve jobs or luxcoin moreover there is no way you can trace the ip address using the wallet addy. Third party wallets are the actual identity disclosers.

You are right. As long as you keep that amount in your wallet. And hopefully one day you does not need to exchange them with fiat, but you can actually buy everything with them in every store. So that will be great.

Anyway I see nowadays many people that change their CCs within Exchanges that can hold your identity and track your public key - so it's not rocket science to associate that wallet with some identity

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
deeponion.org
xantor

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:24:25 AM

By itself, bitcoin is not anonymous.

However, there are layers of technology that can be applied to it to help add some measure of anonymity to the transactions.

And of course, there are counter-anon technologies to nullify these.

Look to altcoins for anonymity features. There is no one altcoin that is best for anon. each has its own strengths and weaknesses.

if u were a dubious entity who wishes to use bitcoin to cloak ur transactions, u might actually be calling unwanted attention to said tx. It's like telling people where to look. granted they need to look long and hard, but then they would know where to look.

Argoo

Activity: 2254
Merit: 223

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:46:41 AM

Bitcoin is not completely anonymous. Since the data on the implementation of bitcoin transactions are public, you can observe where you send your money, that is, to which purse addresses and what amounts and from what purse addresses and what amounts you receive. Over time, a picture of your connections and their character will appear. If you cash out money somewhere and you need identification, you are fully disclosed and all your money transfers will be documented. Therefore, for investigative bodies there are chances to calculate any anonym under a pseudonym.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:50:43 AM

The wallets are truly anonymous because there's no need for any information when we need to register. But bitcoin itself isn't anonymous as we can see the entire transactions through the blockchain network but there's no way to know on whom are the people that are transacting unless you know who are the owners of those bitcoin address but having no idea of who are the owners of it doesn't mean it's fully anonymous.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:19:47 AM

It depends on how you beliefs are but for me Bitcoin is not anonymous because we use blockchain so in that ledger we will see the transaction between person to person. so for me bitcoin is decentralize nor anonymous

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: