Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:01:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ARG] Argentum | Fast. Optimized. Unique Innovation. | 0% Orphans  (Read 55734 times)
erundook

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:00:46 PM

With the wild difficulty swings that were happening, the orphans are inevitable. What's your performance like when the difficulty and hash are stable?

Wasn't one of the great thing about ARG that it has 0% Orphans? (See title).
I was wondering how they did it in the first place. Looks like it was just some big talk to get people interested then?
if you match that orphans count to total blocks count, it'll be close to zero percent actually.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
baritus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:05:37 PM

It's not big talk, and it resulted from actual testing done on multiple pools.

I would like to see what multipool's orphan block/total block ratio is as well.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 06:00:06 PM

With the wild difficulty swings that were happening, the orphans are inevitable. What's your performance like when the difficulty and hash are stable?

Wasn't one of the great thing about ARG that it has 0% Orphans? (See title).
I was wondering how they did it in the first place. Looks like it was just some big talk to get people interested then?
if you match that orphans count to total blocks count, it'll be close to zero percent actually.

91/1835 now, close to 5%.

for comparison, our PXC pool is 25 orphans out of 1660 blocks, or ~1.5%
FTC is 22/852 or ~2.5%
DGC and WDC are higher for obvious reasons.

We probably haven't found enough LTC or NVC blocks for them to be statistically relevant, but the LTC orphan rate is about 2%, NVC is 1.25%, TRC is ~1.6%.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
baritus
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 06:03:03 PM

It's due to the wild swings in difficulty, once it's more stable they'll disappear.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 06:03:44 PM

It's due to the wild swings in difficulty, once it's more stable they'll disappear.

oh, and MNC is 0.6%.
LKY 4.6%

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 06:09:25 PM

OP implies that you won't even get stale shares.

That is technically impossible..

baritus
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 06:38:30 PM

He did say in perfect conditions. Wild difficulty swings aren't in those conditions.

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:06:43 PM

He did say in perfect conditions. Wild difficulty swings aren't in those conditions.

The difficulty is up to 1.279 after being raped by multipool.in yet again.

Network hashrate: 18.72 MH/s when multipool attacked last it added over 400MH/s for 20min, which represented roughly 95% of the Network hashrate at the time. I consider anything over 51% an attack on the coin and it needs to be looked into.

I expect it will be days before the difficulty falls again at the current block rate unless we can get some more hash power, or pump the price up to make it top the profitability charts. So all the theory on orphans is a moot point with nobody wanting to mine the coin! A coin that is not mined is not viable.

killdemon

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:45:38 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 05:27:33 AM by killdemon

Our Argentum pool is available at https://arg.d2.cc with 0% fee!

Pool Info
  • 0% Fee
  • Rewards at 30 block confirmations.
  • SSL across the entire site.
  • Privacy setting on account details page to hide your username from others
  • Optional donation field in the account details section if you wish to donate a percentage to help with server costs, 1% by default
  • Stratum support

Follow us on twitter @d2mining

If you have any problems with the pool, please submit a ticket at our support help desk.

Our list:

Our pool list is always updated on https://d2.cc

Do not mine on this pool! No cash outs!
Update: I have been cashed out but with a big delay.

killdemon

Activity: 212

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:53:02 PM

Network hashrate: 18.72 MH/s when multipool attacked last it added over 400MH/s for 20min, which represented roughly 95% of the Network hashrate at the time. I consider anything over 51% an attack on the coin and it needs to be looked into.

I expect it will be days before the difficulty falls again at the current block rate unless we can get some more hash power, or pump the price up to make it top the profitability charts. So all the theory on orphans is a moot point with nobody wanting to mine the coin! A coin that is not mined is not viable.

How to stop or prevent this kind of attacks?!

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 10:33:55 PM

Most pool owners know when their pool is harming the network hash rate and do something about it, so it's seldom been a problem. The obvious solution is some of the DGC miners moving their rigs on to ARG until it gets better known. I have done this, but my rig is tiny.
flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 10:48:29 PM

Even in perfect conditions it's impossible to guarantee no stale shares because you can't guarantee that a miner isn't working on a share from an old block.

Re: difficulty swings, fix your coin's difficulty adjustment.

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 10:49:38 PM

It's not an attack, it's people mining the coin.

The coin's difficulty adjustment is badly tuned.  Your developers are responsible for this.

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 10:51:59 PM

There's nothing magical about 51%.  A double spend was not attempted and will not be attempted by my pool.

Your coin can be 51%'d by someone with a farm of 20 7970's at any time when we're not on it.  You should be happy I'm keeping the low difficulty coins out of the hands of black hats.

jbmiller10

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 10:58:03 PM

The coin's difficulty adjustment is badly tuned.  Your developers are responsible for this.

No coin can withstand a flash 5000% increase in global network hashrate. If anything, this coin's fast retarget will be its saving grace, otherwise the damage done would have been much more severe.

I go by threestar most places.
Join us in the Digitalcoin Chatroom!
flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:07:28 PM

The coin's difficulty adjustment is badly tuned.  Your developers are responsible for this.

No coin can withstand a flash 5000% increase in global network hashrate. If anything, this coin's fast retarget will be its saving grace, otherwise the damage done would have been much more severe.

Your hashrate is low because this coin doesn't offer anything, other than being a low difficulty cash cow every few hours.  It doesn't even deliver on its stated gimmick of no orphans.  That said, I don't see why anyone deserves to be able to mine this coin at low difficulty over anyone else.

If the coin's not ready for prime time then take it off the exchanges, then you won't have to worry about anyone mining it.

jbmiller10

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:21:34 PM

Your hashrate is low because this coin doesn't offer anything, other than being a low difficulty cash cow every few hours.  It doesn't even deliver on its stated gimmick of no orphans.  That said, I don't see why anyone deserves to be able to mine this coin at low difficulty over anyone else.

If the coin's not ready for prime time then take it off the exchanges, then you won't have to worry about anyone mining it.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, as I am mine. The points you raise, however, have nothing to do with the point I refuted.
It should also be noted that ARG does have virtually 0% orphans at its stable block generation rate of 30 seconds. It when it's flash mined and the block rate drops down to less than one second that they become an issue.

I go by threestar most places.
Join us in the Digitalcoin Chatroom!
flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:29:18 PM

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, as I am mine. The points you raise, however, have nothing to do with the point I refuted.
It should also be noted that ARG does have virtually 0% orphans at its stable block generation rate of 30 seconds. It when it's flash mined and the block rate drops down to less than one second that they become an issue.

Yes, I understand your point.  But as I stated above, we 'flash mine' MNC and LKY at low difficulties as well and have much lower orphan rates on MNC and comparable rates on LKY.

ARG orphan rate is no better than other coins, your claim is bogus.

nearmiss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:31:38 AM

You should be happy I'm keeping the low difficulty coins out of the hands of black hats.

We all thank you for your pools contributions to low diff coins.  Where would we be without it!  The positive impact on all those involved with the coin outside the 20min coinchoose window of profitability thank you. 

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:42:45 AM

We all thank you for your pools contributions to low diff coins.  Where would we be without it!  The positive impact on all those involved with the coin outside the 20min coinchoose window of profitability thank you. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: