Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:53:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ARG] Argentum | Fast. Optimized. Unique Innovation. | 0% Orphans  (Read 55732 times)
nearmiss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:01:26 AM

I agree that it's borderline exploitative, however, since there is no *real* commerce or any kind of important service relying on this coin (that I have been made aware of ....

Please have your devs contact me about opening up my ARG port for direct mining.  Surely they have some of that premine left, right?  Or did they dump it already?

From exploitation on to extortion?  You are a real piece of fucking work aren't you?  The crypto community is such a better place with people like you in it. Something for us all to strive towards.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:13:24 AM

I agree that it's borderline exploitative, however, since there is no *real* commerce or any kind of important service relying on this coin (that I have been made aware of ....

Please have your devs contact me about opening up my ARG port for direct mining.  Surely they have some of that premine left, right?  Or did they dump it already?

From exploitation on to extortion?  You are a real piece of fucking work aren't you?  The crypto community is such a better place with people like you in it. Something for us all to strive towards.

extortion?

I'm not offering to stop mining ARG on the multiport if you pay me off.  I'm offering to provide a reliable pool 24/7 to ARG miners.  How is that extortion?  Coin devs routinely offer bounties for pools.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:19:16 AM

flound, a piece of advice. Get your head out of your fucking ass. Your pool may be technically more advanced, but compared to other pools ive seen. It is far from more reliable or stable. Your pool realistically is a piece of crap in the sense that its killing the coin's that it was created for and the method used to jump pool's wastes miners hashes and also causes anyone on your pool to lose money. I personally along with plenty of people would advice ANYONE who wants to mine a single coin to visit any pool except one like yours which offers diff hopping. I personally would promote nearmiss's d2.cc or CartmanSPC's pool's to mine on for ARG. They are more stable than your's will ever be.

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:25:19 AM

flound, a piece of advice. Get your head out of your fucking ass. Your pool may be technically more advanced, but compared to other pools ive seen. It is far from more reliable or stable. Your pool realistically is a piece of crap in the sense that its killing the coin's that it was created for and the method used to jump pool's wastes miners hashes and also causes anyone on your pool to lose money. I personally along with plenty of people would advice ANYONE who wants to mine a single coin to visit any pool except one like yours which offers diff hopping. I personally would promote nearmiss's d2.cc or CartmanSPC's pool's to mine on for ARG. They are more stable than your's will ever be.

Hopping pools costs about 0.5% efficiency over 10 minutes or 0.0000347% per 24 hours.  Even if we hop 100 times a day, when talking about 100% or more extra return that is a negligible cost even to hop for 10 minutes.

As far as the reliability, the pool has been fairly stable in the past week after having some scaling issues.  My poolserver backend should be able to handle up to 3GH of scrypt mining at this point.

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:34:09 AM

Hopping pools costs about 0.5% efficiency over 10 minutes or 0.0000347% per 24 hours.  Even if we hop 100 times a day, when talking about 100% or more extra return that is a negligible cost even to hop for 10 minutes.

As far as the reliability, the pool has been fairly stable in the past week after having some scaling issues.  My poolserver backend should be able to handle up to 3GH of scrypt mining at this point.
You know adam i believed i had seen the most retarded of all people in this world. You just set that standard even lower. Have you ever actually done the math on how much wasted hash there is hopping to all different coins flash mining?

Also you've just admitted it yourself you had some scaling issues. Basically your pool was fucked adam, just admit it. Your great technological advance had flaws. TBH i doubt you're pool at whatever stage when diff hopping will support 3GH of scrypt and i hope if that time comes people realise the amount earned by a pool such as your's is pretty much halved. Scientifically its called the Placebo effect. Its all in your mind bro. I cant wait for you to implement auto conversion to BTC or LTC that way miners can really see how much theyre earning daily and then really see that they're wasting their time and money on a pool with an OP who's all mouth. IF you're right put your money where you mouth is, and either implement the BTC/LTC autoconversion and get real miners from your pool to provide all us with figures or otherwise shut the hell up and get the fuck away from ARG

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:31:15 AM

You know adam i believed i had seen the most retarded of all people in this world. You just set that standard even lower. Have you ever actually done the math on how much wasted hash there is hopping to all different coins flash mining?

You're the guy who had all his holdings in MNC right?   I have done the math, as I stated above it's about 0.5% efficiency loss over 10 minutes.  Reading comprehension not your thing?   I guess you have a thing for coins who are abandoned by their devs.  If you want to see what a coin with an active developer is doing to combat this issue, check out the luckycoin thread. 

Also you've just admitted it yourself you had some scaling issues. Basically your pool was fucked adam, just admit it. Your great technological advance had flaws. TBH i doubt you're pool at whatever stage when diff hopping will support 3GH of scrypt and i hope if that time comes people realise the amount earned by a pool such as your's is pretty much halved. Scientifically its called the Placebo effect. Its all in your mind bro. I cant wait for you to implement auto conversion to BTC or LTC that way miners can really see how much theyre earning daily and then really see that they're wasting their time and money on a pool with an OP who's all mouth. IF you're right put your money where you mouth is, and either implement the BTC/LTC autoconversion and get real miners from your pool to provide all us with figures or otherwise shut the hell up and get the fuck away from ARG

I guess we'll see.

I'm not going anywhere.  I have yet to hear a rational reason why my pool should stop mining arg.   Your insults don't help to convince me of that either.

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:55:38 AM

so you're telling me you're pool switches coin every 10 mins? and the algo youre pool uses to switch coins is pretty much perfect? yeah right.

And sure we will see. And you need a rational reason, ill provide you with one. Bitcoin and its related crypto-currencies all exist for one reason decentralisation. By having your pool on the network as you said several posts before you have around 50 percent of the network. So to make sure the coin doesnt become far too centralised by you're pool forking the chain or having all the hashrate causing diff related problems for miners, you should leave. Not a good enough reason for you? ill provide another

The coin is dying according to some people. To people like you its a pointless coin if it isnt fixed to absorb flash miners such as your pool, so dont mine it and let its future be decided by its remaining miners. Still not a good enough reason? why not let the community decide? hold a vote for atleast a week perhaps getting it stickied by a mod. On wether multipool should continue mining ARG. the majority votes get to decide, i believe thats a fair enough deal?

Oh and btw, dev's dont make a coin. Its mainly community of supporters which do, something which i see more in ARG than in LKY. just saying

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:00:41 AM

so you're telling me you're pool switches coin every 10 mins? and the algo youre pool uses to switch coins is pretty much perfect? yeah right.

And sure we will see. And you need a rational reason, ill provide you with one. Bitcoin and its related crypto-currencies all exist for one reason decentralisation. By having your pool on the network as you said several posts before you have around 50 percent of the network. So to make sure the coin doesnt become far too centralised by you're pool forking the chain or having all the hashrate causing diff related problems for miners, you should leave. Not a good enough reason for you? ill provide another

The coin is dying according to some people. To people like you its a pointless coin if it isnt fixed to absorb flash miners such as your pool, so dont mine it and let its future be decided by its remaining miners. Still not a good enough reason? why not let the community decide? hold a vote for atleast a week perhaps getting it stickied by a mod. On wether multipool should continue mining ARG. the majority votes get to decide, i believe thats a fair enough deal?

Oh and btw, dev's dont make a coin. Its mainly community of supporters which do, something which i see more in ARG than in LKY. just saying

If I remove ARG, whoever has the other 400MH will have over 90% of the hashrate.  My pool being on ARG during low difficulty periods keeps the coin more decentralized than if we weren't there.

The coin probably is dying, however there are still periods when it's profitable to mine, and people are going to mine it during those periods.  You are basically asking us to just let you have the coins rather than mining them.  That's not a rational reason, it's begging.

And if the community makes the coin, the community should fix the coin if the Dev doesn't want to.

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:09:55 AM

for starters you're graphs are incorrect. and as i said let the community decided thats not be begging thats democracy as simple as that. Now if youd be willing to get your head out of your ass and actually see the results when its closed then we can discuss it

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:13:39 AM

for starters you're graphs are incorrect. and as i said let the community decided thats not be begging thats democracy as simple as that. Now if youd be willing to get your head out of your ass and actually see the results when its closed then we can discuss it

I don't deal with e-stalkers.

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:14:29 AM

HAHAHAHAHAH fail! now plz go ahead and give us some shit to try and get away from the fact that your pool is killing all the coins

kslavik

Activity: 441

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:17:04 AM

It is not a democracy here (where majority rules over minority). It is a free market where every miner votes with his/her hash power what coin to mine and what pool to use. The coin is public, even if you are able to prevent multipool from mining it, how are you going to prevent hundreds of individual miners from solo mining it during low difficulty times only.

You didn't provide any argument why ARG should exist and you didn't show how it is better than any other Scrypt coin out there. Please do not compare the new crypto-currency to BTC or LTC - it is a different world now where all the hash power out there is just waiting to jump on the new coin if is profitable for the brief moment.

You lost the argument when started insulting the person instead of criticizing ideas or concepts. Don't blame the player, blame the game - in this case rules set by coin designers/creators. Multipool does operate within parameters set by the coin. If you do not like how it operates, let the community/developers change the rules of the coin, but those rules should be universal and apply to everybody equally.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:23:56 AM

never mind, Closed minds wont understand. see for yourself the poll shows itself currently more people want multipool to stop mining ARG than continue im sure that says something. Im not going to reply now except for bump's well see the result at the end of the week

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:30:54 AM

never mind, Closed minds wont understand. see for yourself the poll shows itself currently more people want multipool to stop mining ARG than continue im sure that says something. Im not going to reply now except for bump's well see the result at the end of the week

Thanks for the free publicity!

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:35:28 AM

no worries enjoy!

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:39:45 AM

Well, the best way to calculate it is just to see how many blocks were mined by multipool:

From block 56250 to block 56500 (those are 250 lower difficulty blocks), there were 160 blocks mined by multipool, which means multipool had 160/250*100 = 64% of the network

It would be really easy to test, take ARG out of the multipool.in rotation for a day or so until ARG is low diff, and see what the rest of the Coinchoose pool hoppers get the net hash up to, and see what the diff rate ends up at. Last two times it's ended up around 1.27

coinstopper

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:08:02 AM

I can confirm seeing at least 150MH or so on epools when diff is low. There are definitely other large entities mining ARG, stopping multipoool really won't do much except in the low beats you'll get your coins twice as fast which will still be very unprofitable. It's not enough of a difference to sway anyone's decision.

Not sure why ARG has been the "example" coin out of all of this. I would re-iterate, if anything the fact that ARG can withstand such large diff swings is a real testament to the design of the coin!

Flound is just doing his pool justice, that is his JOB, he's not trying to destroy any coin in the process. If anything, slowing the rate of mining as he's done is making the current share of ARG worth more. Nobody is using ARG in time sensitive transactions so there's no real harm, and from what we've seen so far the block chain will never stall like CNC.

I would suggest though, Flound, maybe you would open up ARG and charge a mandatory fee instead of trying to get a bounty. Most of the premine has been accounted for and i think any remainder would just stand to top up the digibank of baritus.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:30:25 PM

Network hash rate is currently: 6.48 MH/s  Undecided
killdemon

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:14:30 PM

Network hash rate is currently: 6.48 MH/s  Undecided
You should thanks to flound1129  and multipool for that.

erundook

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:29:43 PM

please read a note about arg.epools.org: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=257933

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: