Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:28:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ARG] Argentum | Fast. Optimized. Unique Innovation. | 0% Orphans  (Read 55732 times)
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 09:00:56 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 09:32:55 PM by erk

I can confirm seeing at least 150MH or so on epools when diff is low. There are definitely other large entities mining ARG, stopping multipoool really won't do much except in the low beats you'll get your coins twice as fast which will still be very unprofitable. It's not enough of a difference to sway anyone's decision.

Not sure why ARG has been the "example" coin out of all of this. I would re-iterate, if anything the fact that ARG can withstand such large diff swings is a real testament to the design of the coin!

Flound is just doing his pool justice, that is his JOB, he's not trying to destroy any coin in the process. If anything, slowing the rate of mining as he's done is making the current share of ARG worth more. Nobody is using ARG in time sensitive transactions so there's no real harm, and from what we've seen so far the block chain will never stall like CNC.

I would suggest though, Flound, maybe you would open up ARG and charge a mandatory fee instead of trying to get a bounty. Most of the premine has been accounted for and i think any remainder would just stand to top up the digibank of baritus.

Nonsense, I am often the only one mining epools and it's below 1MH/s  on high diff, the highest I have seen it was 78MH/s on low diff, and that occurred many minutes after muiltipool has already hopped to ARG. Individual miners hopping from Coinchoose are seldom as fast as a whole pool hopping.

I don't know if I most ARG miners would call loosing 4,000 blocks per day "withstanding a large diff swing", I certainly don't. and that's why many ARG miners are angry. arg.epools.org hasn't found a block in over 12hours, and probably wont before the next diff swing, so the two miners on there will have wasted about 12hours or more of electricity yet we represent about 6% of the global net hash so without us the diff would stay high for hours longer.

btw http://arg.scryptmining.com has way more than 70% of the ARG net hash currently, a couple of people from there should swing over to one of the other pools to balance it out a bit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinstopper

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 12:46:02 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2013, 01:02:01 AM by coinstopper

Individual miners hopping from Coinchoose are seldom as fast as a whole pool hopping.
You understand multipool isn't the only way to go about it right? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172121.0

I don't know if I most ARG miners would call loosing 4,000 blocks per day "withstanding a large diff swing", I certainly don't
I agree, it's far from an ideal situation, it is preferable to a situation like CNC however.

Somehow the base hashrate needs to be pushed up. There are just too many coins and not enough miners. Slowly coins will die off, my bet is on ARG being around a lot longer than most of the other coins due to its careful selection of parameters.
baritus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:53:05 AM

Hash rate increasing and stabilizing and the price is rising. Let's keep this going! Tomorrow I will make a new Argentum dev thread that I'll keep updated with services.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:55:57 AM

Hash rate increasing and stabilizing and the price is rising. Let's keep this going! Tomorrow I will make a new Argentum dev thread that I'll keep updated with services.

Yep Arg took a really nice move up in value today. Nice to see. Cheers for the update!  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
david64

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:58:27 AM

I pumped ARG today. Now supporting. Let's see someone else thrash at those sells.
baritus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:07:39 AM

I pumped ARG today. Now supporting. Let's see someone else thrash at those sells.

It would be easier if they weren't removed..

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
Xmansk

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

This multipool bastard is really starting to piss me off. He is playing with my money and that's not funny anymore. If there is someone with experience performing DDoS, please contact me in private message.

BTC: 13VR6e4XaGGhwq6LMGuFYdQWM5FwVqKSDY
LTC: LWyrhxuxJk8rVnGaUP98xPhVg445Qka1qr
DGC: DNgv3ZYpCwQR8spfgwANc8vAExq7danf7W
erk

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:46:28 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2013, 09:19:23 PM by erk

This multipool bastard is really starting to piss me off. He is playing with my money and that's not funny anymore. If there is someone with experience performing DDoS, please contact me in private message.

Lol, no need to go that far. Just don't use the pool, there are other ways of pool hopping where you can fine tune the coins your interested in.

A better way to thwart the pool hoppers is to sell some ARG cheap on Cryptsy just before it's about to go low diff, to drive the profitability down, so the pool hoppers wont mine it, then you get more ARG as a mining reward which you can use to drive the price back up again Smiley

killdemon

Activity: 212

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:54:24 AM

I support you 100%, but there is also alternative solution. They have much lover influence on DGC for example, because nw hash rate is much higher than their 400MH/s. So if we bring ARG network 400+ they will not have so devastating influence like few days backward. We have to support the coin by mining it. ARG is rare coin and it should have great value in the future, so why just sit and cry, let us do something about it. I already throw all my hash power to ARG in order to support coin and great team behind Baritus and other devs.

d2.cc

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 06:56:27 AM

Our Argentum pool is available at https://arg.d2.cc with 0% fee!

Pool Info
  • 0% Fee
  • Rewards at 30 block confirmations.
  • SSL across the entire site.
  • Privacy setting on account details page to hide your username from others
  • Optional donation field in the account details section if you wish to donate a percentage to help with server costs, 1% by default
  • Stratum support

Follow us on twitter @d2mining

If you have any problems with the pool, please submit a ticket at our support help desk.

Our list:

Our pool list is always updated on https://d2.cc

Manual Cash Out is not working. Always getting Invalid captcha! even I placed correct one. When I made some changes in account captcha is accepted.

Hello. I have just verified that manual cashouts are working properly if you enter the correct captcha.

As It is very difficult for me to follow all posts in each individual coin thread, I do strongly urge everyone to put in a ticket via my help desk if they experience issues so I can assist you quickly.

Once upon a time
killdemon

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:18:00 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2013, 07:32:47 AM by killdemon

Our Argentum pool is available at https://arg.d2.cc with 0% fee!

Pool Info
  • 0% Fee
  • Rewards at 30 block confirmations.
  • SSL across the entire site.
  • Privacy setting on account details page to hide your username from others
  • Optional donation field in the account details section if you wish to donate a percentage to help with server costs, 1% by default
  • Stratum support

Follow us on twitter @d2mining

If you have any problems with the pool, please submit a ticket at our support help desk.

Our list:

Our pool list is always updated on https://d2.cc

Manual Cash Out is not working. Always getting Invalid captcha! even I placed correct one. When I made some changes in account captcha is accepted.

Hello. I have just verified that manual cashouts are working properly if you enter the correct captcha.

As It is very difficult for me to follow all posts in each individual coin thread, I do strongly urge everyone to put in a ticket via my help desk if they experience issues so I can assist you quickly.

Have you checked using IE?
Why every founded block on your pool have value 2?
Mining is community driven effort so better for everybody if you place the answers here.

d2.cc

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 07:34:07 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2013, 07:48:54 AM by d2.cc

Have you checked using IE?

No, I haven't checked IE.

Why every founded block on your pool have value 2?

That is a problem that I wish would have been pointed out sooner... Thanks for mentioning that.

The issue has been resolved. Please give me an ARG address via PM and I will send you some for bringing this to my attention.

Once upon a time
Xmansk

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:47:42 AM

I support you 100%, but there is also alternative solution. They have much lover influence on DGC for example, because nw hash rate is much higher than their 400MH/s. So if we bring ARG network 400+ they will not have so devastating influence like few days backward. We have to support the coin by mining it. ARG is rare coin and it should have great value in the future, so why just sit and cry, let us do something about it. I already throw all my hash power to ARG in order to support coin and great team behind Baritus and other devs.

I want to do something about it. I am mining DGC from beginning with occasional switching to ARG, becasuse i trust in both coins. But i can't even reasonably mine. Mining ARG at diff so high, can't even cover my expenses. Then this guy, raiding this coin, makes most miners just leave mining ARG which leaves network hashrate at 7MH/s. Then after diff adjustment raid again... This scenario repeats few times...The real damage is that many of the miners won't get back. Many of them do not have time or nerves to check every diff adjustment if network was left fucked up after bastards raid or if its at least for a bit worth mining. Its ok if network hashrate suddenly rises 10,20, 100 times and then drops, but not periodicaly. Personally i consider this an attack, because there is no concern from attacker if it is harmful for coin. He simply does not care. Luckily I have no problem put myself to the same moral level as an attacker and attack back with same or worse, when i see that he does not care.

killdemon

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:51:11 AM

I want to do something about it. I am mining DGC from beginning with occasional switching to ARG, becasuse i trust in both coins. But i can't even reasonably mine. Mining ARG at diff so high, can't even cover my expenses. Then this guy, raiding this coin, makes most miners just leave mining ARG which leaves network hashrate at 7MH/s. Then after diff adjustment raid again... This scenario repeats few times...The real damage is that many of the miners won't get back. Many of them do not have time or nerves to check every diff adjustment if network was left fucked up after bastards raid or if its at least for a bit worth mining. Its ok if network hashrate suddenly rises 10,20, 100 times and then drops, but not periodicaly. Personally i consider this an attack, because there is no concern from attacker if it is harmful for coin. He simply does not care. Luckily I have no problem put myself to the same moral level as an attacker and attack back with same or worse, when i see that he does not care.

They are again raiding ARG nw!!!We have to stop it somehow. What is worse this multipool guy just do not care!!!

killdemon

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:01:16 AM

We can join ARG mining at http://arg.epools.org. For now it is only pool who can raise above multipool hash rate.
I am against this kind of things but this have to be stopped immediately.

Xmansk

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:05:05 AM

Lets see the havoc in which ARG will be left in approx 10 minutes

killdemon

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:11:05 AM

Agree.
This is just a proof that ARG should get more support from miners. It is not just a pump and dump coin.
Havoc result is difficulty 1.4974 in no time.
Everything happened so fast - multipool did not even get to their full capacity. What a brain-dead guy.

erk

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:14:30 AM

Current difficulty    1.49739524
Xmansk

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:17:51 AM

Agree.
This is just a proof that ARG should get more support from miners. It is not just a pump and dump coin.

Leaving network at this disproportionately diff isn't motivating for miners.

killdemon

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:22:10 AM

Agree.

Leaving network at this disproportionately diff isn't motivating for miners.

You are right. I will continue to support ARG with half of my hash power whatever difficulty is. Hopefully and others will do the same.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: