Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:58:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Separate Local Board  (Read 1508 times)
BSAlex

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:34:21 PM

I will not beleive that we have nation-based hate issue in cryptocommunity until I'll have a proof.
But I prefer to get hard proof that there is no such issue.
Hey, board managment, please let us know what's going on.

More than 10 days passed since your message. No information. That's not proof, but..
It seems to me that Russians deny your right to have own state so why do you wonder they deny your right to have a separate board?

What if an Ukrainian board was created then the country get annexed by mother Russia, the board will be removed or will be annexed to the Russian local sub?
Ehm, I am not Russian, just trying to go along with your reasoning Tongue
All you need to do to get your local board is by being active and keep posting, being less active because having one topic isn't an excuse imo.
Hope you get your wishes soon even if this action will upset the mother land Roll Eyes
Good luck

BTW, hey theymos, can't we regroup close languages (that aren't yet qualified for having their own local board) in one local board such as slavic (Belarusian, Ukrainian, Sorbian... /except Russian) where they will find subsections to post on it?

Many issues are country-specific. I think few people in Belarus or Serbia can be interested in Ukrainian legal innovations or stuff like that and vice versa. So really I do not beleive it's a good option to go.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3168

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 11:12:47 PM

I guess in Ukrainian topic is also mess like on Serbian. It is two most active topics in other language section
I started the discussion month ago about Serbian local board here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3013762.0 but still have no any reaction from the forum administrator.
I hope we'll get it soon

---

Many issues are country-specific. I think few people in Belarus or Serbia can be interested in Ukrainian legal innovations or stuff like that and vice versa. So really I do not beleive it's a good option to go.

You can not know until you try. is not it?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 01:31:58 AM

The OP cited the Arabic which is relatively recent sub and the Hebrew an old sub. These two subs aren't for a specific country obviously. Their users are from many countries and all over the world. So they cannot really talk about a country specific issue.

My proposition which will likely not happens, has a major advantage which is subs, you can post in the altcoins sub for example
First topic : [ANN][SHITCOIN][UA] bla bla bla !
Second topic : [ANN][SHITTOKEN][RS] bla bla bla !
Then once you have too many topics, you can request your local mod to ask admins for a proper local board.

I just gave a proposition and It is up to admins to decide Wink

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Flodner

Activity: 1946
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 06:22:20 AM

My proposition which will likely not happens, has a major advantage which is subs, you can post in the altcoins sub for example
Then once you have too many topics, you can request your local mod to ask admins for a proper local board.

First of all thanks for commenting here!
I hope Theymos or whoever can decided this question, will notice this thread and will leave reply at least.
The point is that in Ukraine blockchain and cryptocurrency area is so developed, so we have now every day some crypto-event.
Two blockchain hubs were opened recently!
Even this only reason I think might be enough to make the board.
And in our local thread, yes we are active.

Do you think postings in Altcoins sub like you suggested won't be deleted?

InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 12:12:15 PM

First of all thanks for commenting here!
I hope Theymos or whoever can decided this question, will notice this thread and will leave reply at least.
The point is that in Ukraine blockchain and cryptocurrency area is so developed, so we have now every day some crypto-event.
Two blockchain hubs were opened recently!
Even this only reason I think might be enough to make the board.
And in our local thread, yes we are active.

Do you think postings in Altcoins sub like you suggested won't be deleted?

No, I mean altcoins (or other) sub under local board.
For example : Ukrainian/altcoins, or slavic/off-topic.
Having a local board will allow everyone to post freely in their language and pass restrictions. Of course if someone will post in his local language in the altcoins (English) section, his topic will be deleted and will receive a warning..
Sorry for not being clear.
Good luck

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Flodner

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 01:14:06 PM

No, I mean altcoins (or other) sub under local board.
For example : Ukrainian/altcoins, or slavic/off-topic.
Having a local board will allow everyone to post freely in their language and pass restrictions. Of course if someone will post in his local language in the altcoins (English) section, his topic will be deleted and will receive a warning..
Sorry for not being clear.
Good luck

Yes, this in one more reason why Ukrainian board is necessary.
But for me it's not the most important case. If somebody followes crypto, blockchain trends he or she should see that this are is very advanced and popular in Ukraine.
At the same time not everyone is fluent in English.
Having local board will attract more members and more communication, therefore it will be good for Bitcointalk

May be you can be so kind to PM some of the moderators?
You are Legendary and it seems you are not from Ukraine, so this will make your opinion sound better

Thanks!

Apple4myCat

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:24:35 PM

Good day!
 I have many friends who are interested in crypto currency. But they are bad English and Russian speakers. Now there are few sources in the Ukrainian language about the crypto currency. And I would like that this forum became a source of reliable information for Ukrainian speakers. Now the branch of the form is similar to a black hole. This will reduce the number of deceived investors.
 I ask the moderators to pay attention to the request
 Thank you!
Coffee_Lover

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:42:07 PM

Hello from Ukraine  Smiley.

Few days ago I sent this message to Cyrus, probably he has a lot of work for a response.

Wanna ask in this thread about Ukrainian separate board.

Yeah, for now our thread isn't very active, most people are yelling about separate board.

But if you look at لعربية (Arabic), עברית (Hebrew) or 한국어 (Korean) boards, there also not so active as others, but still, they have separate board.

I do not wrote this post with claims or demands, I just wanna to understand the policy of the forum.

Thanks!  Smiley
Everybody deserves to have theie own separate forum. I think the others, the other forums you mentioned where active before and have been inactive for quite sometime. O dont know there reasons though. I do hope you will havw your own. Just be patient and keep on asking the admins.

❍ soy coin ❍
❱❱UNIQUE BLOCKCHAIN CROWDSALE❰❰
FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (http://www.soy-coin.com/eng)
gslgroup

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:04:10 AM

Separate Local Board in Ukrainian language is really good idea. I am sure it will help to develop Ukrainian crypto community and boost discussions of county/region specific topics.
Danstan

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:53:40 AM

Well, I think the admin are just waiting for a formal request to open a certain local board separately for one country, since in my thoughts randomly creating all countries local board is not a good idea.

If you want to formally request open a separate board for your fellow country man, keep on mind that you need a moderator from your country, can you suggest someone who can become one?  Looking for a qualified person will be difficult ifnthe admin will track all the members here.
BSAlex

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:56:27 PM

Well, I think the admin are just waiting for a formal request to open a certain local board separately for one country, since in my thoughts randomly creating all countries local board is not a good idea.

If you want to formally request open a separate board for your fellow country man, keep on mind that you need a moderator from your country, can you suggest someone who can become one?  Looking for a qualified person will be difficult ifnthe admin will track all the members here.

We do have a lot of people who know a lot about crypto and will be ready to moderate a local board.
If it will be required I can do moderation of local board as for now.
It's a pity but we still have no info from bitcointalk admins what is needed or what criteria should be met to create a local board.
steemium

Activity: 193
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:24:52 PM

Guys so you see how much time passed since my last post and still no answer
I don't say that admins are puppets of Russia (ooops, I hope I won't be punished for this) but all the situation is very strange!
Flodner

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 06:33:57 PM

Too bad that so much time passed since the creation of this thread - but no attention from mods, no replies..

BSAlex

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:10:52 PM

May be we need to report the thread to moderators to get any attention?
coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 01:39:42 PM

I support this as I know that nowadays many Ukrainians refuse to speak Russian. I've been to Lviv and used English as the language of communication even though people know Russian. And I understand them, when the neighbor country takes a part of your land, the first thing you want to do is to stop speaking your enemy's thong. 45 million lives in Ukraine and bitcoin is quite a big thing there. They have a very popular Forklog news channel which I read every day.

TheFuzzStone (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1442

thefuzzstone.github.io

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 02:00:34 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 02:12:58 PM by TheFuzzStone

I support this as I know that nowadays many Ukrainians refuse to speak Russian

I'm not refuse to speak Russian. I have many friends from Russia, and separate local board isn't some political movement. I don't give a shit about politics.

But we could make some manuals for newbies in Ukrainian language about Bitocin/Altcoins wallets, Ukrainian exchanges (how and where buy crypto for fiat, how do withdrawals and etc.

Post some news in Ukrainian language (using an example like in English press-board), communicate on different things relating to Ukrainian crypto-world (like exchanges, different legal issues, merchants, etc.)

Yeah, I know that administration of the forum need some trusted people for moderation and I do not put forward my candidacy.

EDIT.

For now we are #2 by replies and #3 by views. Previous our thread was useful, we had some conversations, but for now thread is full of bounty-messages. Also it's not comfortable to post all in one thread.

For example, I made a manual for newbies about Electrum and Multisig (in Russian language), if I post this manual into our thread, after few days of bounty-messages that manual will be "lost".

coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 03:48:05 PM

Yeah, you're right, bitcoin and blockchain are beyond politics. I don't care either, just expressing what I noticed visiting the western part of Ukraine.

mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:19:32 PM

Just a thought only. Why not you guys create a pool in your local section and then invite all the local users to vote there. Then submit it to theymos.
This way the admins will have a good understanding of numbers. I see a lot of support on this thread.

PS: I am not an Ukrainian however I believe in the whole world as a country. For good cause I have support from all circumstances.  

ImageLoading...
Click here if unable to see image

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Flodner

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 10:10:47 PM

Yeah, you're right, bitcoin and blockchain are beyond politics. I don't care either, just expressing what I noticed visiting the western part of Ukraine.

Some people don't care about politics, some care. But in this question of local board everyone is united.
And we need to get at least an answer..
I think we don't have local board either because of laziness or because of politics..

Recently we had iForum in Kyiv - you can check short video from it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAZPPWK-XwM&t

12 000 IT people came there! Separate #Blockchain stream was with many interesting speakers.

Next day we had Blockchain Kyiv summit.. may be 1000 attendants.. and we have lots of such big events.

Many countries don't have such big cryptocurrency community and industry, but have local board.

Anyway it seems mods are waiting for Satoshi Nakamoto and his word.

BSAlex

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:01:52 AM

Anyway it seems mods are waiting for Satoshi Nakamoto and his word.

Satoshi will come, Satoshi will help!
Long live Satoshi!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: