Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:06:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold Coin (GLC) Info Thread - The Gold Standard of Digital Currency [NEW THREAD]  (Read 59413 times)
akumaburn

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

The Gold Standard of Digital Currency.

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:04:21 PM

Lets not forget the *cough*artificial*cough* dumping as well  Wink

We haven't pumped the coin for a while, what you are seeing currently is natural buy support not our doing.

Take heed people, keep your heads cool. We aren't idle here Smiley

(I've been working for almost 3 days straight, so believe me we are trying our best and are in fact on schedule)
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:29:06 PM

Hello whats up with the founder of GLD ? He was kicked by you ? Whats up with the future of GLD ?

Great question!  Grin

The last dev sold us the GLD domain for 1BTC because he did not have enough time to work on the project. He was not "kicked".

Then he was paid another 1BTC under the alias of Hyoshi for doing dev work for the community. Of course at the time we did not know that these two people were in fact a single individual using (at minimum) triple identities. Basically he was getting paid left and right while operating under different assumed names. Then while using this Hyoshi alias (he's also apparently thekidcoin) he again indicated in a public post that he didn't have time to to work on the project:

https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=63.msg923#msg923

It was after that statement that we realized for sure we needed to secure additional developers if we wanted a stable and reliable team. The good news is I now believe to know the real life identity of this individual who is being sought by other interested parties. I am currently refusing to participate in the prosecution of this individual but must admit my patience is wearing thin.

We have now assembled a solid reliable dev team of three professionals led my akumaburn and will be releasing a fork soon. The fork will fix several bugs including the litecoin alert, the client sync issue, and the coin generation bug. The fix will also reduce annual coin output and cap supply.

You can read more about the upcoming update here: https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=157.0

Rest assured we are working day and night for the betterment of this coin. Thank you and I hope this helps answer your questions.

You can't prosecute someone, for not using their own name on the interwebz. And Interpol would laugh their asses off, if you try to tell them, this guy scammed you out of imaginary internet money. You may as well tell them, someone scammed you in Undercity, for 1000 WoW Gold, or, someone in Icecrown, needed, when they should have greeded.. Man you are an idiot. And hunting down someone's real life identity, over your fail coin, is pretty psychotic. Get a fucking life.

And seriously? Your going to lower block reward? So, you guys got your millions of coins a piece, and now you plan on making it harder for new comers, to mine coins? Great idea, that won't kill any microscopic chance your coin had of succeeding Roll Eyes

Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:37:20 PM

It sure has fallen to the floor... But I am sure it will recover quickly, like always.. Great time to buy cheap!

It will recover on the long term.   
Sorry buddy, but when I dump my 3 million coins, it will drive the price to .000000001 LTC

Even if you had 3million why would you dump at this price! You would just lose money that way... Or you want to see this coin suffer, which is maybe priceless for you?

He premined these 3 million coins...He didn't buy them...How exactly is he losing money? Ofcourse he wants to see GLD suffer. He, like 99.9% of the people in this community, can't stand MicroGuy.

Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:44:53 PM

We haven't pumped the coin for a while, what you are seeing currently is natural buy support not our doing.

(I've been working for almost 3 days straight, so believe me we are trying our best and are in fact on schedule)

There's no such thing as artificial dumping, moron.

MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 11:53:54 PM

Thanks for all the hard work you're doing. The updated client you sent is looking and running great!
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:24:34 AM

Thanks for all the hard work you're doing. The updated client you sent is looking and running great!

Oh wait, that's right, you have me on ignore, like a fucking pussy Roll Eyes

MstCoin

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:26:55 AM

Hello whats up with the founder of GLD ? He was kicked by you ? Whats up with the future of GLD ?

Great question!  Grin

The last dev sold us the GLD domain for 1BTC because he did not have enough time to work on the project. He was not "kicked".

http://www.gldtalk.org/img/gldcoin.png

Then he was paid another 1BTC under the alias of Hyoshi for doing dev work for the community. Of course at the time we did not know that these two people were in fact a single individual using (at minimum) triple identities. Basically he was getting paid left and right while operating under different assumed names. Then while using this Hyoshi alias (he's also apparently thekidcoin) he again indicated in a public post that he didn't have time to to work on the project:

It was after that statement that we realized for sure we needed to secure additional developers if we wanted a stable and reliable team. The good news is I now believe to know the real life identity of this individual who is being sought by other interested parties. I am currently refusing to participate in the prosecution of this individual but must admit my patience is wearing thin.

We have now assembled a solid reliable dev team of three professionals led my akumaburn and will be releasing a fork soon. The fork will fix several bugs including the litecoin alert, the client sync issue, and the coin generation bug. The fix will also reduce annual coin output and cap supply.

You can read more about the upcoming update here: https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=157.0

Rest assured we are working day and night for the betterment of this coin. Thank you and I hope this helps answer your questions.

You can't prosecute someone, for not using their own name on the interwebz. And Interpol would laugh their asses off, if you try to tell them, this guy scammed you out of imaginary internet money. You may as well tell them, someone scammed you in Undercity, for 1000 WoW Gold, or, someone in Icecrown, needed, when they should have greeded.. Man you are an idiot. And hunting down someone's real life identity, over your fail coin, is pretty psychotic. Get a fucking life.

And seriously? Your going to lower block reward? So, you guys got your millions of coins a piece, and now you plan on making it harder for new comers, to mine coins? Great idea, that won't kill any microscopic chance your coin had of succeeding Roll Eyes

Hydro asked me to quote these, so MicroGuy can see them. I have to agree, although he's a little more rude than me lol
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:46:37 AM

all unwanted GLD coins to this address

E964RVsemr3KxtKpzwCBRfNSxzhoqhuhCU

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
akumaburn

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:49:05 AM

Great question!  Grin

Hydro asked me to quote these, so MicroGuy can see them. I have to agree, although he's a little more rude than me lol

Don't act as a mouthpiece for him. He spews more garbage on a daily basis than a Scientology preacher.

Honestly,

Just check his assertions and you'll find them to be false,

1. We never claimed we'd be prosecuting anyone - He says "You can't prosecute someone, for not using their own name on the interwebz. And Interpol would laugh their asses off..."

Someone actually contacted MicroGuy wanting to prosecute hyoshi(aka gldcoin) and MicroGuy REFUSED.

2. We never specified exactly how much we were going to lower the block reward by, so it's impossible for him to make such a claim with any degree of accuracy - He says
"our going to lower block reward? So, you guys got your millions of coins a piece, and now you plan on making it harder for new comers, to mine coins? Great idea"

Being the lead developer I know that the block reward reduction won't hurt new miners at all  Cool

You think you can prosecute me for what?  Releasing a coin?  Using more than one identity to release coins?  LMAO.  I didn't take a dime from anyone except the BTC microguy gave me for the domain, and for forking the blockchain.
I can do whatever I want.  i can badmouth your coin.  I am release a new coin.  I can dump all my coins.  You can do jack shit about that.
Just worry about your coin.  Maybe you can make something out of it and make me rich - who knows.
When people start talking about prosecuting someone who has done nothing to anyone, you really sound desperate, and you really sound stupid.

1. Same thing, we never claimed we'd be prosecuting anyone.
2. gldcoin == hyoshi, gldcoin was the original developer of both Nibble and GLDCoin (probably a lot more from what I can tell)
3. Dump all your coins already if you want, we don't care, it won't affect our long term plan in the slightest.
4. Release whatever coin you want, just stop spamming our thread. You are no longer an official developer and you are no longer in charge of the coin's management. That is being handled by the community now. The community just happens to be managed by MicroGuy. He does not dictate anything, we discuss and agree collectively.

If anyone is reading this thread and wonders if there is any truth to what these two say, let me say from first hand experience that their claims are 99.99% pure garbage.
Just read their posts on the forum if you are unsure.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:37:32 AM

The community just happens to be managed by MicroGuy. He does not dictate anything, we discuss and agree collectively.

I'm calling bs right there, I was a big supporter of gldcoin, I questioned Microguy just once (about artifically pumping up the price on cryptsy) and I was banned from the forum, my IP was blocked!

akumaburn

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:41:37 AM

The community just happens to be managed by MicroGuy. He does not dictate anything, we discuss and agree collectively.

I'm calling bs right there, I was a big supporter of gldcoin, I questioned Microguy just once (about artifically pumping up the price on cryptsy) and I was banned from the forum, my IP was blocked!

I'll check it for you, but as far as I know we only block tor proxies and a few known spammers. You aren't explicitly mentioned anywhere in the list.

What is your IP address?
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:21:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNf23PhJZUE

dam now thats your scam microguy, lower the difficulty to mine millions, drive the price down on cryptsy to bag a heap then sell them to the unsuspecting public for several times the cryptsy price for cash via paypal?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 08:56:43 AM

He dictates a lot.
lol @trying to prosecute gldcoin, surely "someone" randomly called you to try that.

dam now thats your scam microguy, lower the difficulty to mine millions, drive the price down on cryptsy to bag a heap then sell them to the unsuspecting public for several times the cryptsy price for cash via paypal?
At the current price it's 1.4LTC on cryptsy..

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:12:38 AM

He dictates a lot.
lol @trying to prosecute gldcoin, surely "someone" randomly called you to try that.

At the current price it's 1.4LTC on cryptsy..

yes and which at the current ltc USD peak is $4.20, and he's doing a "special" introductory price of $10 Sad

especially when u guys lowered the difficulty to mine millions easily, and can buy up on crypsty for less the half this, and the youtube public has no idea of gldcoins value except microguys youtube claim of turning the $10 introductory offer into $10000.......scam? surely not?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 09:14:39 AM

Well now they've started scaming people on youtube..

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:51:59 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2013, 11:04:23 AM by Hydroponica

Kelsey, and LaudeM, both, at one time, huge GLD supporters. If they set down the KoolAid, you gotta wonder why...

He spews more garbage on a daily basis than a Scientology preacher.

Oh yeah. Drink some more koolaid, loser Roll Eyes

BlazinBeaches

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 11:35:52 AM

pool down?
Miki77

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:02:12 PM

Which pool?
akumaburn

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:33:09 PM

You do realize the difficulty is calculated using an algorithm right?
We can't lower or raise the difficulty at will.
There's nothing wrong with selling at a premium, not everyone has a way to get money into Cryptsy.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:37:44 PM

You do realize the difficulty is calculated using an algorithm right?
We can't lower or raise the difficulty at will.
There's nothing wrong with selling at a premium, not everyone has a way to get money into Cryptsy.

yes we know u hardforked it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: