Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:53:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is everyone doing with their Bitcoin Gold?  (Read 990 times)
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:54:33 AM

All the smart people dumped the coin when it was at $500 and rebought it if they wanted it, but other than that some are holding, hoping that it can reach the highs bitcoin cash reached.

Campaign Manager (2018)
okissabam

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:15:21 AM

Most of the people I know who received Bitcoin Gold from the fork sold all of their free coins because they mostly said it would be another pump and dump altcoin. I sold mine as well when I got it through Hitbtc.
gabecolors

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:05:05 AM

Going to let it go and utilize the cash for other good altcoin opportunities.
Should we just expect a massive sell off of Bitcoin Gold?
gabecolors

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:06:29 AM

All the smart people dumped the coin when it was at $500 and rebought it if they wanted it, but other than that some are holding, hoping that it can reach the highs bitcoin cash reached.
I'd love to know how much money was made by the folks who made the fork happen!
CryptoLD

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:13:53 AM

There are so many suspicious things about this BTG, I can't even understand of they can pretend to be a fork of BTC.
Everybody will sell as soon as they release the wallet, if they ever do...
moala

Activity: 96

Moirai ICO starts on 10/11/2017

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:30:46 AM

I keep my BTC at blockchain.info. I am not sure whether they will give out BTG

tdrinker

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:32:04 AM

As soon as I get my bitcoin gold I will be dumping it for as much as I can get which I suspect won't be much at all, I see no future for it and would be happy if I can get even 0.01 BTC.

lincolnmad

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:41:51 AM

Hodl? Ha ha.
Seriously, I heard you can't really transfer it until Nov 1 and the value is sort undetermined?
Can I trade mine for some other alt-coins?

Holding of course but not much, bitcoin gold price is really low right now luckly i'm directly sell it before it fall. Actually you still can transfer your coins right now.

I keep my BTC at blockchain.info. I am not sure whether they will give out BTG

Blockchain.info is supporting this bitcoin gold fork, i think you will see your bitcoin gold balance soon.
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:43:39 AM

I've not been able to get my bitcoingold from my private key yet. The rest I got from exchanges are already traded for bitcoins and some low values are ignored.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:47:30 AM

I will sell it, the price is not fascinating at all and keep on dropping every day, not single people interested in this coin, all of the cover was negative news and people just dump it to get free money, not long the coin will lost its value
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:49:55 AM

The value is seriously down now, so am thinking of selling the small quantity off and buy an altcoin that seems promising.

RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:00:52 PM

Hodl? Ha ha.
Seriously, I heard you can't really transfer it until Nov 1 and the value is sort undetermined?
Can I trade mine for some other alt-coins?

you always have to plan ahead for these things.  do a risk assessment and see if the reward is enough to even bother thinking about different methods of claiming these airdrops.

for example so far i have only participated in a handful of airdrops so far simply because the rest of them are too time consuming and i prefer using my time more constructively.

as for bitcoin gold the way to claim it was to deposit your coins on exchanges. i used Yobit for that matter. the risks were obvious for me so i did it with a small amount of my stash, you know because it was Yobit and they are shady as hell. but the reward was good since the price of BTG went to the moon in the first couple of hours but i had to keep my bitcoins there for a couple of days since they disabled their withdrawals.

now you will have to wait until the release. good news is that by that time the price may have another pump which may even be as big as the first one (0.19BTC)

Buying the dip...
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:00:34 PM

I don't think bitcoin gold will ever be taken seriously. The choices really are either sell immediately, or else wait for a pump. I assume it will attract a major pump at some point just because of the publicity around it.
bro83

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:01:13 PM

I don't think bitcoin gold will ever be taken seriously. The choices really are either sell immediately, or else wait for a pump. I assume it will attract a major pump at some point just because of the publicity around it.

Yeah it seemed pretty disorganised at launch. Not a great start.
Daku.Tamo

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:15:08 PM

I don't know, but there will certainly be a dump in the beginning when everybody wants to cash out. Then will start the usual pump & dump game and it´s up to the miners to follow this chain; we will see.
blozo

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 01:20:26 PM

Coin seems useless, bad team and unclear roadmap. As soon as they will be able to mine one block and Ledger will made the BTG available I will send them to an exchange and sell it.

Hopefully the team will release soon some updates and maybe it will keep the 0.02/0.03 BTC value

digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:25:20 PM

I'm looking to invest my BTG's in ICO's.  It's basically playing with house money, might as well try going for the moon. 

Probably do the same once the hard fork hits!  My goal is to triple my gains by end of year Wink

If anyone has suggestions, let me know!

I was thinking the same, to invest my bitcoingold into ICO's, I haven't gotten my bitcoingold still but I am waiting on it, Bittrex is doubting about the damn coin, if I get it  I just invest it in some good ICO's, my goal is to at least double my money by end of the year, I am happy with that, trippeling my money happens in 2018, I hope the good altcoins will be on fire and giving us those nice chunks of bitcoin.

gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:30:45 PM

I am waiting for the price of bitcoin gold BTG on exchangers, if the price has potential for more growth up i will hold it, but if the price will goes down i will sell all of them, every my desicions must be based on the analysis technical unfortunately for right now i don't have any data related with price of bitcoin gold and i don't want make speculation about the bitcoin gold now, the chance of mistake is more big without any data.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:34:27 PM

Smart people are dumping like crazy lol. And i am one of them. There is no future for bitcoingold and i am happy that i dumped them all.
I suggest all of you to do same.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:56:02 PM

I have not done anything with mine. I am SO glad I did not sell my huge bags of alts just to get BTC for the free coins. I would never have got them transferred in time to exchanges, by the time I did, I would have sold for perhaps 4% of BTC price at best? On the other hands, my alts have recovered more than that value, and I did not have to face the hassle.

I still have about 100,000 BTG waiting to be moved. That is something like 3xxx satoshi now,,,

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀