Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:42:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone think most Google products are spying on them?  (Read 530 times)
BlitzPredict (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:13:04 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2017, 09:51:53 PM by BlitzPredict

This may be an irrational fear, but every time I open a Chrome browser, or adjust my Chromecast settings, I get this uneasy feeling like I'm being spied on.

Anyone else get that with Google products?  Is there a help group for this?
Neurolicious

Activity: 309
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:42:02 PM

Chrome indeed spies on you and spams you with ad's.. Get Firefox and Kaspersky
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:43:34 PM

Sure do. I don't care though. Right now that's the price that I am willing to pay for increased convenience. Eventually somebody will come along and offer to pay you money for your data though, and when that time comes Google will play along or die by not giving their customers the choice.
thr3

Activity: 77
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:19:23 PM

You definitely are being spied on. Google probably knows you better than you know yourself. Use duck-duck-go or TOR for secure browsing.
BlitzPredict (OP)

Activity: 118

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:30:26 PM

You definitely are being spied on. Google probably knows you better than you know yourself. Use duck-duck-go or TOR for secure browsing.

Chrome indeed spies on you and spams you with ad's.. Get Firefox and Kaspersky

Posting this from a Firefox browser with ad block pro & Minerblock (for those websites that like to launch a Monero miner in the background, heating up  my poor little MacBook Air)

These days, a TOR circuit should start when you boot your computer. Sad, but that's the reality of things.
MiniMountain

Activity: 624
Merit: 101

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:33:22 AM

I've been yung google products for a long a time but didn't got any problem cos maybe I don't have big amount of money  Grin all of my credential are safe so if this is true someone must take action.

tightbelt

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:40:08 AM

Heck yea I think they spy!  I try to use Duck Duck Go as often as possible
lowlandrise

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:43:38 AM

you'd be crazy if you didn't think google was spying on you.  they're watching every key stroke you make!
High Plains Drifter

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

"The fish rots from the head first"

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:36:02 PM

I'm not too worried about Google, but I tried to restart my computer recently and apparently someone was "sharing" by computer unbeknownst to me.  I had to force a restart. 

Believe in the Shield!
bgdmxd

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Veritas Mining - Sustainable Crypto Mining

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:08:15 PM

I don't use Chrome, and I try to avoid using Google search as much as I can. Unfortunately, I have to use an Android phone, and Gmail as my primary personal email. I'm sure Google still gets plenty of information about me.

chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:27:33 PM

If you have a smart phone (Android, or Apple) every time you download an app, you give consent to give access away to certain aspects you may consider privacy.
   The smarter your computer based gadgets become, the less privacy you will have. Technology is a double edged sword. It's not necessary a bad thing, but privacy is subjective,  so it's up for debate!

hownowbrowncow

Activity: 262

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:47:08 AM

Of course, they are all spying on you. Microsoft is big with spying too, as they log all your actions on Windows 10. Twitter won't let you open an account without soon requesting a phone number...why would Twitter require a phone number, if they didn't want to track you personally.
thr3

Activity: 77
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:31:03 PM

Of course, they are all spying on you. Microsoft is big with spying too, as they log all your actions on Windows 10. Twitter won't let you open an account without soon requesting a phone number...why would Twitter require a phone number, if they didn't want to track you personally.

Microsoft Windows 10 is an abomination. One wrong move and all of microsoft machines with windows 10 could potentially be compromised. I had to personally turn off some of windows10 features but that breaks some dependencies and you know where this is going..

Safest is linux certain distros.....MacOS is the other one.
runner-f

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:49:11 PM

Yes, of course, we are living in the age of data mining and especially google products (chrome/gmail) are the best evidence, but, shit, I`m still using chrome and gmail. (And don't forget win 10 ! Spy Suckers)
SureLockLoans

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:41:03 PM

Almost certainly for marketing purposes Google sort of openly admits this.

Axel8

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:50:53 AM

Google may be spying on you but in reality we're being spied on constantly. I have heard of supermarkets tracking customers movements thru their stores by using nfc tracking. And of course online, every website you go to has some type of tracking cookie. It's amazing how freely we give up our private data. I'm guilty too. Conveniences and utility for privacy is a sacrifice most of us are willing to make. Good, bad or indifferent.
izzymoon

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:48:33 PM

Anyone who doesn't think or realize that they are being watched is just naive.  Every key stroke you make, even the ones that you backup and erase, is being recorded.  That you can bet on. 
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:05:08 PM

Google may be spying on you but in reality we're being spied on constantly. I have heard of supermarkets tracking customers movements thru their stores by using nfc tracking. And of course online, every website you go to has some type of tracking cookie. It's amazing how freely we give up our private data. I'm guilty too. Conveniences and utility for privacy is a sacrifice most of us are willing to make. Good, bad or indifferent.
The blockchain could one day change that though. Projects like Presearch are trying to create a platform that will pay the users of their site the ad revenue that the site creates.

And I'm sure that someone will come along and start paying us for our data as well - if we choose to make it available and sell it.

Once that happens people will either choose to go private or sell their data on a large scale, and single corporations won't use normal people as lifestock any longer.
rcevil

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:38:26 PM

i just assume that they are
BrandonChong37

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:12:33 AM

Lmao no they're the most secure system in the world.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: