Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:12:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If the powerful governments wanted to, do you think they could stop Bitcoin?  (Read 4841 times)
MIZANUR5033

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:18:57 PM

There are some governments in this world who have ban btc at their own country but couldn’t stop that totally because people can know more about bitcoin day by day and they are involving with it and most of them can able to get benefits and profits from it.

It handles by online and if all-powerful government stop it then they will come in the market with a different name what blue whales authority have done. If people doesn’t show their emotion with it only then it could be stopped but it will happen at never and government doesn’t have anything to do if people like and wants it seriously but they have the power to stop it of course but I think it will not be happened.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sparveenat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:36:26 PM

I don't mind that powerful government or powerless government who ever want to ban bitcoin let them ban the fact and the truth is you cannot escape from the growth of bitcoin and the growth of bitcoin is now un stoppable so it is almost impossible to any country to stop bitcoin from accepting it. Till internet is there no will and can ban bitcoin.

Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:43:13 PM

I don't mind that powerful government or powerless government who ever want to ban bitcoin let them ban the fact and the truth is you cannot escape from the growth of bitcoin and the growth of bitcoin is now un stoppable so it is almost impossible to any country to stop bitcoin from accepting it. Till internet is there no will and can ban bitcoin.
Banning would be possible but talking or pertaining on a complete ban isnt really possible which we do know making underground transactions can really be done even no matter how government would prohibited such usage of bitcoin. It can block up the adoption on their vicinity but shutting out completely is not possible as long theres a strong community support there would really be still tx do exist on the network which would really make bitcoin wont easily die.
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:44:17 PM

yes, they can and I think they would do it easy enough, when the time is right.
just hit exchanges and the whole cryptoworld will be killed
so we are very vulnerable, imho

sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:39:02 AM

This is something which I've beleived for awhile, which is the prospect that if big governments and banks worked heavily together they'd be able to remove Bitcoin from the face of the earth. They wouldn't ban it, as that would be a tough thing to swallow for the American people as they wouldn't see a good reason to do that ( at least in my mind here) But they could just go ahead and regulate Bitcoin into oblivion, making it hard for Bitcoin businesses (buying and selling, trading, etc) to operate within their countries, or be subject to insane taxes, KYC AML and such.

Do you think Governments could kill Bitcoin?
No one can easilg demolish bitcoin. Because bitcoin is decentralized and no one knows who are the mastermind or the real managaer of this whole digital money. Maybe the only thing that government can do in this kind of matter is giving some tax to those bounty hunters and holders.
Rony24h7

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:13:29 PM

Government can do anything at their own country but that think must be visible. There are some governments who banned BTC at their country but if people want then it is very hard to stop. Now a days almost 99% of online program processes by blind way.

If people want to refuse it only then it can be stopped but it is growing more popular by the people day after day so it is very tough for any government. But government of course can harder the way to do work with that. If you want to do anything then no one can stop you perfectly, they can just make that way harder.
torch2121

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 03:06:18 AM

For me I think they could not stop Bitcoin. Right from the start Bitcoin is aware that government will stop them because they have no big benefit of Bitcoin. For me Bitcoin is created for anti-corrupt system.

Satry

Activity: 190
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:56:11 AM

This is something which I've beleived for awhile, which is the prospect that if big governments and banks worked heavily together they'd be able to remove Bitcoin from the face of the earth. They wouldn't ban it, as that would be a tough thing to swallow for the American people as they wouldn't see a good reason to do that ( at least in my mind here) But they could just go ahead and regulate Bitcoin into oblivion, making it hard for Bitcoin businesses (buying and selling, trading, etc) to operate within their countries, or be subject to insane taxes, KYC AML and such.

I think, depending on the leader in a country, they have reasons why other country banned bitcoin. Especially governments are not able to tract payments in bitcoin because it become very much difficult for governments to audit transactions and perform their obligations. And the other reasons is to prevent tax frauds and funding illegal activities.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:15:09 AM

the government could stop bitcoin with their power because I am sure that they have hidden power that we don't know and they will use it if they want to stop bitcoin and take over bitcoin. but I don't think that the government wants to do this because right now, I think they realize that bitcoin could give some benefits to them and they will still analyze about bitcoin and if somehow they can find a point that they can enter to bitcoin zone, then they will do this as soon as they can and they will try to control bitcoin although this is impossible to do but who knows.
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:31:17 AM

If the governments could not benefit from bitcoin, then I think they will do everything to ban bitcoin. Governments always wanted percentage from all "business related estanlishments" and money generating products. Bitcoin is not exempted to that because it is always related to money. If Government cannot ban bitcoin, then atleast they could regulate or control it in all ways they wanted.

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:13:28 AM

the government could stop bitcoin with their power because I am sure that they have hidden power that we don't know and they will use it if they want to stop bitcoin and take over bitcoin. but I don't think that the government wants to do this because right now, I think they realize that bitcoin could give some benefits to them and they will still analyze about bitcoin and if somehow they can find a point that they can enter to bitcoin zone, then they will do this as soon as they can and they will try to control bitcoin although this is impossible to do but who knows.

Wel there are people who will do everything and go through extremes to have access to bitcoins even if governments illegalize it. If it's just like today where there are governments who are against and there are governments who support btc, btc can't be stopped. I think the only way here is when every government consolidates their efforts to ban btc. Then we'll have a really big problem

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:25:29 AM

You may have seen the recent market!

The government of India, the government of South Korea and the Chinese government's policy on BTC has almost destroyed the BTC!

If the government really wants to kill BTC, I think it's easy!

Is it possible that the digital encryption currency will change some of the need for government?

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:46:31 PM

Wel there are people who will do everything and go through extremes to have access to bitcoins even if governments illegalize it. If it's just like today where there are governments who are against and there are governments who support btc, btc can't be stopped. I think the only way here is when every government consolidates their efforts to ban btc. Then we'll have a really big problem
That is the only way that bitcoin can get lose in the track is when the government ban bitcoin and for sure the governments is thinking about that as of now because they are seeing huge transfers and migrators from stock market into bitcoin or cryptocurrencies because there is a better chance of profit here compare to the other investment.
Rubble898zaitO

Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:50:49 PM

Yes it is possible but I don't think they are going to do it. With the fast growing Bitcoin community and the thousands of people that experience the changes brought by Bitcoin, even the government themselves know and saw the potential and the big help it can do to people's lives. They may regulate it, at least try to have a bit of control over it but not totally killing it. it's like killing the goose that lays golden eggs.
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:44:43 PM

But we dont have a one world government. Every nation has his own government and own principles. One or more country can destroy bitcoin in their own country but that will only be in their country and not the whole world. The world is so big and it is impossible for bitcoin to be distroyed worldwide since the whole world is not controlled by only one government.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
Flickkk

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

Bounty Detective

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:51:07 PM

It is possible that Government can kill bitcoin someday.
but i think government can only kill it in public. people will still going to find a way to
make bitcoin live while working in shadows.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:15:10 PM

It is possible that Government can kill bitcoin someday.
but i think government can only kill it in public. people will still going to find a way to
make bitcoin live while working in shadows.

Definitely, as we all know that the government can create in their own law and yes it's possible ti kill bitcoin in their particular country. Also, we need money which means even if government trying to stop us we find a waysm ti work in crypto community. As od this moment, many are trying to be part on this forum wishing that they can earn but due to their short patience they can't succeed.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:25:07 PM

Bitcoin existence has gone far and no government can single handedly stop bitcoin except we the bitcoin community. And one other way in which bitcoin can be stop is for the government to stop the use of Internet which I believe is not possible. 
bodikuk

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:26:31 PM

As much as the community likes or wants to believe we're protected from government censorship, it simply isn't true. They could shut down all practical use of BTC if they wanted to.
Apaxy

Activity: 512
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 08:03:21 PM

Bitcoin existence has gone far and no government can single handedly stop bitcoin except we the bitcoin community. And one other way in which bitcoin can be stop is for the government to stop the use of Internet which I believe is not possible. 
history already saw cases when the government blocked its state from the outside world. They made an iron curtain, this is China and Cuba and the USSR. Does something prevent someone from expressing his state from Bitcoin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: