Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 03:11:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with 6 gpu rig  (Read 182 times)
Elvolvis (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:39:59 AM

Hi all,

I really need some help configuring Asus prime z270-a with 6 amd 580’s! I’ve looked everywhere
With no success. So far had 5 of the 6 working and now I’m at a loss.. surely people have had this working??
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:44:32 AM

Hi all,

I really need some help configuring Asus prime z270-a with 6 amd 580’s! I’ve looked everywhere
With no success. So far had 5 of the 6 working and now I’m at a loss.. surely people have had this working??
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
What have you tried so far? It's hard to help you without more details.

If you haven't done this yet, start putting the GPUs in one by one. Put one in, turn on, check, turn off. Put next one in, turn on, check, turn off. Repeat until all are in and see if all cards work fine.

Once you've done this and all cards work, put one card in, turn on, check, turn off, put second card in and so on until all 6 cards are in simultaneously. And see if that works. If it doesn't check when additional cards stop working and try changing the order.
Victorio

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:37:27 PM

You should post to the appropriate subforum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0 or ask moderators to move this topic.
Best of all - stick with a topic similar to yours: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2307023.0

To the point:
0. What specific issue do you encounter - the rig does not boot; bootloop; it boots, but only 5 of 6 GPUs are shown in device manager; all 6 GPUs are shown, but one of them displays an error code?
1. Are you sure each of your 6 GPUs are working correctly, when installed separately?
2. Did you apply BIOS settings - Gen1/Gen2 PCI-E speed, Above 4G decoding, UEFI boot and disable Fastboot?
3. Check your risers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: