Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:52:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: should i invest in mining or coins?
mine - 7 (41.2%)
buy - 10 (58.8%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I HAVE 50.000 dollars to invest, help please!  (Read 1172 times)
gt12thor (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:26:24 PM

hi everyone?
first of all let me just say that I am a huge fan of this forum.

So where I am right now is that I have around 50 k to invest in crypto currencies.
My first thought was buying as many antminer l3+ as I could and then keep them in a hosting facility that I found.
then I thought that I should spil 50/50 between mining for litecoins and getting hardware to mine for ethereum.

I know that I am late to the game but I am still hoping that it is profitable.

I would just like to know what would you do ?

thanks for any tips!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gt12thor (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:00:45 PM

thanks for your opinion!
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:04:02 PM

What're your goals? This is the Bitcoin mining area, so if you want to talk about Altcoins, its the wrong place.

You should put the money into Bitcoin in my opinion. If all you have is $50k, its probably better to just buy coins
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 05:14:01 PM

hi everyone?

So where I am right now is that I have around 50 k to invest in crypto currencies.
My first thought was buying as many antminer l3+ as I could and then keep them in a hosting facility that I found.
then I thought that I should spil 50/50 between mining for litecoins and getting hardware to mine for ethereum.

thanks for any tips!

No doubts. Blindly go with bitcoin mining, trading or holding them for long term. Else if you are interested in mining then start mining, Zcash. monero, BCH apart from BTC
You can invest partially on altcoins as well. Give priority to bitcoin for quick profit
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:21:13 PM

hi everyone?

thanks for any tips!

ethereum is still good to mine bro. This amount is enough to invest your money in buy the good specification contains mining rig. I would advice buy the multiple graphics cards more than 30 graphics cards and set the 6 miner rig to mine ethreum, monero or zcash. These coins fit for the GPU mining. Please do not go with the bitcoin mining you will be able to get the more money in altcoin mining dude.
Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 06:23:45 PM

You can decide to go mining, but wheter or not it's profitable really depends on how much you're paying for electricity. If you can get that cheap, it might for sure be profitable to go mining.

However, if you decide to go buy coins, I would strongly advice you to not buy all kind of shitcoins that people are gonna sugest. Just keep it to investing in bitcoin, which will be way more likely to be profitable in the long run. It might be more boring, but at least you won't buy a shitcoin where early investors dump it on you.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:27:30 PM

hi everyone?

thanks for any tips!

That's hard to say without knowing anything about your background and financial situation.

If you are young and still have a lot of time to work in case you lose money, I'd go all the way and just invest into crypto instead of mining.

Mining has very small profits, but one advantage: you can sell your hardware (if you go with GPU coins). Buying cryptos straight up doesn't have that safety net, but the profits are several times higher.

Since 50k isn't really that much money I would thus go with investing in coins in hopes of turning it into 500k to several millions by 2020~2025. With mining that will be impossible.

But an exact strategy depends on too many factors that nobody knows here (how much money are you willing to lose, what is the smallest amount of profit that you want to make by a given date in the future, etc).

P.S. Make up your own mind and don't believe anyone here. Almost everyone on the internet is either clueless or lying when it comes to money.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:25:12 PM

hi everyone?

thanks for any tips!

If I have that kind of spare money, I would just actually do half invest and the other half go for mine. Like buy ASIC miner and mine your own coin so you'll get more coins and have fun with it but totally depends on you. Your lucky to have such money to invest in, unlike us we are just stuck in doing campaign signatures but hopefully soon we can also invest that much of money in bitcoin. You should just probably invest on BITCOIN & ETH then mine with BITCOIN. That's my opinion. Good luck Smiley
bitcoadz-manager

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:27:03 PM

You can invest on BITCOIN & ETH then mine with BITCOIN. This is cheapest way to earn money . Good luck

als17

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 07:50:50 PM

You can decide to go mining, but wheter or not it's profitable really depends on how much you're paying for electricity. If you can get that cheap, it might for sure be profitable to go mining.

However, if you decide to go buy coins, I would strongly advice you to not buy all kind of shitcoins that people are gonna sugest. Just keep it to investing in bitcoin, which will be way more likely to be profitable in the long run. It might be more boring, but at least you won't buy a shitcoin where early investors dump it on you.

I agree with your answer !! it's difficult to choose and there are a lot of dangerous shitcoins around. 
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:51:37 PM

You can invest on BITCOIN & ETH then mine with BITCOIN. This is cheapest way to earn money . Good luck

Mining Bitcoin is a terrible idea, since the profits are very small even with ASICs. And unlike GPUs you can't resell ASICs either.
als17

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 07:57:09 PM

Mining Bitcoin is a terrible idea, since the profits are very small even with ASICs. And unlike GPUs you can't resell ASICs either.

Yes true and a good cluster of asics cost a lot !!!! and gpu are a lot slow than asics.
Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:09:06 PM

I also have this dilemma and I was about to start a topic like this one. the difference is that I only have 30k$, my electricity is 0.10$ and i have where to keep the miners. meanwhile, i invested those money in some alts (eth, dash, mtl, btx) hoping that i can double the amount but the mining idea is still haunting me...
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:12:18 PM

I also have this dilemma and I was about to start a topic like this one. the difference is that I only have 30k$, my electricity is 0.10$ and i have where to keep the miners. meanwhile, i invested those money in some alts (eth, dash, mtl, btx) hoping that i can double the amount but the mining idea is still haunting me...
If your electricity is $0.10 you're not competitive. The floating electricity rate is around 3 to 5 cents depending on the year. So you need to be very close to that to be able to compete in any meaningful way. And even then it's not worth it unless you have a lot of money that you wish to conserve in exchange for smaller profits.
Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:23:38 PM

If your electricity is $0.10 you're not competitive. The floating electricity rate is around 3 to 5 cents depending on the year. So you need to be very close to that to be able to compete in any meaningful way. And even then it's not worth it unless you have a lot of money that you wish to conserve in exchange for smaller profits.

u are right, i thought that way but I already got burnt with 2 D3s at 2000$(psu and import taxes included) each
Aureliusy

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:41:05 PM

If you have never mined..Put  40k of your money in coins. BTC LTC and some altcoins (golem, vtc, zen, ark)
 Use 10K to experiment with mining (GPU an ASICS). Mining takes technical hardware and software skills and babysitting.
Or buy 50K coins with masternodes (run with VPS) http://mnrank.com/
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:42:51 PM

6 months ago I would have said "build yourself a GPU farm!"... But now it isn't worth it anymore. The time it'll take to get your money back is beyond reasonable... If it happens at all. Buy some selected coins that you believe in and go enjoy the rest of your money! Cheesy
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 09:53:56 PM

Id say spend half on a GPU farm.  At least if its self-sustaining, its a worthy investment.

spend the other half on BTC.  sit on it.  Wait for that multiplication.  Also save it to expand or support your business model for the first half.  you will be guaranteed sustainability if you are proactive.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
DarrenJC

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:04:46 PM

Option 1)

Buy 50k worth of Bitcoin right now and hold it for 6 years+ and hope

Option 2)

Build as many 6x Gtx 1080Ti rigs as you can afford. Mine altcoins, hold/sell as you see fit.

Up to you... but its what id be thinking.

Single GPU Miner - Zotac GTX1070 8GB Mini
Still early days, aiming bigger in time
DarrenJC

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:07:10 PM

6 months ago I would have said "build yourself a GPU farm!"... But now it isn't worth it anymore. The time it'll take to get your money back is beyond reasonable... If it happens at all. Buy some selected coins that you believe in and go enjoy the rest of your money! Cheesy

Long ROI?... what has ZenCash done in the last 2 weeks? People have turned huge money on that

Single GPU Miner - Zotac GTX1070 8GB Mini
Still early days, aiming bigger in time
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: