Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:18:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hitting a 12 BTC block with 1 usb miner and a laptop  (Read 678 times)
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:48:51 AM

USB miners have too small hashrate. Even if you had tens of them, you wouldn't earn much anyway. It's too late to use USB miners. Now ASICs like Antminer matter in the mining world. The chance of mining a block solo is near zero. It's a waste of electricity in my opinion.
that's not the point of something like that though, it's just something youd set up and not even have to think about, and given that infinitesimal chance that you actually ended up finding the block, you'd just be rewarded a hundredfold for something you spent pocket change on. it's a fun little thing you just keep going, and if i still had my usb miner i would probably set it up too.

When solo mining on a laptop you will not earn more than 50$ a year. I think home mining is unfortunately over Sad
i think you misunderstood; the topic is about attempting to solo mine with an obsolete setup, not on a pool. and even then, with a laptop and a 2 gh miner, i dont think you would even get more than 10 cents in a year the way things are looking right now. 50 dollars? fat chance.

exact, and over time will be required of more powerful machines, even the current ones such as Bitmain Antminer L3 + 504MH / s start to not be so profitable.
mining as a business has many disadvantaged
im 100% sure you didnt even read my post, i dont think ive said anything that wouldve lead to your comment, nice spam.

You have to have an extreme amount of sheer luck to hit a block with such a low hashrate nowadays. Even a single S9 is hard to hit those blocks given that there are tons of mining farms doing the hashing everyday. But it'd be cool if someone comes up with proofs stating that they solo mined a block with just a USB miner since it gives luck and randomness on mining a new statement, but we knkw that that wouldn't happen, not in this instance of reality we live in.

I remember having my 3x Gridseed way back 2015 and I love those little things. Sadly I have to turn it off since it only produces heat and not actual money for me.
it's not impossible though, it can still happen for that one lucky individual. i used to run a gridseed back when i was in college too, free electricity why the hell not. ive since sold the miner, but it was a tad fun having it run constantly. never actually found a block though, but i expected as much.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 01:12:23 AM

i have always been interested in been a miner but just getting to know how to mine is the problem, however, knowing about how to mine and mining bitcoin also is entirely a different ball game.

jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:40:42 AM

Since January 1,2017 has anyone ever hit a block of bitcoin solo mining on a laptop with a usb miner like gekkoscience 2pac?
This could be life changing money for $100 investment

With the increase on difficulty level and increased in the numbers of miners using a much stronger Asic miner,
I think using a USB miner will not be profitable now a days.

Asic Miners has a speed of as much as 14.5 THs compared to USB miners 15 GHs. And you even need to have a
bunch of Asic miners for you to get a single block of BTC.

loremz

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:16:01 AM

The usb mining is not really profitable , sorry to hear that
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:21:30 AM

i think, usb miner is not profitable right now, I don't know how much hashrate is generated for USB miner. but by comparing hardware miners like antminers that cost much more. so, it will waste your time and your own finances
Not only is not profitable now, for how many years mining with that equipment has not been profitable and there is no way that at some point in the future that is going to become profitable in the future, it is better for the op to give up his illusions to mine a block with that equipment.
bitcoinlinks

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 09:17:29 PM

Ok USB Bitcoin mining is over, instead can it still be done with Altcoins?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: