Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:18:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud Hashing  (Read 19452 times)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:00:22 PM

You can't say BTC only goes up.  That is reckless

Its set for a few major dips (just had one) the next 6 months

It's also not very relevant as I imagine most people choose between investing in mining or buying Bitcoin directly (or a combination) for a set amount. Therefore whether Bitcoin goes up isn't that important. In fact, wrt mining investments it's better if the price goes down as this will likely lead to a lower difficulty (or lower increase).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atariguy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:44:08 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 04:55:59 PM by atariguy

You can't say BTC only goes up.  That is reckless

It's gone down in just the last few days.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:54:32 PM

I know this address;

145-157 St John Street, London EC1V 4PW, England United Kingdom.

I work right around the corner from it.

I'll get you a pic over the weekend.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:16:30 AM

It's also not very relevant as I imagine most people choose between investing in mining or buying Bitcoin directly (or a combination) for a set amount. Therefore whether Bitcoin goes up isn't that important. In fact, wrt mining investments it's better if the price goes down as this will likely lead to a lower difficulty (or lower increase).

ain't that a bunch of bull you just wrote. wrt your logic, hopefully anything you want becomes worthless so you can have more of it

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:45:38 AM

ain't that a bunch of bull you just wrote. wrt your logic, hopefully anything you want becomes worthless so you can have more of it

Nope, Bitcoin doesn't go down in value. It's the price (something completely different from the value) going down that will make the investment better. People always seem to confuse price and value Smiley
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:06:58 PM

Nope, Bitcoin doesn't go down in value. It's the price (something completely different from the value) going down that will make the investment better. People always seem to confuse price and value Smiley

Glad you understand that, but you are believing market conditions are the only reason something goes down in price... The value can lead the price down too.

BTC value has gone up and down on its own in its history and sometimes it is on par with the ups and down of its price.   For one example, the more people who accept BTC will increase its value but if less and less accept it, it will lose value.  And BTC has many facets that affect both its value and price

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:18:01 PM

Perhaps, they're based near the Lawyer's-ville part of the city, if they truly exist...

Address: 145-157 St John Street, London EC1V 4PW, England United Kingdom

Between Farringdon and Old St;

I'll get you guys a picture of their location over the weekend! Wink

Don't bother bro.. 145-157 St John Street is where half of UK registered companies are; it's the best known P/O box, used to see it all the time as an accountant and have a company there myself (company no. 08500013)

As above, from another thread on this topic AEJK claims the address is nothing more than mail forwarding, which is in stark contrast to 'cloud hashings' claims.

On their site they claim to have a physical presence, an office, depicted by a giant red circle:

https://www.cloudhashing.com/contact

I'll swing past on my way back tomorrow morn. If there is nothing to assure they have a physical presence as claimed, then for all intense and purposes, they are out to scam!

cloudhasher

Activity: 280

Taking bitcoin mining to everybody

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 01:38:17 PM

Perhaps, they're based near the Lawyer's-ville part of the city, if they truly exist...

Don't bother bro.. 145-157 St John Street is where half of UK registered companies are; it's the best known P/O box, used to see it all the time as an accountant and have a company there myself (company no. 08500013)

As above, from another thread on this topic AEJK claims the address is nothing more than mail forwarding, which is in stark contrast to 'cloud hashings' claims.

On their site they claim to have a physical presence, an office, depicted by a giant red circle:

I'll swing past on my way back tomorrow morn. If there is nothing to assure they have a physical presence as claimed, then for all intense and purposes, they are out to scam!

We operate out of a virtual office. We never maintained the address posted was a physical address and if you read other posts would had seen we mentioned before it is a mail forwarding address.

Being a new tech startup in expensive London, renting an office space is not advisable nor fiscally prudent. And as we have always maintained , we are not desperate for anybody's business. If you are not happy we would gladly offer you a refund. We do not want unhappy customers. It seems this forum is hell bent on labelling anything that moves a scam.

Anyways if you wish to meet in London or talk over the phone, I would gladly personally accommodate you.

Kind regards

CH
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:53:21 PM

We operate out of a virtual office. We never maintained the address posted was a physical address and if you read other posts would had seen we mentioned before it is a mail forwarding address.

Being a new tech startup in expensive London, renting an office space is not advisable nor fiscally prudent. And as we have always maintained , we are not desperate for anybody's business. If you are not happy we would gladly offer you a refund. We do not want unhappy customers. It seems this forum is hell bent on labelling anything that moves a scam.

Anyways if you wish to meet in London or talk over the phone, I would gladly personally accommodate you.

Kind regards

If others want me to verify your legitimacy, I can do that.

It's more than a little naughty that you to have the following Google Maps image on your website suggesting you have a physical office at that location:

I'm more than aware London is expensive, unlike you; I don't just claim to be located here, I actually do live here.

At the very least make it known on your website you do not have a real office there.

There is nothing in the picture above to suggest anything is virtual, and therefore it creates a fraudulent assumption you appear to want to propagate, and to be fair, with the current climate with respect to scams, that's not healthy for you, or anyone else. Why even have it on a map dominating your 'contact us' page?!

It's easy enough to check if you've made such a sizable order with KnC, and presumably you have supporting evidence that is more convincing than your whereabouts.

Please don't take this as me being facetious, but that map is more than a little mirepresentative of your claims above...

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:06:29 PM

Glad you understand that, but you are believing market conditions are the only reason something goes down in price... The value can lead the price down too.

BTC value has gone up and down on its own in its history and sometimes it is on par with the ups and down of its price.   For one example, the more people who accept BTC will increase its value but if less and less accept it, it will lose value.  And BTC has many facets that affect both its value and price

See that's where you are plain wrong. Bitcoin is so young it has only gone up in value. So much of Bitcoin's value is based on seniority because this is the only one true test if what is perfect on paper it is truly feasible. How does it cope with hacking attempts? (which only increase with time). How does it cope with volume? Etcetera...

At any point in history since it's inception Bitcoin's value has been at an all time high. That this isn't true for the price is due to the inefficiency of the market. This is where opportunity lies Smiley
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:16:57 PM

It's more than a little naughty that you to have the following Google Maps image on your website suggesting you have a physical office at that location:

It's easy enough to check if you've made such a sizable order with KnC, and presumably you have supporting evidence that is more convincing than your whereabouts.

Please don't take this as me being facetious, but that map is more than a little mirepresentative of your claims above...

I agree with this. Don't oversell yourself, especially by lying. People will start doubting everything you say and this is how FUD is born.

Anyway: Looking forward to the first payout in the next (?*) week.

* Are we still scheduled to start mining the 20th of June with July contracts?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:33:00 PM

Nr 1 rule in business: If it seems like it's too good to be true, it is.
actually is: if all others human do it, therefore must be good, if no, it is bad for sure
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:47:32 PM

actually is: if all others human do it, therefore must be good, if no, it is bad for sure

I usually do this in reverse. If everyone does it, it's unlikely to be anything special or provide me an edge. If few or none do it, there could be something there Smiley
atariguy

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:06:02 PM

I usually do this in reverse. If everyone does it, it's unlikely to be anything special or provide me an edge. If few or none do it, there could be something there Smiley

There's a lot of really stupid stuff that "everyone" does.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:00:32 PM

Kind regards

I'm more than aware London is expensive, unlike you; I don't just claim to be located here, I actually do live here.

At the very least make it known on your website you do not have a real office there.

There is nothing in the picture above to suggest anything is virtual, and therefore it creates a fraudulent assumption you appear to want to propagate, and to be fair, with the current climate with respect to scams, that's not healthy for you, or anyone else. Why even have it on a map dominating your 'contact us' page?!

Wow, just wow. That picture is very misleading indeed.

Also, Cloudhashing is planning on hosting 30+ Terra hashes of equipment, yet they don't have a physical presence anywhere?

Please tell me you are hosting in a data center and not hosting this stuff in your house lol.
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:18:47 PM

Kind regards

Wow, just wow. That picture is very misleading indeed.

Also, Cloudhashing is planning on hosting 30+ Terra hashes of equipment, yet they don't have a physical presence anywhere?

Please tell me you are hosting in a data center and not hosting this stuff in your house lol.

35T is 100 Jupiters ≃ 100KW. I *doubt* they will host that at home.
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:19:48 PM

Kind regards

With respect to your KNCMiner question, if you go to their site (https://www.kncminer.com/) and check the second banner on their home page, you might get an answer to that one

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:08:03 AM

The prices are ridiculous: $1,000 per 10GH/s - right, they buy the machines from KnCMiner, which cost $7,000 per 350GH/s, and they sell them for $35,000... And they have the guts to say the the estimated yearly revenue for 10GH/s is aprox. 50BTC

Yeah, so we are all going to be rich.

Jokers...

SCAM

cloudhasher

Activity: 280

Taking bitcoin mining to everybody

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 09:24:55 AM

The prices are ridiculous: $1,000 per 10GH/s - right, they buy the machines from KnCMiner, which cost $7,000 per 350GH/s, and they sell them for $35,000... And they have the guts to say the the estimated yearly revenue for 10GH/s is aprox. 50BTC

Yeah, so we are all going to be rich.

Jokers...

SCAM

Would be good of you do some reading

So quick to jump the gun. Read

https://www.cloudhashing.com/revenue-reinvestment

Our contract holders get additional hashing power monthly. Very hard to so solo mining. Plus no need to worry about hosting etc.

We host in a secure level 3 data centre with reserve power etc.

Happy hashing

CH
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:36:47 AM

No math behind 50BTC estimated return for 10GH/s. That's a joke.

The only fact is that your are charging $1,000 for 10GH/s, when it costs $200 or less to you.

Good luck with your ponzi scheme.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: