Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:07:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Hackable?  (Read 4060 times)
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:30:43 AM

Now everyone is investing heavily on Bitcoin. But can anyone hack this Bitakayena? If Bitcoin means hacks, then there will be a lot of damage. Where is Bitcoin's hidden security?

I guess everything is hackablr nowadays. However, bitcoins will be a tough nut to crack since bitcoins are situated within a blockchain. It has countless and countless amounts of security walls from different ledgers around the world. I guess a hacker can breach this but it will take them years and yeara just to hack data from years ago.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
apaachi

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:28:16 PM

Everything can be hacked. In crptoworld, nothing is totally secure in this scenario
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:45:59 PM

Now everyone is investing heavily on Bitcoin. But can anyone hack this Bitakayena? If Bitcoin means hacks, then there will be a lot of damage. Where is Bitcoin's hidden security?

I think nowadays everything can be hacked because people are very smart when it comes to technology. All you have todo is becareful not to click anything that is suspicoius like website with suspicious message it can be a pishing site to get your information and access to your account. And also dont give you password to anyone. And dont save it on a place that anyone could access it.
Harley29

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:53:42 PM

Well, bitcoin is difficult to hack because of the blockchain technology that supporting it. Though bitcoin itself is difficult to hack, it does not mean that there is no potential risks in security.
Well I don’t think so bitcoin can be hack because bitcoin got a lot of experience from market I know that bitcoin is decentralized but I believe there are thousands of people are working here and there must be a head office of bitcoin in somewhere and it’s going to operate by some professional people who are operating bitcoin and I’m sure that they know about all forks and they also know how to fight against them so I think there is no chance that bitcoin can be hacked.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 05:22:29 PM

Bitcoin is based on the blockchain technology and it relies on the trust so if there are 100 people running blockchain on their computer, hacking just single computer won't affect the network, you have to hack at least 51 computers out there to hack the system.

Now, since there are many many many computers running blockchain and rarely anyone of them has the idea about another computer's identity, it's rare to execute this 51% attack. Thus, it is near to impossible to hack by this way. However, hackers can hack the exchanges, accounts of the exchange users and private key backups of to steal the Bitcoins and it is comparatively easier for them.
legoplayer245

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:27:13 PM

In theory there is many ways of corrupt it, but in a fact you'll see miners having control over the transactions and also you may know as quantum computers are supposed to do.
Gracechen17

Activity: 367
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:27:21 PM

Everything is hackable, even boyfriends and spouses are being hacked by others   Cheesy. Funny though but true. If we are careless with our private key then it can be hacked. Even cash and bank accounts are hacked so it is not far to happen that digital wallets can also be hacked.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:32:24 PM

All is hackable, above all if it is a online system.
But i think that is not easy to hack the bitcoin system, and the team is constantly work to make secure their systems
The same thought with mine. Nowadays, things can be hacked even the most secured assets anywhere in the world for as long internet or online system is concerned. However, in regards to bitcoin, I think the way it was designed is not that hackable as a person thinks for it is secured and proven records of reliability.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:34:01 PM

In theory yes. But hackers will have to spend a lot of resources to do it (governments may try though) that it discourages it from happening.

Quantum computing will be able to break the cryptography of the current blockchain technology also.

GoldMen

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:34:50 PM

Bitakayena

i have no idea what this word means or where you are taking it from but "bitcoin" itself is not hack-able. the way private keys are (a random number in an unbelievably huge range), and how the hashing to get the public keys and bitcoin address (ECDSA and SHA256 which are irreversible) makes it un-hack-able!

your wallet is hack-able though. if you are not careful, use a weak password or have a compromised machine that you use for your wallet.

ps. more than 8 years of being around and not being hacked even once should answer your question though!

I imagine that the question itself is that. The wallet, because if we are not careful, they take away all our bitcoins.
jona

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:33:12 PM

Are you asking this questions in other to find your way to protect your wallet from  hackers ,than look for an offline wallet to protect your wallet from been hack because online wallet are hack able.
clumsychoc

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:16:41 AM

Everything is hackable, when it comes to security , there is no such thing as safe, there is only what we call as safer. That is exactly what bitcoin is, hackable but is hard to do so.
BitcoTK

Activity: 172

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:22:27 AM

The issue of security has been a fundamental one for bitcoin since its development. On one hand, bitcoin itself is very difficult to hack, and that is largely due to the blockchain technology which supports it. As blockchain is constantly being reviewed by bitcoin users, hacks are unlikely. On the other hand, though, the fact that bitcoin itself is difficult to hack does not mean that it's necessarily a safe investment. There does exist potential for security risks at various stages of the trading process.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:17:22 PM

Well, bitcoin is difficult to hack because of the blockchain technology that supporting it. Though bitcoin itself is difficult to hack, it does not mean that there is no potential risks in security.
Actually bitcoin is a digital currency and its only available on internet and hacks are also using internet to hack something but as far as I know about bitcoin its now one of the strong and stable currency in market it very hard to hack bitcoin because bitcoin have a very strong support by some rich countries and bitcoin know very well how to protect itself from any kind of challenge but if something happen wrong with bitcoin so bitcoin know very well how to protect itself from any forks and challenge so there is no chance of hacking.
Zlatangu

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:30:13 PM

In fact Bitcoin is theoretically hackable but practically it is very difficult to hack due to the blockchain technology. As blockchain is constantly being updated by bitcoin users, hacks are impossible for now.
fistteam

Activity: 217

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:34:00 PM

I think all types of crypto can be attacked. That is not easy, but hackers will do it. In fact, many investors were attacked by hackers.
Iyanuoluwa

Activity: 202

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:34:43 PM

Yes, it is possible for bitcoin to be hacked because it is online based.
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:36:29 PM

everything is hackable so it is the same with bitcoin. Just recall the memories on MtGox, then recently fraud with KOrean exchanges. The point is that anything with internet connection is vulnerable. People need to understand that the smartest thing in crypto is to invest amount that can be lost. Risks are evident in cryptocurrency trading.
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 03:12:16 PM

There is not internet based system or digital system which cannot be hacked, but still hope that bitcoin is well protected, and it would not be easy to hack it. I should find out whether there are additional safeguards to protect yourself
xDsoGood

Activity: 190
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:26:47 PM

Yes it can be hacked because bitcoin is online based everyone can visit, and use it. But it cannot be easily hacked because of high security in it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: