Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:03:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Hackable?  (Read 4060 times)
lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:30:28 PM

The issue of security has been fundamental to bitcoin since its development. On the one hand, bitcoin itself is very hard to hack, and this is mainly due to the blockchain technology that supports it. Because blockchain is constantly checked by Bitcoin users, hacks are unlikely. On the other hand, the fact that bitcoin itself is difficult to hack does not mean that it is necessarily a safe investment. There is potential for security threats at various stages of the trading process.
diorthotis

Activity: 330
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 08:38:05 PM

Also, the private key cannot be derived from the public key. The public key is generated using the private key and an algorithm called Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA). This is determined by a randomly generated 256 bit number called 'K'. Therefore, as long as 'K' is sufficiently random, modern computers cannot reverse it by brute force.

However, since a wallet.dat file with a QT wallet is secured by a user generated password, it is up to the user to provide a sufficiently complex password to prevent brute force cracking.

Also, as a side note, and due to the invulnerability of cryptocurrency, if you accidentally send your bitcoins or other cryptocurrency to the wrong address, there is no possibility of recovery.
bedford1972

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:21:25 PM

The people, what the hack? If this were possible, then a long time ago all bitcoins and other currencies have already stolen 100 times, if not more. Speech about compromise and be not can. You can only foolishly and carelessly lose their savings. Just don't need to crawl on suspicious websites, opening suspicious links from mails and many others. Save links and all data in secure locations. Duplicate both in electronic version, and in handwritten. I am sure that if those who lost their assets adhered to these rules, the number of losses and thefts would be much less at times. Good luck and profit.

QUARKCHAIN - Blockchain Sharding Technology
IS A FLEXIBLE, SCALABLE, AND USER-ORIENTED BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE. (https://quarkchain.io)
PrincessChe

Activity: 98
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:26:27 PM

Theoretically there is a set of ways of his tampering, but actually you will see that miners control transactions and also you can know how you have to do quantum computers.
Zlatna Kopa4ka

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:36:45 PM

Of course it is. Everything can be easily hacked, there are really dangerous hackers all around the globe which can I personally think can hack into anything that their mind is put into. I just don't know why it hasn't happen yet, maybe its just me and it could not be done. Maybe not Bitcoins as a coin, but probably Ethereum ERC-20 wallets can be.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 09:49:15 PM

Bitcoin itself can not be hacked from bitcoin or system. but the wallet that we use can be uprooted if the security of the wallet itself is not maximal. so adding 2fa and storing with a cold wallet or having a high security wallet storage device will be much safer because the case of bitcoin loss always starts from a hacked device.
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:49:54 PM

Now everyone is investing heavily on Bitcoin. But can anyone hack this Bitakayena? If Bitcoin means hacks, then there will be a lot of damage. Where is Bitcoin's hidden security?

bitcoin is always hackable if you are not
securing the password and private keys,
this are the access on your wallet as long as you keep it safe and private then you are safe.
remember! never share it to anyone even with y9our friends!
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:52:06 PM

Bitcoin exigency is with it technology, bitcoin is operating on a high grade of security which is almost impossible to be manipulate in any form because before Amy account in bitcoin can be temparrd with the mistake will come majorly from the holder in the sense that no account can ever be hacked without the concert of the user.
Jake Virus

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:54:55 PM

I think the security of bitcoin is good and it will be very hard to crack, usually nowadays no one can fabricate bitcoin, which I know hackers usually only attack exchange instead of bitcoin, like never happened before in japan
I agree with you that the security of bitcoin is really secured, and i dont really agree that bitcoin is hackable, maybe our wallet js hackable if we will not keep or protect our private key, and for me bitcoin will be very safe and very secured from the hackers and there is no doubt with that.

kolinko

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:10:04 PM

Bitcoin exigency is with it technology, bitcoin is operating on a high grade of security which is almost impossible to be manipulate in any form because before Amy account in bitcoin can be temparrd with the mistake will come majorly from the holder in the sense that no account can ever be hacked without the concert of the user.
Bitcoin can not be hacked because it is a very complex system and linked together by nodes. Blockchain technology is a great technology and is currently being applied in many occupations in life. This is a great invention of the 4.0 technology era.
rasp

Activity: 900
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:19:54 PM

I do not think so, at least I have not heard of such vulnerabilities! Basically, all the hacks are designed for the human factor, our mistakes!
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:50:56 PM

Not sure how exactly it would be possible. Unless someone gets access to 51% of bitcoin's blockchain,bitcoin is not "hackable". Exchanges and online wallets can be easily hacked though. But bitcoin on its own,is almost impossible to hack.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:20:27 PM

Technology is a product of intelligence of people. I think it's possible that bitcoin can be hacked just because there's no impossible when it comes to technology and mind power of people. But Bitcoin is continously developing their high level of security to avoid this incident. We,😝the user's should always remember security measures.
Rebisco

Activity: 650
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:37:11 PM

Now everyone is investing heavily on Bitcoin. But can anyone hack this Bitakayena? If Bitcoin means hacks, then there will be a lot of damage. Where is Bitcoin's hidden security?
The system of the bitcoin is not hackable. The technology behind bitcoin is really high tech. Hackers can't hack thr system of the bitcoin but hackers can hack your bitcoins if your knowledge about bitcoin is not enough.
btcgainer24724

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:53:08 PM

All the thing of the online world is hackable.But from my point of view, bitcoin is difficult to hack because of the blockchain technology that supporting it. Though bitcoin itself is difficult to hack, it does not mean that there is no potential risks in security Smiley
LynielZbl

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:57:15 PM

Everything on the cyber world is hackable and it depends on the hacker's skills. But in bitcoin I think the security of bitcoin is strong and for me it is hard to hack because bitcoin or all cryto coins have their own private-keys and depends on the wallets you are using, coin addresses are generated in random so make sure you don't give it easy to anyone your private key because if you do, you might loose all your coins or tokens that you were holding so just be extra careful of what your private key is.
knight20

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:58:50 PM

For me bitcion are not hackable if you really know the passage in this kind of technology, nowadays are really good how to use this kind of thing so you should a knowledgeable person know what it is  to make sure that your system are safe.
orarider

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:00:11 AM

I think not. Because bitcoin has high security. There are many people who believe in bitcoin. Bitcoin operates worldwide.
brylle34

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:12:54 AM

if bitcoin is hackable why is the value going up and bitcoin is still existing? bitcoin is compose of a lot of transactions called blockchain, blockchain is a ledger of records arranged in data batches called blocks that use cryptographic validation to link themselves together. Put simply, each block references and identifies the previous block by a hashing function, forming an unbroken chain, hence the name. every account is encrypted with pass phrase or keys that only you the owner know that why it is secured. you will be hacked if you reclesly give your passphrase or keys to anyone.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:19:42 AM

whether the bitcoin can be hacked? The answer can be, because if an object(bitcoin) has a high price it is directly proportional to the height of hacking or theft of the object and a high level of security also in order to secure the object (bitcoin), this will determine who is more capable .
bitcoin (blockchain) that now does have a up to date security with a numerous of features that are always updated from time to time, and hackers will think hard to rip off bitcoin because the increasingly high price makes the interest and seek opportunities hackers to hack the bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: