Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:19:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: These physical LTC look awesome!  (Read 3692 times)
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:17:01 PM

Looks nice, but if so, that 1/2 oz silver 10 LiteCoin round is still only worth 1/2 oz silver, about $10 -

If its current rate of 10 LTC = at least. Not sure where you get $10.
Current price of silver is $21.81 oz, So that half oz coin is worth $10.90, it dosent matter what it says on it, you can put anything you want on a silver coin, its easy to do and it dosent make it worth anymore, silver is silver. It would be stupid to pay $20 or $30 for a $10 piece of silver.

I'm assuming that these will each be loaded with the private key to 10 LTC - like the Casascius Bitcoins. So $10.90 plus $23.79 plus premium to cover manufacturing costs and some profit for the guy making them. Gotta be looking at around 40 bucks each.
Yea but when you go to sell them no one is going to pay that premium you spent, so your losing money on them.. They are strictly souvenir coins. A big enough company puts any design on a coin they want and sell them for pennies above spot... apmex.com  -  providentmetals.com  - I am a gold and silver investor, I never buy anything with a premium, because your just losing money on it, but thats just me...

Well if casascius silver coins are any indication, you are wrong.

When those first came out, it cost about $80. About 10 bitcoins at $4 each + 1oz silver at $30 + $10 premium.
Check out how much they went for on ebay recently: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=13&_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=casascius+silver&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc
Granted btc price is >$100 now, but the premium on these are still huge.

Keep on preaching it, no one believes you aquaman, we have seen this all before and the early adopters made out like bandits.
lol, preaching what? I said they looked cool, I would like to have one, im just stating facts based on experience.    Amateur...

Name:   AquaMan
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   June 10, 2013, 01:57:40 AM

You are so experienced and trusted on this forum, I will defer to your great wisdom.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
AquaMan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:17:23 PM

Looks nice, but if so, that 1/2 oz silver 10 LiteCoin round is still only worth 1/2 oz silver, about $10 -

If its current rate of 10 LTC = http://dvcticker.appspot.com/btc-e/10ltc/usd.png at least. Not sure where you get $10.
Current price of silver is $21.81 oz, So that half oz coin is worth $10.90, it dosent matter what it says on it, you can put anything you want on a silver coin, its easy to do and it dosent make it worth anymore, silver is silver. It would be stupid to pay $20 or $30 for a $10 piece of silver.

I'm assuming that these will each be loaded with the private key to 10 LTC - like the Casascius Bitcoins. So $10.90 plus $23.79 plus premium to cover manufacturing costs and some profit for the guy making them. Gotta be looking at around 40 bucks each.
Yea but when you go to sell them no one is going to pay that premium you spent, so your losing money on them.. They are strictly souvenir coins. A big enough company puts any design on a coin they want and sell them for pennies above spot... apmex.com  -  providentmetals.com  - I am a gold and silver investor, I never buy anything with a premium, because your just losing money on it, but thats just me...

When those first came out, it cost about $80. About 10 bitcoins at $4 each + 1oz silver at $30 + $10 premium.
Check out how much they went for on ebay recently: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=13&_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=casascius+silver&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Yes, because its all still brand new... People who invest, or rather, people experienced and good at investing, do it for the long term, not a year or two... of course they are expensive now, but give it some time..
AquaMan

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:20:25 PM

If its current rate of 10 LTC = http://dvcticker.appspot.com/btc-e/10ltc/usd.png at least. Not sure where you get $10.

Keep on preaching it, no one believes you aquaman, we have seen this all before and the early adopters made out like bandits.
lol, preaching what? I said they looked cool, I would like to have one, im just stating facts based on experience.    Amateur...

Name:   AquaMan
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   June 10, 2013, 01:57:40 AM

You are so experienced and trusted on this forum, I will defer to your great wisdom.
lol, keep making yourself look like an idiot. What does that mean, the date someone joined an obscure forum is the deciding factor on their intelligence and experience. Did you make a quarter million on BTC? Do you trade $10k worth of gold and silver on a weekly basis?  Well, I will check out some other post's rather than waste my time here... lol
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:22:39 AM

Yea but when you go to sell them no one is going to pay that premium you spent, so your losing money on them.. They are strictly souvenir coins. A big enough company puts any design on a coin they want and sell them for pennies above spot... apmex.com  -  providentmetals.com  - I am a gold and silver investor, I never buy anything with a premium, because your just losing money on it, but thats just me...

You should shut up now and look at casascius.com.

If you compare brand new physical litecoins to 2011 unique and funded Casacius bitcoins, you are going to have a disappointing experience.

I wasn't comparing them; Aquaman is talking about these like they're just silver coins with the Litecoin logo stamped on them, he doesn't appear to understand that they're preloaded with LTC.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
AquaMan

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:48:23 AM

Yea but when you go to sell them no one is going to pay that premium you spent, so your losing money on them.. They are strictly souvenir coins. A big enough company puts any design on a coin they want and sell them for pennies above spot... apmex.com  -  providentmetals.com  - I am a gold and silver investor, I never buy anything with a premium, because your just losing money on it, but thats just me...

You should shut up now and look at casascius.com.

If you compare brand new physical litecoins to 2011 unique and funded Casacius bitcoins, you are going to have a disappointing experience.

I wasn't comparing them; Aquaman is talking about these like they're just silver coins with the Litecoin logo stamped on them, he doesn't appear to understand that they're preloaded with LTC.
It wasnt said they were going to be, if they are, then yes, itll be worth more, otherwise yes its just a silver coin with a logo stamped on it.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:29:24 AM

That little 10 litecoins written on them must be ambiguous.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
moltenmich

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 06:36:53 AM

When these are being sold will it be announced here or on the litecoin forums? They are way too cool to pass up. (assuming they are loaded with ltc)

█ Professional Design & Multimedia █

michpalmer.com
wetroof

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:44:21 AM

this looks good. when the redeemed litecoins make it into the physical silver market then it helps to spread litecoin!
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:51:05 AM

Yes, they have 10 ltc behind a hologram just like the casascius coins. When it's announced, I'm sure someone will post the info here.

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:16:00 AM

Yes, they have 10 ltc behind a hologram just like the casascius coins. When it's announced, I'm sure someone will post the info here.
lurking started Tongue

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 07:06:55 AM

I know for a fact that these physical litecoins are for real. These have been in the works for months now. No, I didn't create them, but I know the person who did.
I was expecting a full announcement from him soon and I can't wait to purchase a few.

Same

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 04:39:56 PM

Physical Litecoins... from Casascius???

flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:01:41 PM

It wasnt said they were going to be, if they are, then yes, itll be worth more, otherwise yes its just a silver coin with a logo stamped on it.

In that case they wouldn't be Physical LTC at all.  They'd just be silver coins.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:08:10 PM

Thats true, but his coins are collectors pieces. I don't know if any other coins would command such a premium.

more or less retired.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:25:42 PM

So, without a website selling them.. What are we discussing?
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:06:57 PM

They havent even started selling them yet.

Yeah, but I haven't even had mine made yet. There is about a 3 week lead time at the very least to go from a design to a product.

Profit margins are so small for this type of thing, if there's competition I'll have to lower my prices and it's not worth my time. I make $40+/hr at my day job, I'm not going to work myself silly on this project for peanuts.

I actually think I know who is making them by deducing several things because Coblee knows who it is already... this guy is on the Litecoin dev team so it would make since Coblee was aware he was making them. The guy offered to partner with me when I made my thread, but was going to make me sign a contract and pay for legal fees, etc., so I turned down his deal. I suppose maybe it is my fault, but if I partnered with everyone that asked to partner with me in this deal, I'd have 10 partners by now.

Anyways, I guess I'll just go back to being a lowly miner... life is much less stressful that way anyways. Smiley

The person is not on the Litecoin dev team and is unrelated to us. I think you should continue with your coins. Yours is really promising too. There's definitely room for more than 1 physical litecoins. I'd buy both and I'm sure many people will too. So there's no need to have a price war.
+1

It are 2 different coins, different style and materials, I'd buy them both.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:11:50 PM

I'll be looking to pick a few of these up  Grin

Bitrated user: Mick.

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:12:44 PM

I'll be looking to pick a few of these up  Grin

same

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
R-T-B

Activity: 145

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:17:03 PM

I want one...  bad.
ssinc

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Hash for Cash!

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:01:55 PM

Any updates on who will actually be selling physical LTC coins? I'd definitely like to buy some asap

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: