Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 05:54:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoins to a Bitcoin address are lost. please help!  (Read 211 times)
martincoin (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:27:01 PM

Hi, I am new in all these and I was trying to transfer my Litecoins from Coinbase account to my new Ledger nano s device.

But instead of transferring the Litecoins to a Litecoin wallet, I accidentally sent the Litecoins to my Bitcoin segwit wallet. The transfer was confirmed on Coinbase, but I don't see the litecoins on my bitcoin wallet.

The transaction is:
1cad1a200d63604ff27be68e28d3d9bb964e7c929d4fdb9791e178aefde3a2b2

Please tell me how to find them. I emailed everyone I could, but no answer yet.

Thanks
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:33:27 PM

The only way to recover coins sent to the incorrect wallet is to get the private key from the incorrect wallet, and try to import it into the correct wallet.  So, get your bitcoin coin wallet private key, and import it into a litecoin wallet.  Be careful, don't download any fake wallets or malware, because you'll be exposing your bitcoin private key.

It doesn't work 100% of the time, but it is the only chance you have.

martincoin (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:11:46 PM

The only way to recover coins sent to the incorrect wallet is to get the private key from the incorrect wallet, and try to import it into the correct wallet.  So, get your bitcoin coin wallet private key, and import it into a litecoin wallet.  Be careful, don't download any fake wallets or malware, because you'll be exposing your bitcoin private key.

It doesn't work 100% of the time, but it is the only chance you have.

can you give more details and how to do this please? i am completely new in all this bitcoin world.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:21:25 AM

Hi, I am new in all these and I was trying to transfer my Litecoins from Coinbase account to my new Ledger nano s device.

But instead of transferring the Litecoins to a Litecoin wallet, I accidentally sent the Litecoins to my Bitcoin segwit wallet. The transfer was confirmed on Coinbase, but I don't see the litecoins on my bitcoin wallet.

The transaction is:
1cad1a200d63604ff27be68e28d3d9bb964e7c929d4fdb9791e178aefde3a2b2

Please tell me how to find them. I emailed everyone I could, but no answer yet.

Thanks

There is absolutely nothing that you can do on your side. It is either going to bounce back or it won't. If it does pop back, there is nothing on your side that is going to alter the time of that happening. I do not think that even mining that mem on purpose will make a difference. I would count on the coins to be gone forever, but I would not stop watching that address because it could happen.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: