Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:48:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETN - Electroneum's Crypto Firsts and #1's  (Read 3704 times)
benjaminoo

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Ice Rock Mining - Lifetime Profit

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 06:37:32 AM

My father worked at Lotus in the beginning of the 90s and we had some conversations about their business policy. They didnt want to go to the consumer market. They said it is much better to get the business customers who will buy 10k or 100k copies at once. The normal customer was seen as a hard business. A lot of effort to sell one copy to one customer.
Guess what. Microsoft did it this way. And look where Microsoft is now and where Lotus is.

Or maybe an example not so far away in time. Look at Blackberry. Every business man had one. In every company >200 employees there has been a blackberry server. Everyone was laughing about the shitty consumer phones (== everything else than BB)
And then Apple came with the iPhone. They generated so much demand on the private side that those people went to work asking for iPhones. And now we dont have any Blackberry server anywhere.

I guess that the key for success is generating demand on the private consumer side which will swap into businesses. That is the approach of Electroneum and that is the reason I and many others invested in it.

What a great analogy and story!! This is what I'm talking about!

The big money lies in the act of taking a product reserved for a select few and making it available for the mass market. Like Microsoft with computers, like Apple with smartphones, like Uber with a taxi business, like WordPress with websites, like Google with information, like Tesla with battery packs and electric vehicles, like SpaceX with spaceflight (we're getting there)... Like Electroneum with cryptocurrencies!

Mining a dollar worth of coins per day on your smartphone might not seem like a lot to first world country residents, but to third world countries this is gold!! It's like a universal basic income! In some countries, this could even cover the monthly cost of having a phone.

Think of the massive amounts of business ideas that will see the light when people in third world countries have a phone that is all paid for... Others who could not afford a phone would be able to get one, because their monthly ETN mining counts will be enough to pay for the phone plus data.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
riffaz

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

eCommerce Web Developer & Customer Support -remote

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:57:59 AM

news after news... but still there is no wallet or a login page that works ...  Huh

Tornand

Activity: 117

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:59:47 AM

They are being pentested by hackerone. Earliest possible access will be in december
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:10:28 AM

Electroneum once it will be launched will have to recover from this bad position it got from the delay of the launch. This is where Richard can prove himself as beeing the marketing expert se hays he is. I have all my confidence in him and his team and the best intentions of them.
I see this project as a long therm investment and for sure once it will launch the price will go to the ground and below. But once the marketing team steps in the token will moon. 1$ price is not unreacheble for them.

riffaz

Activity: 148

eCommerce Web Developer & Customer Support -remote

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:38:31 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2017, 05:04:01 PM by riffaz

ETN / Electroneum is the most recent biggest disappointment

- People were so hyped just because it is from UK
 - known team
 - uber CEO also invested.
 - bla2.. big news.

then news, again news,,, news after news..

They do not have a working wallet at least now..

I bought some.. but I am not expecting a good profit from this after all these shortcoming and delays..
The profit from Electroneum will be very small or nothing when compare to the scam / ponzi coins...

Korzina

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:27:29 PM

Will price drop to ICO level or be even lower? What is your predictions?
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:47:03 PM

I believe it will not fall below ICO levels, even on day one of the wallets being released.
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:02:02 PM

I think there will be a lot of dumping when the wallet is released. There is less and less confidence in the product now. Don't forget a lot of the people are first time investors who (for them) jumped through a lot of hoops to participate in the ICO. If they're anything like me, and were 'obliged' to buy BTC to pay for initial investments, then all this 'downtime' has done is open us to the world of other altcoins. I didn't spend a huge amount on the ICO so I'm happy to move my ETN quickly to get more BTC and now Ethereum. It's more expensive but much more stable and trustworthy of a project.
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:53:08 PM

I believe it will not fall below ICO levels, even on day one of the wallets being released.

It will drop to $0.02 imho, then once the weak hands are purged, it will go up to $0.2 to $0.3, especially with bigger exchanges.
I believe ETN team has some announcements to make too.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:58:38 PM

Many of us believed in Electroneum since the very beginning, but did we expect ALL of this?

-310,000 Registered users on the Website

-120,000 different investors (First time an ICO had over 100K investors ever)

-Telegram had to increase the group limit from 20,000 to 30,000 because of ETN

-ETN has the biggest Telegram group in the world

-Electromeum already has 10% of the size of Bitcoins userbase (3 million) prior to the Blockchain even going live

I would say it has lived up to its hype. It raised 40 Million, and the mobile mining app will come with an optional game, that will come not too long after the launch.

There are only two decimal points for ETN and those units will be called eCents, like in BTC they have 8 units past the decimal point called Satoshi. Only having 2 points instead of 8 is because the changed total coins to 21 Billion instead of 21 Million, which just makes ETN transactions more like whole numbers. For example a pizza might be 20 ETN once ETN hits a dollar, instead of .00349 BTC for the same pizza. Its more like real life, which the participants of the focus groups responded much better to.

ETN hired 10 different PR firms in 10 different languages, to promote and educate society at/after launch.

Google "Electroneum", and watch how many Electroneum Ads follow you around everywhere you go on the internet.

NO CRYPTO HAS EVER BEEN MARKETED LIKE THIS IN HISTORY, EVER!!!

ANN thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2065043.0

While i'm not part of this and i have no clue what this coin is, i have two thoughts on this. One, big holder obviously trying to draw attention to the coin he's built position on.

And secondly, it's nice to see new cryptos flourishing, despite most of those accounts are probably fake, or have a .5-1% (just guessing here), retention rate of actually being active.

neatworld

Activity: 293

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:41:23 AM

I did invest a little in the ICO but am getting soo weary of ra-ra threads like this one. Can't we just acknowledge that they bungled everything and we hope the coin will survive when (if) the wallets are released? All these analogies, these 'I believe we will be bigger than bitcoin' predictions from (mostly) newbies like me who only know what's been fed to them - a tad cultish in my opinon. Of course I personally hope it will do ok, but for a team being lauded for its transparency and media-savvy.... I would give their marketing and updating skills a C- at this point...

grimesrhymes

Activity: 161

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:49:58 AM

Electroneum once it will be launched will have to recover from this bad position it got from the delay of the launch. This is where Richard can prove himself as beeing the marketing expert se hays he is. I have all my confidence in him and his team and the best intentions of them.
I see this project as a long therm investment and for sure once it will launch the price will go to the ground and below. But once the marketing team steps in the token will moon. 1$ price is not unreacheble for them.

You are right, there first steps are going to be to have to win over investors again and survive a storm and a lot of negativity surrounding an inevitable dump from a portion of investors. If they can navigate all of that and then deliver a working product then although a long shot $1 isn't out of the question. Probably not any time soon but it's achievable. Even a price of 10c which is much more achievable would be a very satisfactory return for any investors.

benjaminoo

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 08:32:10 AM

I believe the price will drop somewhat when the ICO coins are released. These will mostly be newbies who want out or those who have invested for short-term gain. I don't see it dropping below $0.02 really, since investors won't be willing to sell at a loss. Bitcoin is now worth more than twice what it was at the end of the ICO, and therefore one would need to sell for double the ICO price to get your original Bitcoin investment back.

It is true that many people got loads of coins through the 50% bonus or through the referral bonus (I know a guy who got 900,000 coins just through referrals), but many of these early investors and referrers are typically seasoned investors who know the power of holding. So I don't see them dumping their coins too soon.

With that being said, only the first couple of dumpers will be able to sell at a profit. As more and more people sell the price will drop to a level at which selling is no longer profitable. Many people will take time to figure out how to move their coins from Electroneum's website to Cryptopia (or other exchange), and would therefore miss out on the current $0.02 - $0.03 price. So they will probably wait and sell their coins when the price rises again, which will bring the price down again.

I predict this will sort-of hamper ETN's growth in the first few months. As soon as the price rises, late dumpers will take advantage and sell their coins, which will lower the price again. But after a few months of this, the price should start picking up speed, given the huge amount of hype that this coins will generate as well as the marketing efforts of the team (remember, they raised $40 mil - probably worth $80 mil by now - for the sole purpose of marketing, translating, and developing gaming payment gateways).

So my advice... Hold your ETNs. Forget about them for a few months and come back later to see your profits.

benjaminoo

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 08:35:37 AM

I did invest a little in the ICO but am getting soo weary of ra-ra threads like this one. Can't we just acknowledge that they bungled everything and we hope the coin will survive when (if) the wallets are released? All these analogies, these 'I believe we will be bigger than bitcoin' predictions from (mostly) newbies like me who only know what's been fed to them - a tad cultish in my opinon. Of course I personally hope it will do ok, but for a team being lauded for its transparency and media-savvy.... I would give their marketing and updating skills a C- at this point...

There's really not much they can update us on at the moment. HackerOne is busy testing, so they can't improve the system in the meantime. They can't start marketing because the product is not finished. They can't even give updates on what HackerOne is finding, since any sensitive update would reveal the inner workings of the app and tell hackers exactly how to launch a second attack. For the time being, all they really can say is "HackerOne is working on it..."

contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:23:35 AM

Many of us believed in Electroneum since the very beginning, but did we expect ALL of this?

-Electromeum already has 10% of the size of Bitcoins userbase (3 million) prior to the Blockchain even going live

I would say it has lived up to its hype. It raised 40 Million, and the mobile mining app will come with an optional game, that will come not too long after the launch.

There are only two decimal points for ETN and those units will be called eCents, like in BTC they have 8 units past the decimal point called Satoshi. Only having 2 points instead of 8 is because the changed total coins to 21 Billion instead of 21 Million, which just makes ETN transactions more like whole numbers. For example a pizza might be 20 ETN once ETN hits a dollar, instead of .00349 BTC for the same pizza. Its more like real life, which the participants of the focus groups responded much better to.

ETN hired 10 different PR firms in 10 different languages, to promote and educate society at/after launch.

Google "Electroneum", and watch how many Electroneum Ads follow you around everywhere you go on the internet.

ANN thread

While i'm not part of this and i have no clue what this coin is, i have two thoughts on this. One, big holder obviously trying to draw attention to the coin he's built position on.

And secondly, it's nice to see new cryptos flourishing, despite most of those accounts are probably fake, or have a .5-1% (just guessing here), retention rate of actually being active.

Thats usually the case in crypto. I would have guessed the same thing, but they are real. The Telegram has 30,000 active users, something like 3000-6000 posts an hour. When the devs post on Facebook, they get a number of comments mirroring other groups with hundreds of thousands of users.

Make no mistake, there are no doubts that BTC will stay far and away the largest MC by far, but ETN will pass them in number of users when ETN hits 5 million + users in 2018. ETH will stay #2, but ETN will have zero issues blowing past the rest.

ETN will sit comfortably at the #3 spot on coinmarketcap
lexicon (OP)

Activity: 279

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:35:55 PM

ANN thread

Thats usually the case in crypto. I would have guessed the same thing, but they are real. The Telegram has 30,000 active users, something like 3000-6000 posts an hour. When the devs post on Facebook, they get a number of comments mirroring other groups with hundreds of thousands of users.

Make no mistake, there are no doubts that BTC will stay far and away the largest MC by far, but ETN will pass them in number of users when ETN hits 5 million + users in 2018. ETH will stay #2, but ETN will have zero issues blowing past the rest.

ETN will sit comfortably at the #3 spot on coinmarketcap

I agree and wouldn't be surprised at all, especially considering Electroneum is growing faster than bot Twitter and Facebook did at this point in there ascent.

ETN now has a million registered users, and has 200,000 mobile miners a day now

It is STILL on pace to pass Bitcoin in most number of users by the end of 2018
CharlieCox

Activity: 212

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:52:24 AM

ETN now has a million registered users, and has 200,000 mobile miners a day now

They announced 1511225 registered users Wink
lexicon (OP)

Activity: 279

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 09:30:14 PM

Add paying your cellphone bill directly with ETN to the list

And they are going into direct competition with Fiverr as well with the launch of anytasks.com
devillnj2.1

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 10:13:32 PM

electroneum is one my favorite altcoin, I wasnt able to participate in ico, because im not informed about it, im so busy with my job back then, but when I heard of it, I bought some and introduce this with my friends, I love the development of the project for giving opportunity to people to mine it thru smartphone, im really hoping ETN would be one of the top altcoin in the near future

StepChain │ A Responsible Fitness App
DrawAthens031

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 09:48:49 AM

Electronium is becoming more and more popularized day by day. The number of electronic subscribers is increasing. Maybe many people call it a scam, but I don't think it's a scam. I also trade with Electronium. And getting better.

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: