Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:25:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: we're going to be discussed at the world bank 6/14  (Read 11413 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:11:47 PM

I have to conclude that you people didn't read what I posted or understand what mining does so I'll post the important part alone. I don't usually like doing that because it positions peoples ideas out of context.

Here it is: "since they are enabling transactions for a profit."

It's not the reward that he's talking about. It's relaying transactions which do involve exchange for fiat.

I don't think anyone will argue that Bitcoin is not used in just the USA so you all can stop parroting that over and over. However, the lead dev and, in fact, many of the devs live in the USA. BitInstant and quite a few other big businesses are based in the USA. So, for the sake of argument, let's pretend that we give a shit about how the legal system in the USA is reacting toward Bitcoin. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:56:28 PM

I have to conclude that you people didn't read what I posted or understand what mining does so I'll post the important part alone. I don't usually like doing that because it positions peoples ideas out of context.

It's not the reward that he's talking about. It's relaying transactions which do involve exchange for fiat.

I don't think anyone will argue that Bitcoin is not used in just the USA so you all can stop parroting that over and over. However, the lead dev and, in fact, many of the devs live in the USA. BitInstant and quite a few other big businesses are based in the USA. So, for the sake of argument, let's pretend that we give a shit about how the legal system in the USA is reacting toward Bitcoin. Thank you.
I suppose that would be like saying the mailman is a money transmitter for carrying my checks to the utility company. You can try to interpret what FINCen is trying to say, but they haven't done a very good job of elaborating yet. There isn't any practical way to hold miners accountable for their accounting, so unless they want to be heavy handed and make an example out of someone as seems to be the practice of our land of laws, I wouldn't worry about it.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:16:44 PM

I suppose that would be like saying the mailman is a money transmitter for carrying my checks to the utility company. You can try to interpret what FINCen is trying to say, but they haven't done a very good job of elaborating yet. There isn't any practical way to hold miners accountable for their accounting, so unless they want to be heavy handed and make an example out of someone as seems to be the practice of our land of laws, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not worried about it. I stopped mining back when I stopped being able to make at least 3-5 coins a day with my setup and decided to buy coins instead.

I'm amazed that Gavin Andresen and Patrick Murck are using the fear over the new FINCen law and its effect on mining to push their agenda of lobbying Washington on behalf of TBF. The Foundation's agenda is Americentric and only stands to benefit business members in the TBF business core elite (U.S. businesses). By calling attention to the currently illegal nature of mining they are using fear to rally support for their desire to lobby. This will backfire if American support for Bitcoin wanes because miners fear legal repercussions regardless of the unlikelihood of any actual legal action against an individual. Remember, people don't refuse to lie on their taxes because they think the IRS audits 90% of the people. They do it because they want to be sure that if they are one of the 1% that are audited they aren't in trouble.

Rez

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 12:01:22 AM

just saw this on twitter
  • Ernie Allen, International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children

Hmm. What is he doing in a World Bank forum?, and look at what this site thinks of him...
http://bringvarvarahome.org/ernie_allen.php

Because BITCOIN is used to BUY AND SELL CHILDREN and WHY WON'T ANYONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!?!??!11

BITCOIN.SL Domain for Sale - ฿5.00 - Bitcoin Only - Escrow OK
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:12:45 PM

just saw this on twitter

Hmm. What is he doing in a World Bank forum?, and look at what this site thinks of him...

Because BITCOIN is used to BUY AND SELL CHILDREN and WHY WON'T ANYONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!?!??!11
You are confusing it with paedocoin after the hard fork with humantrafficoin. Mind your altcoins, Sir!

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:44:23 PM

just saw this on twitter

You are confusing it with paedocoin after the hard fork with humantrafficoin. Mind your altcoins, Sir!

lol - Those are coming right after Sexcoin and Vaginacoin.

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:50:02 PM

just saw this on twitter

(click image for link)

• Massimo Cirasino, World Bank, Financial and Private Sector Development

Speakers

• David Mills, Federal Reserve Board of Governors]
  • Emery Kober, USA Department of Treasury
  • Iddo De Jong, European Central Bank
  • Jason Thomas, Thomson Reuters

Co-Sponsored by:

• Legal Vice-Presidency and FPD Financial Infrastructure & Remittances
  • International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children

Oh man would I love to listen in on that shit!

Oh fuck. We're fucked.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:03:25 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2013, 02:21:49 AM by franky1

for those in america.. please actually give a shit about any bitcoin business which also deals with FIAT. EG Eclipse mining pool pays out in fiat. bitpay pays out in FIAT
but dont worry about bitcoin businesses that only handle bitcoin EG solo mining, bitcoin QT. and other pools services that only hand bitcoin.

now that the separation between what businesses should worry about government law. a hopeful bit of peace and calm rational thinking should happen

in the UK financial regulations it has been highlighted that the mail service although they do transfer money, have been given special circumstances to be exempt from requiring a licence.
the same i believe has happened in most regulated countries.

EDIT: indeed fincen exempts the us postal service from needing a licence
http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/definitions/exceptions.html

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 03:42:57 AM

I have an idea. Let's turn the tables on FINCen.

Since they have such a difficult time elaborating, let's help them. Besides, it's inevitable, so let's accelerate the process. The TBF could sit down side-by-side with them drafting what needs to be drafted, allowing FINCen to take it to any direction they desire. Once completed, we'll know exactly what we have to do on our part.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:53:13 AM

Since they have such a difficult time elaborating, let's help them. Besides, it's inevitable, so let's accelerate the process. The TBF could sit down side-by-side with them drafting what needs to be drafted, allowing FINCen to take it to any direction they desire. Once completed, we'll know exactly what we have to do on our part.

I think FINCen already has what they want - regulations that are so vague they can swing the hammer in any direction and hit something.

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:46:33 AM

This would help Bitcoin and Bitcoin-projects a lot.
Yes, this would be stuff I (would have) expect (-ed) TBF to work on.

Ente
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: