Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:48:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FAQ: All About Unconfirmed 0 Confirmation Transaction Fee (READ before posting!)  (Read 158722 times)
riX

Activity: 326
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:07:33 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Would there be any drawbacks to implementing nodes so that they would relay transactions they've seen before, with the only addition of extra inputs? I.e the exact same transaction but with an extra fee. Unless there's risk of blockchain spam, DoS attacks or something like that, that would be a great feature to have IMHO.

Sorry, I can't help you with your lost password.

PGP key: 0x9F31802C79642F25

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:12:49 PM
Merited by ABCbits (2)

Would there be any drawbacks to implementing nodes so that they would relay transactions they've seen before, with the only addition of extra inputs? I.e the exact same transaction but with an extra fee. Unless there's risk of blockchain spam, DoS attacks or something like that, that would be a great feature to have IMHO.

There is a plan for that, it is called "tx replacement" and it is partially complete no idea when it will be included in a release version of the client.  Obviously there are certain harmful double spend and other type of issues which need to be considered.

Another easier to implement option would be for one or more pools (HINT HINT HINT POOLS A WAY TO MAKE SOME EXTRA COINS HINT HINT HINT) to have a webform where you can supply a tx id and the pool will offer you a price (say 0.15 mBTC) to guaranteed inclusion in the next block the pool solves.  Give them the tx, send them the fee (as a new seperate tx) and BLAM your in the next block.  A "get our of limbo" card if you will.

In the interim using a 0.1 mBTC fee (or slightly higher) for ALL transactions (including high priority ones which "can" be free) is a good way to ensure you will be rapidly included in a block.  I have made about 80 tx in the last two days.  All but a few were included in the next block, the "slow" ones were included within three blocks.  Honestly it is a couple pennies and this is one instance of being penny wise and pound foolish.

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 12:41:43 AM

Another easier to implement option would be for one or more pools (HINT HINT HINT POOLS A WAY TO MAKE SOME EXTRA COINS HINT HINT HINT) to have a webform where you can supply a tx id and the pool will offer you a price (say 0.15 mBTC) to guaranteed inclusion in the next block the pool solves.  Give them the tx, send them the fee (as a new seperate tx) and BLAM your in the next block.  A "get our of limbo" card if you will.

In the interim using a 0.1 mBTC fee (or slightly higher) for ALL transactions (including high priority ones which "can" be free) is a good way to ensure you will be rapidly included in a block.  I have made about 80 tx in the last two days.  All but a few were included in the next block, the "slow" ones were included within three blocks.  Honestly it is a couple pennies and this is one instance of being penny wise and pound foolish.

lol, that's exactly what I am in need now, as I explain here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348189.0

Can someone help me with this?

I am willing to pay as much as 0.01 BTC to get my transaction included in the next block.

grue (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:10:09 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

lol, that's exactly what I am in need now, as I explain here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348189.0

Can someone help me with this?

I am willing to pay as much as 0.01 BTC to get my transaction included in the next block.

sadly, no such pool implements such a system. i also doubt any pool admin is going to go through the trouble of manually prioritising a transaction just for you.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
mikenekro

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:57:02 AM

is it normal for a transaction to be listed as unconfirmed at blockchain.info but not show up, even as unconfirmed, in your wallet?

Like this

https://blockchain.info/address/1LQ9mnhGeKsuK3MXjvjpvSmAKgJxKwdZMT
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:37:00 AM

is it normal for a transaction to be listed as unconfirmed at blockchain.info but not show up, even as unconfirmed, in your wallet?

Like this

Do you mean confirmed?  Because that's listing as 39 confirmed.  No, it isn't normal.  But I've had it happen with Multibit and it's generally fixed by resetting blockchains and transactions under Tools.
mikenekro

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:42:34 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 05:57:27 PM by mikenekro

Like this

Do you mean confirmed?  Because that's listing as 39 confirmed.  No, it isn't normal.  But I've had it happen with Multibit and it's generally fixed by resetting blockchains and transactions under Tools.

No it was unconfirmed at the time I posted it.
It went through. Turns out the escrow accidentally sent it without fees so it had to wait in line for a while lol. Went through though and everything is fine now.
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:22:21 PM

CoinMKT is telling me they sent my withdrawal to this wallet:

https://blockchain.info/address/1EbwbMgEnh4ajnQsNhqwgk7fcjCcBxMkez

but nothing is on there at all.  Could they have sent it and it's just not showing up at all?  I thought it would show up on the blockchain but just show as unconfirmed?

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:29:14 PM
Merited by ABCbits (2)

Could they have sent it and it's just not showing up at all?
Yes, of course.

I thought it would show up on the blockchain but just show as unconfirmed?

blockchain.info is not the blockchain, neither it is a full report of transactions going through the bitcoin network at any given time.
There are plenty of reasons explaining why a transaction was sent by someone and you don't see it on blockchain.info.

All these reasons are not relevant once the transaction makes it to a block, at this time you should see it within few minutes on blockchain.info as well as on every nodes. I suggest you just wait a bit, I'm 99.9999% sure that your post was made too early and you'll just say "oh, I see it now!" Smiley

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Jcw188

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:33:18 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2013, 12:18:34 AM by Jcw188

Could they have sent it and it's just not showing up at all?
Yes, of course.

I thought it would show up on the blockchain but just show as unconfirmed?

blockchain.info is not the blockchain, neither it is a full report of transactions going through the bitcoin network at any given time.
There are plenty of reasons explaining why a transaction was sent by someone and you don't see it on blockchain.info.

All these reasons are not relevant once the transaction makes it to a block, at this time you should see it within few minutes on blockchain.info as well as on every nodes. I suggest you just wait a bit, I'm 99.9999% sure that your post was made too early and you'll just say "oh, I see it now!" Smiley

THanks - I have just never had this problem before after tens of transactions.  Plus it is my first withdrawal from CoinMKT so I"m more worried than normal.

However I have been waiting 8 hours ...  Embarrassed and I paid the .0002 fee to make it go "faster."

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Jcw188

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:27:48 PM

Well, to update, it took like 9 or 10 hours but it did show up.  It was odd because I had paid and fee and everything to speed it up.  But it was the first time I just didn't see ANYTHING in my wallet, even that it was unconfirmed.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 10:59:34 PM

Well, to update, it took like 9 or 10 hours but it did show up.  It was odd because I had paid and fee and everything to speed it up.  But it was the first time I just didn't see ANYTHING in my wallet, even that it was unconfirmed.
This is likely the fault of the service not actually sending the payment until later, not delayed processing on the part of the Bitcoin network.
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 07:06:23 PM

In answer all my questions, definately a good source for beginners. "Be patient and wait." Smiley
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:49:08 AM

Not to be too repetitive, because this was suggested earlier in the thread, but this would be a good sticky. 
grue (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:56:04 PM

Does all this apply to just Bitcoin or does it apply to all wallets?   Because i tried to send a few payments using Doge wallet and a transaction fee was never applied to it now it wont show up on the doge block chain and has been sitting in wallet since last night showing unconfirmed   :Status: 0/unconfirmed
Date: 1/12/2014 12:01
To: DHdRCr6MsZDUKZ3AHm8ctq8Efv8XMpGoWW
Debit: -20500.00 DOGE
Net amount: -20500.00 DOGE
Transaction ID: 396b62c02fda41becd2814749d9cbb33957e83ab4da85d8a0973787e3730367e

any help would be awsome sucks losing 20k doges Sad
yes it does. however, each coin may have a different fee policy and/or block time. please take those variables into consideration.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Dâniel Fraga

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 12:57:45 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 01:15:03 AM by Dâniel Fraga

Someone sent me a very small donation (0.00121 BTC) without paying fees. I don't know who sent it and I know this type of transaction are rejected by miners. Take a look at it below:

Even with a low probability of confirmation, I was hoping that after a few days it could be included in a block, but Blockchain.info simply removed it (I know
the sender sent from a Blockchain.info wallet, because he added a note):

https://blockchain.info/pt/tx/3cde47ee3979a46b36bd61bdb0caf9c11dea58ac99f17fb17b95728766de70e0

Does it mean this transaction has gone forever? I mean, what exactly happened to the bitcoins sent? Are they in limbo now?

Now my bitcoin-qt shows it as Unconfirmed. Should I delete manually this transaction from my wallet?

It would be nice if the receiver could have a chance to pay the fee when the sender didn't pay any fee. For example,
I could pay a fee of 0.0001 BTC and receive 0.00121 BTC. In the end I'd have 0.00111 BTC. Better than nothing.

Dâniel Fraga

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 02:12:06 AM

It would be nice if the receiver could have a chance to pay the fee when the sender didn't pay any fee. For example,
I could pay a fee of 0.0001 BTC and receive 0.00121 BTC. In the end I'd have 0.00111 BTC. Better than nothing.

Ben Davenport answered my question in the bitcoin-devel list:

"You can create a transaction which spends the output to yourself, attaching a fee to that transaction. In order for miners to grab the transaction fee on that transaction, they would have to also mine the original transaction. Likely, you'd have to do this by hand, but software could be written to simplify doing it. No protocol changes needed.

Ben"

This is good news. It's good to know the possibility exists. We just need it implemented in the software.

rednalexa

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:25:01 PM

I have the same problem as the guy above!

ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:19:54 PM

How do I resend a transaction with extra fee?
Bitcoin-qt users:
Third party client users

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thing waiting 48-72 hours is sometimes not necessary.
If you send transaction with very low or no fees it will not propagate in the network very well. It might even get stuck after being announced to a few nodes. If you send coins again with the fee and use only the nodes that has not received your first low-fee transaction then you do not have to wait more than several minutes. Using only uninformed nodes should not be difficult as this will be majority of network (your low-fee transaction is stuck only on several nodes.)
yakuza699

Activity: 935
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:43:28 PM

How do I resend a transaction with extra fee?
Bitcoin-qt users:
Third party client users

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thing waiting 48-72 hours is sometimes not necessary.
If you send transaction with very low or no fees it will not propagate in the network very well. It might even get stuck after being announced to a few nodes. If you send coins again with the fee and use only the nodes that has not received your first low-fee transaction then you do not have to wait more than several minutes. Using only uninformed nodes should not be difficult as this will be majority of network (your low-fee transaction is stuck only on several nodes.)

I think you are right but i really want to know how to use nodes that has not received your first low-fee transaction because i sent 0.01btc from blockcain.info with 0 fee and it wasn't refunding those coins after 24hours so i decided to double-spend on my bitcoin qt 0.8.6 while it was synchronizing(about 20hours behind or so) and no active conections to the network i sent those coins and then i checked the tranasctions id on blockchain.info/tx and other blockchain explorers it sayed that tranasction dose not exist what could be wrong and why and why does this happens?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
BTC BitDice.me 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: