Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:12:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin work for online shopping?  (Read 3599 times)
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:43:43 PM

I haven't seen any shop online yet that accepts Bitcoin, i only able to buy using Bitcoin if i am going to have a deal with a fellow Bitcoin user. If you guys know wirexapp it is a virtual debit card for Bitcoin and you can exchange that Bitcoin to a Virtual Usd debit card that you can use for shopping online.
_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:51:20 PM

I haven't seen any shop online yet that accepts Bitcoin, i only able to buy using Bitcoin if i am going to have a deal with a fellow Bitcoin user. If you guys know wirexapp it is a virtual debit card for Bitcoin and you can exchange that Bitcoin to a Virtual Usd debit card that you can use for shopping online.
Yes bitcoin is working for online shopping but its are in vary few places who accepting bitcoin but as the bitcoin is going famous and getting more and more users from the whole world then the world will start accepting bitcoin for receiving payment in shops etc but it will take some time because its a big task for bitcoin to getting maximum number of bitcoin.
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:38:40 PM

When buying something only first, you need to check that rules and regulations and especially if the website is legit. We all know that sooner amazon and ebay will accept bitcoin as a payment and I think it would be the same as any other online payment or like pay-pal. If you don't receive your package or the product they will refund you on how much it costs. Example, if you buy a bot for 2 BTC  they will refund you your 2 BTC and the value of the 2 BTC doesn't matter because that's how bitcoin works its not stable and your taking the risks of using your bitcoin. You would be just very unlucky if you don't get your product.

Yes, there are several stores which already accept Bitcoin as a method of payment. Refund, as you stated, works just like any other payment system. If you don't receive the item, you get the refund. Yet I know there are some stores which don't refund if you pay with Bitcoin.

Regarding Amazon or Ebay acceptance, I think Amazon will come first. Maybe ebay will never come. Don't forget ebay owns Paypal as well, so Bitcoin is a direct competitor they are afraid to accept.

monir34

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:46:21 PM

Not in all online shopping. But maximum online shopping you can use . I think with in few day you can shopping in online every where by Bitcoin. It's time is crypto currency.  It's more easy for us to buy everything in online if Bitcoin support every where.
shahead720

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:52:02 PM

Yes it's possible in other way, Like you can use bitpay! Bitpay is a very good service for payment with bircoin. But you can't pay bitcoin directly and bitcoin will never support that.  Grin
Waleed rose

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:13:47 PM

Yes bitcoins work for online shopping in many shops and in hotel etc bitcoins is know acceptable and people do online shoping on it but their are some countries in which bitcoins is not acceptable in their shop and i hoped that in future that countries also accept bitcoins because bitcoins have alot of value in future life Cheesy. So bitcoins work for online shopping.
Agostosmori

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:47:58 PM

When you buy something on eBay or Amazon, you pay the seller, he ships the product and upload a tracking number.
If you haven't received the item, you can call eBay or Amazon and, basically, what happens is that if they have a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered, then it is ok, otherwise eBay or Amazon reverses the transaction and you get your money back.
Is that possible with bitcoin? What if I buy a boat online for 2 bitcoins and I never receive it? Is bitcoin able to solve this problem?

Thanks

If the items are not sold directly by the website then they are going to escrow the funds for you and besides part of the terms whenever you are going to sell something from their website is that you need to have a particular amount of deposit made to them first.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:53:02 PM

Obviously bitcoin can work for online shopping, now bitcoin is so popular. People use bitcoin and they want to include this in whole world. Shopping is one of those. I think some big online shopping market can not support this because bitcoin price always up and down.They don't want those money which change in day by day. But one day bitcoin will work for online shopping.

Exactly. We don't need to ask for that. Bitcoin is mainly used in online world and in online shopping ofcourse. There is no second thought on that. The main market of bitcoin is Online and since the introduction of bitcoins online shopping has increased a lot. A lot more people now intend to do shopping online just because they can pay in bitcoins which is far more easier to use than credit cards payment etc.
skylark001

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 10:57:36 AM

Bitcoin cannot be used for online shopping on Amazon/Ebay/Flipkart or many of similar platforms. As these are working as a third party service provider, their accounts are used as the escrow / project account by all individual and product seller. Product seller sells their product through sites and gets the payment through them by the individual receiver.

Using Bitcoin as payment is not possible, as it is not acceptable in all countries/ merchants/ banks. Also Bitcoin accounts are without any personal information about the holder which is a hindrance for online shopping.

Goodsamaritan

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:15:04 AM

I believe that there are websites that works like amazon which accepts bitcoins as a payment but I have not yet tried one and I am looking forward using it to do my purchase in the future. I think in japan, their government is adopting in a way that they are accepting bitcoin as a payment. This means that, maybe bitcoin will be able to do purchase not just in online shops but in local shops too.
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:40:46 AM

Yes, of course. Since BTC creates a completely transparent trading system and also it is known as  quick, easy and safe here in our country, Philippines, companies are using bitcoin as payment option. You can buy coupons for discounts using btc at Metro deal, you can shop at snoe, Mr. Delicious and many others.
polymerbatt

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:44:29 AM

When you buy something on eBay or Amazon, you pay the seller, he ships the product and upload a tracking number.
If you haven't received the item, you can call eBay or Amazon and, basically, what happens is that if they have a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered, then it is ok, otherwise eBay or Amazon reverses the transaction and you get your money back.
Is that possible with bitcoin? What if I buy a boat online for 2 bitcoins and I never receive it? Is bitcoin able to solve this problem?

Thanks

It's very possible for bitcoin to be a payment or currency on online shop and it's really suit on bitcoin though. The problem is there is no security on bitcoin, once you get scammed you can get your bitcoin back to you. I'm sure bitcoin will be accepted on online shop in the future.
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:49:03 AM

Thanks
It should be understood again that Bitcoin is the same as a money. amazon and various online shopping still save Bitcoin that has been transferred by the buyer and this is why it is necessary to explain that all transactions should still be centralized, we can send a number of Bitcoin to Amazon's wallet and it certainly can get a guarantee. this will be different when we directly send Bitcoin to seller, it can happen fraud and it is the same when we send money directly to seller. In theory this looks the same and which distinguishes only its form, Bitcoin is a form of digitizing currency.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:50:41 AM

Bitcoin was created for the online shopping idea that is why it is called global currency,but Bitcoin was not design to reverse the payment, once you send then it is done, for the security you need to hire escrow or third party to hold your funds until everything settle then you can tell the third party to release the funds

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
RavenHood

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:19:18 PM

In my opinion, yes bitcoin work for online shopping. I have heard many things that they use bitcoin as a payment. My friend also used bitcoin to pay his bills online and he also orders somethings though online. I never try it, but I use my bitcoin to buy some games into steam.
wizcoin

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:25:37 PM

Bitcoin is now being gradually accepted by some online merchants. But for now, most our private sellers who accepts it as one mode of payment. Hopefully this will work and in the future those big online shops accept this.
v_Harley

Activity: 129

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:44:05 PM

COINS in the steam and other websites can online payment, but the website is not a lot of support, personal feel COINS as a third-party payment is of great value, its versatility and portability are not legal tender can be compared.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
RakknRoll

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:09:07 PM

Everything in this world deals with technology. Since we are in modern generation, bitcoin have lots of users.
To satisfy the continuous demand of the customers and to provide a smooth transaction.
Many companies start to build an online shopping applications or websites, which promotes online currency in any means of transaction as a payment to their purchases.   
With this you can buy something you want easily.
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:23:39 PM

Yes of course. Bitcoin is a digital money where its value is in the form of inflation. Bitcoin is also a money,
but it is more flexible than the real money we are using from day by day. We can use it by purchasing items online and we can encash it.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:30:49 PM

Thanks
At present, it is not enough to buy online. But you can through some applications. It will make it easier for you to exchange. I think next time this feature will be improved.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: