Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:19:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin work for online shopping?  (Read 3599 times)
De Suga09

Activity: 352
Merit: 125

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:59:07 AM

It's not possible if you use bitcoin directly peer to peer but there are payment processors such as BitPay that will help protect against this.

https://bitpay.com/

Basically they're just like Paypal for bitcoin.

Bitcoin, an encrypticized currency that only exists on the Internet and is not subjected to anyone. Bitcoin has been predicted to either become the linchpin that completely revolutionizes how the world economy works, or could just lose the Winklevoss Twins a whole lot of their precious Facebook money when it eventually tanks.

BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:13:09 AM

Absolutely. Bitcoin is perfect for digital transaction and it's just very clear that it can work for online shopping stores. We are going to see more of it in the future and some already did.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:14:56 AM

When you buy something on eBay or Amazon, you pay the seller, he ships the product and upload a tracking number.
If you haven't received the item, you can call eBay or Amazon and, basically, what happens is that if they have a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered, then it is ok, otherwise eBay or Amazon reverses the transaction and you get your money back.
Is that possible with bitcoin? What if I buy a boat online for 2 bitcoins and I never receive it? Is bitcoin able to solve this problem?

Thanks

For some I think there are still no major players who accepts bitcoin as a form of payment. However I have heard rumors that in the deepweb bitcoin is the preffered transaction and that there are many things that can be bought there hia bitcoin
wayne_812

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:32:53 AM

yes. i certainly does. you can do online shopping even now! you can do at   www.encrpytopia.co.nz
Have a try. you will enjoy it.
eterhunter

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:38:03 AM

That is not impossible nowadays digital payment is in global market already and it is happening,if eBay and amazon can do it why not bitcoin were already moving to that kind of peer to peer transaction payment.
Dluretic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:26:08 AM

If the currency trading, then will send COINS to the platform, waiting for you to receive the goods after the platform in pay COINS to the sellers, however, poundage is too expensive, does not fit,

sabarr

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:29:55 AM

When you buy something on eBay or Amazon, you pay the seller, he ships the product and upload a tracking number.
If you haven't received the item, you can call eBay or Amazon and, basically, what happens is that if they have a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered, then it is ok, otherwise eBay or Amazon reverses the transaction and you get your money back.
Is that possible with bitcoin? What if I buy a boat online for 2 bitcoins and I never receive it? Is bitcoin able to solve this problem?

Thanks

I think if you want to deal with payments using bitcoin, should be more careful because it may be fraudulent or something harmful and no one can help us with these losses, if you want to use bitcoin as payment, better find a trusted place
ab005

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:35:01 AM

Yes there are some countries where bitcoin is a legal for any type of buying and selling in across the country.In these countries, people are using debit card of bitcoin account for also purchasing transaction. There are so many retailers are accepting bitcoin as payment base. After few years every big levels company will accept this type of payment system for future growth.
Smith871

Activity: 80
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:36:34 AM

I have not yet seen any online shops here in our country that accepts payment via bitcoin. If this happens in our country, shopping will be easy. They must first be knowledgeable about bitcoin. Yes there is a wallet application for bitcoin in our country but only a few is knowledgeable about it. We must first educate the people around us before accepting bitcoin as payments. We must also tell authorities or provide authorities the guidelines that we can say bitcoin is helpful for everyone.
jj007

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:40:14 AM

Bitcoin can absolutely work for online shopping, yes. There are many websites that accept BTC like Overstock, Alibaba, etc so you can use them there. However I do not recommend that you use your bitcoins to purchase things online right now. While it may seem very exciting BTC is not in that stage yet where it should be used for storing value for the long term.
Zebra.Guy

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:43:26 AM

Well it is not that bitcoin doesn't work for online shopping. It doesn't work at all. It is stuck. If you want to sell your assets in bitcoin you have to pay radiculous fee just to move the asset to the exchange.
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:58:28 AM

you can buy things with bitcoin in cryptopia, an there will be an ICO that have a project similiar thing that u want to see
sneeze11

Activity: 347

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:02:21 AM

Thanks

Some site for online shopping are accepting bitcoin but some are also not. Some site for online shopping accepting it because they want to have it because they know that bitcoin can help them to earn more money because there are so many people who are using bitcoin. Some site are not accepting because bitcoin is not legalized worldwide so they think that is it too risky to accept bitcoin.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:06:56 AM

When it comes to transactions there is no way you can recover you can only do that if you bought it in a company but bitcoin is a peer to peer transactions so you need to be sure that you are sending or making a transaction from a trusted person, or else your transaction is a loss case.
hassan.shakeel.rajpoot

Activity: 32
Merit: 9

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:16:04 AM

The answer is yes bitcoin is now a days used for each and every thing in life. As we know that it is very famous that’s why big shopping centers in the Asia and Europe are accepting bitcoin for shopping and because of that they reserve good amount of bitcoin. In the future the owners of these shopping centers are good traders of this currency.
Yes, I agree with you, even in middle east or  Dubai, there are ATM's for bitcoin exchange. You can buy many services online too by paying in BTC.
anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:42:54 AM

Last day I read that Amazon accepted Bitcoin as a form of payment. So you can use BTC for online shopping on Amazon. I believe that if Amazon accepts the BTC, sooner or later other e-commerce sites will accept the BTC, and BTC will become more and more popular, becoming the official currency in the near future. And for your questions about the BTC refund when buying any product, I believe the future of BTC technology will allow people to trade with each other more easily, not as secure as the present time.  Grin

jaka331

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:59:11 PM

Bitcoin was useful for online shopping, but recently the transaction costs are too high. And sites that were supporting BTC payments are removing it...
blckhawk

Activity: 1540
Merit: 334

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:13:27 PM

Well for now paying for things online now with bitcoin hasn't started but I believe the platform will surely be opened soon and it will be well planned to take care of every online payment lapses
Indeed, there's only few online shop that accept bitcoin as payment world wide and unfortunately we don't have that kind of shop here in my country so that you should convert it fist into your local currency or international currency whic is us dollar. If bitcoin becomes popular I am sure that someday there will be a online shop that accept bitcoin as payment.
BumbleBeast27

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:14:38 PM

I'm sure countries like Japan have them, but it's not yet present in all markets around the world. I'm pretty positive that sooner or later businesses will adapt to this.
Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:16:10 PM

I haven't tried this yet but I'm using bitcoin to buy mobile phone load and sending money to other person. It's very convenient

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: