Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:34:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin work for online shopping?  (Read 3599 times)
HBT_HE

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:26:05 AM

Yes, I think bitcoin can actually be used as a currency for online trading. It has its uniqueness.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:27:03 AM

Well yes! because you can access bitcoin through online, so it is also used as online shopping. There are malls all over the world accept bitcoin as a payment, aside from that it is also used in all transactions, so these currency really work and accepted by malls or other company.
No, according to my experience i have no seen such a mall or any other place who are accepting bitcoin as online payment still because still bitcoin have not get such a big population from the world so that mall or shop start accepting bitcoin. But yes its true that world will start payment in BTC soon because BTC is getting more and more customers in quick rate.
BabyBoss

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:35:00 AM

Well yes! because you can access bitcoin through online, so it is also used as online shopping. There are malls all over the world accept bitcoin as a payment, aside from that it is also used in all transactions, so these currency really work and accepted by malls or other company.
No, according to my experience i have no seen such a mall or any other place who are accepting bitcoin as online payment still because still bitcoin have not get such a big population from the world so that mall or shop start accepting bitcoin. But yes its true that world will start payment in BTC soon because BTC is getting more and more customers in quick rate.
Yes because of the low of transaction in about bitcoin matters. I think the online store are need more some cash than bitcoin there are online shop that are cash on delivery where there are more people wants like this kind of transaction for being assured of what they get items. Because their are some people needs assurance before giving money. So I think there are no yet pnline stores getting bitcoin as payments. And I think they will do it if the bitcoin really exposed.
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:46:42 AM

i heard Amazon is in consideration to accept Bitcoin and Etherum and Litecoin by coming next year most probably. if amazon accept it will change the world of shopping to new multi billion dollar market with decentralized shopping
Puroc

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:02:22 PM

Yes....
One of online wallet can convert your bitcoin into other currency so you can shop online....
Chakitot

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:04:29 PM

My friends never try it before....
But they say you can convert your bitcoin to the currency you need and you can use it for shopping.... Even online
Febriana98

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:10:50 PM

When you buy something on eBay or Amazon, you pay the seller, he ships the product and upload a tracking number.
If you haven't received the item, you can call eBay or Amazon and, basically, what happens is that if they have a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered, then it is ok, otherwise eBay or Amazon reverses the transaction and you get your money back.
Is that possible with bitcoin? What if I buy a boat online for 2 bitcoins and I never receive it? Is bitcoin able to solve this problem?

Thanks
I still do not think Bitcoin can be made in the online store payment, may Amazon find the most appropriate way for Cryptocurrency can be made in their online store...
canadian1980

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:17:23 PM

Yes bitcoin work for online shopping but the process is hectic. You will be dependent on the middle person / source like pay pual / amazone or e-bay before you get the item. Therefore, normally is hard to pay with bitcoin.
teejaymuna

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 12:20:51 PM

Oh yes it does. I just shipped online for a PlayStation and it was smooth and easy.
android17

Activity: 259
Merit: 76

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:28:07 PM

When you buy something on eBay or Amazon, you pay the seller, he ships the product and upload a tracking number.
If you haven't received the item, you can call eBay or Amazon and, basically, what happens is that if they have a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered, then it is ok, otherwise eBay or Amazon reverses the transaction and you get your money back.
Is that possible with bitcoin? What if I buy a boat online for 2 bitcoins and I never receive it? Is bitcoin able to solve this problem?

Thanks

First of all why does Bitcoin is responsible for that transaction? you only use bitcoin as a payment. if you don't received your ordered product, eBay or Amazon will be the one who is responsible for that. The best thing to do is to pay it whenever it is being delivered already to you. It is just by scanning his/her QR code. It is more safe if we do that this way.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:32:51 PM

base on what i have research or read yes bitcoin works for online shopping it has methods to follo. but i never tried or done bitcoin for online shopping but i have wallet that can convert bitcoin in our own money and i used it to buy load,pay bills and transfer money to bank..it made my life easier paying my bills paying through online since i don't have someone can help me at our house and i am the only one who took good care of my kids..
Hmei777

Activity: 119

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:02:07 PM

of course because bitcoin is very helpful in online transactions.
Hmei777

Activity: 119

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:12:24 PM

My friends never try it before....
But they say you can convert your bitcoin to the currency you need and you can use it for shopping.... Even online
that's true because bitcoin can be redeemed into any currency. so bitcoin is very helpful
prieaji

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:21:56 PM

bitcoin is designed for online shopping and so on, even every day bitcoin is used in human life. we already know that shopping centers accept snacks, so they keep a good amount of bitcoin in them.
hndrk10

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

Sharpay - Share Button with Blockchain Profit

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 01:27:25 PM

Thanks

Yes, this is possible with Bitcoin. Only that it will affect the seller, in a certain way. Amazon/eBay can act as an escrow service as well. Amazon/eBay will keep the Bitcoin until both sides confirm they received the package, else, the money will be returned. More than that, Amazon has a contract with the sellers, therefor they know who received the money and if they refuse to pay it back, they can sue them and send them to jail for not paying it back.

Share Button With Blockchain Profit    ●   SHARPAY.io   ●   Globally Top 1 Active ICO on ICObench
██████████████             TOKEN SALE BONUS 40%   BUY NOW  ◄             ██████████████
ANN THREAD      TELEGRAM      FACEBOOK      TWITTER      MEDIUM      REDDIT      WHITEPAPER
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:38:49 PM

You can shop at Overstock with Bitcoin.  They're a reputable retailer.

They're also having an ICO where they expect to raise $500 million:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2324406

$500 million? What will they use it for? Just like money collector.

Anyway, about bitcoin will reverse to you, i dont think it can be like that. It can not be reversed. The only one that can give your money back is the shop.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:39:39 PM

Thanks

Yes, this is possible with Bitcoin. Only that it will affect the seller, in a certain way. Amazon/eBay can act as an escrow service as well. Amazon/eBay will keep the Bitcoin until both sides confirm they received the package, else, the money will be returned. More than that, Amazon has a contract with the sellers, therefor they know who received the money and if they refuse to pay it back, they can sue them and send them to jail for not paying it back.
I think its yes and as what I have know today it is already happening. Some online shopping sites are now accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment, and some online shops are made to use bitcoin as a payment system. And I think it was a great deal and a great opportunity to bitcoin.
MIZANUR5033

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:22:24 PM

There are some country which are well known about bitcoin and give the exchange of money by accepting bitcoin. They will check and verify that but most of the country will not accept it so there you can not use bitcoin for online shopping.
Some online site like Amazon and eBay receive coins at advance and hold the buyers' bitcoin before giving them to the seller until you receive the item but you have to pay money and the will return bitcoin after you have paid that.
Usually, you can not use it at most of the online shopping site.

cryptokudi

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:28:44 PM

Well, if the transaction has been made, we all know that it will not be undone anymore unlike bank payments or other forms of fiat payments. But if you are dealing with a legitimate seller and you have not come into an agreement that would be beneficial to the two of you, then perhaps you will decide together that he will return your bitcoins. The point here is that you should be careful of the wallet and the owner of the wallet. Because there is no such thing as second chance once a mistake has been committed.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:32:14 AM

Thanks
I think you don't know much about shopping sites system for reverse of transaction , reverse in transaction is not possible in almost every services by the users ( only PayPal like system and another banking sector can reverse by banks only not by user ) .
In Actual practice to reverse the transaction they send money in your wallet , not reverse .
Here the same thing can happen easily with bitcoin but I am sure that if deals will not done then surely buyers and sellers both of them will get loss of money by the transaction fee of 2-3$ easily .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████