Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:56:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin work for online shopping?  (Read 3599 times)
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:02:51 AM

Big shopping centers in the Asia and Europe are accepting bitcoin for shopping and because of that they reserve good amount of bitcoin. In the future the owners of these shopping centers are good traders of this currency.

The thing is if something went wrong in your online shopping, is bitcoin reversible? I think it's not, unless you are shopping in an online shop where they really cater bitcoin as payment and they have such term that if something went wrong they will return your bitcoin and you won't have a problem, just like how paypal works.

If there is a payment processor who can do that and willing to do it, then I think we should encourage everyone to use it as it will protect the consumers from scammers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joymarker

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:20:59 AM

When you buy something on eBay or Amazon, you pay the seller, he ships the product and upload a tracking number.
If you haven't received the item, you can call eBay or Amazon and, basically, what happens is that if they have a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered, then it is ok, otherwise eBay or Amazon reverses the transaction and you get your money back.
Is that possible with bitcoin? What if I buy a boat online for 2 bitcoins and I never receive it? Is bitcoin able to solve this problem?

Thanks
Sedangkan di dalam perdagangan Bitcoin itu jauh lebih mirip jual beli barang online yaitu adanya BUY dan SELL. BUY artinya benar-benar membeli barang berupa ...
opeanis

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:22:29 AM

Coinbase works slightly different from most Bitcoin buying/selling online wallets in that it actually backs the real funds in your preferred currency immediately, while the bitcoin transaction itself is only registered several days later.
Verona25

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:20:05 AM

Altcoin Bitcoin does not matter the main thing that you can earn money on the crypto currency.
Evelyn Abramson

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:54:52 AM

A lot of stores in my country use it. I also use BTC for shopping sometimes, mostly for Steam  Smiley
Rhoby10

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:00:17 AM

It's not possible if you use bitcoin directly peer to peer but there are payment processors such as BitPay that will help protect against this.

https://bitpay.com/

Basically they're just like Paypal for bitcoin.
Well i dont think so to having a online shopping from bitcoin as a newbie all the things in bitcoin is i dont know, because im starting now used bitcoin. Well bitcoin is a very nice work you peromote this oppurtunity to us because its very nice and blessed oppurtunity
keykey1

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:02:35 AM

Well, it really depends on the seller isn't it? What if that seller or services have a feature of bitcoin transaction or "We accept Bitcoin" as payment? Then its a fact that they are using bitcoin for online shopping. It all depends on the company, whether they accept it or not. The problem is, whether this company compensate for the loss or the scamming of Item online, whether you can have a rebate or Are they the one who will pay for the loss.

It always depends on the seller! Many of them even take ONLY Bitcoins as they earn cryptocurrency exactly this way. After getting some BTC they start trading and getting additional profit. It works!
Painbird

Activity: 552
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:47:34 PM

Yes it is. Bitcoin are using for online shopping its normal thing.I have seen many online shop are accepting btc.I hope one day will come when no one will use flat money they will use digital currency. So not only online shopping but also there every transaction will be on bitcoin.

amzad

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:12:23 PM

while this may not matter all that much when shopping on a website for something that will take a week to ship, it’s far too long to be a viable solution for checkout counters mobbed with hundreds of voracious shoppers during the holiday rush. This is where a third-party would need to come in and foot the bill while both sides of the equation settle up the final amounts on the backend in order to reduce the transaction delay from 10 minutes to under 10 seconds.
Thefrolly

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:37:14 PM

Bitcoin transactions are irreversible so there isn't much you can do after you have sent the payment. But you can use an escrow service to prevent yourself from fraud or only buy from trust worthy web stores.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
wudackprod

Activity: 1316
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:00:22 PM

When you buy something on eBay or Amazon, you pay the seller, he ships the product and upload a tracking number.
If you haven't received the item, you can call eBay or Amazon and, basically, what happens is that if they have a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered, then it is ok, otherwise eBay or Amazon reverses the transaction and you get your money back.
Is that possible with bitcoin? What if I buy a boat online for 2 bitcoins and I never receive it? Is bitcoin able to solve this problem?

Thanks
If you can’t buy with bitcoin you can change some btc for fiat and sell this money at once on payment bill. I always do all my purchases with this way. I began to notice that more and more websites and online stores start to accept btc and eth, and I think it's a huge progress, it's good!
George Khelashvili

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Yes, btc is working for online shopping
bigbangmother

Activity: 74
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:54:04 PM

Yes. Why not? You can access bitcoin through online, so it is also used as online shopping. There are shops all over the world accept bitcoin as a payment. BTC really work.  Wink
fiend91

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:12:14 PM

Yes of course, there are some online shops that accept payments via bitcoin, for example ebay, amazon and some other big online shop, but personally I myself do not use bitcoin to shop there, I used to buy steam wallet using bitcoin, more or less the same
FrontierObscura

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 12:15:41 PM

Yes of course, there are some online shops that accept payments via bitcoin, for example ebay, amazon and some other big online shop, but personally I myself do not use bitcoin to shop there, I used to buy steam wallet using bitcoin, more or less the same

What? no ebay and amazon does not accept bitcoin.
planingkoala

Activity: 90
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:21:50 PM

And this is really a pity. Do you thing that there are chances that in a future it will be possible to pay with Bitcoins on Ebay or on Amazon or on both big online shops?
rooney567

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:50:39 PM

I haven't tried this yet but I'm using bitcoin to buy mobile phone load and sending money to other person. It's very convenient
Hughesy26

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:23:03 PM

And this is really a pity. Do you thing that there are chances that in a future it will be possible to pay with Bitcoins on Ebay or on Amazon or on both big online shops?

There have been rumors that Amazon are going to accept Litecoin, but months later nothing has been announced so I suspect it was just someone trying to push up the price of LTC

Others have speculated that Amazon/ebay may just create their own tokens. There hasn't been any confirmation of this though.

I'm personally very excited about bitcoin (or any alt, really) being accepted buy big retailers. One of the common criticisms from the uninitiated is 'Bitcoin has no value, you can't use it for anything'. Whilst it's easy to counter this criticism currently, I don't think it would even come up again if the likes of Amazon accepted it!

❤ MEDICcoin ❤ Discordapp.com/invite/nRAzp4d ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤
planingkoala

Activity: 90
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:58:05 PM

Thank you very much for your answers! So let's see what in fact will happen regarding cryptocurrencies and Amazon, Ebay etc.. But I also think that an own cryptocurrency of Amazon would be a good solution. Perhaps it also would be possible to buy the cryptocurrency with Bitcoins...  Grin
khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:08:01 PM

Thanks

Definitely, now Bitcoin accepted many online shopping center i know.Not only online shopping also Hotel,Restaurants,Air force ambassador & others many important platform accepted Bitcoin i think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  All
  Print  

Jump to: