Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:28:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin Moderated  (Read 5357 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 03:27:28 PM

Well I'm not going to argue with you.

I think you are trying to swim upstream though. I think when you represent a community,  it is always better to go with the majority opinion. though.

glendall: those are wise words.  Words I hope FinShaggy takes to heart very soon.

Because I will continue to argue, until the false claims by FinShaggy are removed from the devcoin wiki.

Just wait till someone that knows what they are talking about replies. I've only been here for 2 months, but I know I'm right. So I know someone has the info.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:28:02 PM

I think you are trying to swim upstream though. I think when you represent a community,  it is always better to go with the majority opinion. though.

glendall: those are wise words.  Words I hope FinShaggy takes to heart very soon.

Because I will continue to argue, until the false claims by FinShaggy are removed from the devcoin wiki.

If you want to see an official opinion, send a pm to Unthinkingbit. I think he has the final word in things like this, so it may go further.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 03:30:40 PM

If you want to see an official opinion, send a pm to Unthinkingbit. I think he has the final word in things like this, so it may go further.

Yeah, send it straight to him. Let him know I said DVC has been worth $10, and that you want it edited. I'm pretty sure he's the one that even told me that it was $10, and he even knew the name of the guy that made it happen (or at least the username). If it wasn't unthinkingbut that told me, it was Jasinlee or Markm or someone. It was like 2 months ago on the old Devcoin thread if you want to look it up.

emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:38:21 PM

Yeah, send it straight to him. Let him know I said DVC has been worth $10, and that you want it edited. I'm pretty sure he's the one that even told me that it was $10, and he even knew the name of the guy that made it happen (or at least the username). If it wasn't unthinkingbut that told me, it was Jasinlee or Markm or someone. It was like 2 months ago on the old Devcoin thread if you want to look it up.

You still not understand. It's not that important devcoin REALLY OR NOT reach a 10$ high price, but it is an insane price now for devcoin, and promoting devcoin by such a price is not so wise that people will think us just pumpers, and it's do no good (i don't say 'harm' because i'm not sure) for us the whole community.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 03:41:30 PM

You still not understand. It's not that important devcoin REALLY OR NOT reach a 10$ high price, but it is an insane price now for devcoin, and promoting devcoin by such a price is not so wise that people will think us just pumpers, and it's do no good (i don't say 'harm' because i'm not sure) for us the whole community.

No YOU'RE not getting it. I am not "promoting it by such a price", I am stating facts about its history.

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:45:01 PM

Ok FinShaggy. At the very least then, I think your statement than puts the onus on you to show when Devcoin was worth 10$ then. You made the statement, so it is fair that you be the one to find proof of this.

If you can't find the proof, absolutely no reason not to remove the claim.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:45:44 PM

Fin, the spike on 21st april was 0.000006 dvc/btc. The high in btc on that day was 130.50, so highest case scenario then is 130.50 x 0.000006 = $0.00078
(when btc hit its high (10th april) of 266, the high in dvc on that day was 0.000002, so highest could have been $0.0005)

The chart uses mBTC so you need to divide by 1000.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 03:50:34 PM

Ok FinShaggy. At the very least then, I think your statement than puts the onus on you to show when Devcoin was worth 10$ then. You made the statement, so it is fair that you be the one to find proof of this.

If you can't find the proof, absolutely no reason not to remove the claim.

I don't need proof, I'm just waiting for the person that told me to show up. It's one of the Devcoin OGs.

alex0909

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:04:49 PM

Well in my opinion, as a member of the community i understand what finshaggy is trying to do, at least he promotes devcoin on bitcointalk, and he is active in the forums, that is only a benefit to the community.

I am repeating what many people say, we should start some websites that allow content/goods to be bought/sold with devcoin, i have a few ideas, when i have time i will share them here or i will pm weisoq Smiley

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 04:09:00 PM

Well in my opinion, as a member of the community i understand what finshaggy is trying to do, at least he promotes devcoin on bitcointalk, and he is active in the forums, that is only a benefit to the community.

I am repeating what many people say, we should start some websites that allow content/goods to be bought/sold with devcoin, i have a few ideas, when i have time i will share them here or i will pm weisoq Smiley

I am currently working on that, I just have to get some goods.
As well as a DVC "Pay Per Appearance" video game service. (how it works) Play with me on Xbox live, I will be recording my games, so I will pay you for your cameo.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:10:38 PM

I am currently working on that, I just have to get some goods.
As well as a DVC "Pay Per Appearance" video game service. (how it works) Play with me on Xbox live, I will be recording my games, so I will pay you for your cameo.

I'd take you up on this if I had a 360, :p. Sounds like an awesome idea!

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:33:12 PM

Great initiative to have a moderated Devcoin thread which will eliminate spam.

The old thread was a bounty of solid DVC information until recently it's a shame it degenerated so.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:37:34 PM

Agreed, moderated thread is good idea.

Next good idea:  clean the devcoin wiki of all the pumping falsehoods added by FinShaggy.

While I understand where you're coming from, I seriously think it would be better to leave the decision of this argument up to Unthinkingbit. The back-and-forth banter going on here, I'm sure, is not helping anything. If anything, it's making things look worse to outsiders that may otherwise be interested in getting involved with DVC.

Unthinkingbit (OP)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:58:32 PM

Fin, the spike on 21st april was 0.000006 dvc/btc. The high in btc on that day was 130.50, so highest case scenario then is 130.50 x 0.000006 = $0.00078
(when btc hit its high (10th april) of 266, the high in dvc on that day was 0.000002, so highest could have been $0.0005)

The chart uses mBTC so you need to divide by 1000.

I agree, thanks for looking back at the chart and doing the calculations. The spike to 0.000006 dvc/btc was really brief, so the highest devcoin price for a day was around 0.0005$, the day btc hit its high.

Devcoins were traded at around 10$, for a very brief time, but that was a fat finger trade. For some reason a trader accidentally bought devcoins at a high price. I don't know why they did it, it may of been because they accidentally bought devcoins instead of bitcoins, maybe they didn't know devcoins are generated at one thousand times the bitcoin rate. Whatever the reason, that was not a true market price, just a glitch.

soma13

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:12:11 PM

It's nice to see devcoins getting some attention for the past couple of months.  I've read a majority of the other thread, but there's a lot to wade through.  I don't know if it's been suggested, but I'd like to see a bounty for a Devcoin based freelance job site along the lines of http://www.reddit.com/r/Jobs4bitcoins.  Also, has anyone thought of recruiting donatees.  For instance the Awesome window manager and F-Droid FOSS app market already accept bitcoin donations and i think they should be eligible for devcoin shares as well.  Likely other free software projects would be interested in accepting devcoin donations too.  While the immediate effects would be dilution of the share pool and probably dumping for bitcoins, in the long term it would raise devcoin awareness, and bitcoin as well if non bitcoin users were recruited for devcoin share donations.
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:17:14 PM

Agreed, moderated thread is good idea.

Next good idea:  clean the devcoin wiki of all the pumping falsehoods added by FinShaggy.

You may be interested in the following thread on devcointalk where we discuss something related (how to avoid users spamming the site with useless information).

Not intended as a criticism towards FinShaggy or anyone else; merely a pointer to further related discussion. It's a delicate issue whenever someone wants content from a community-driven site removed, doubly so when money is involved...
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:06:16 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 08:39:28 PM by jasinlee

We are making an explanation video for Devcoin as a whole.
We'll make an animation video with an voice over. (Kinda like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo )
Do we have a final devcoin logo to use that is voted upon? Or can we push that vote up to now if possible.

Needs Clarification:
  • Marticps does the animation, but needs a script, if someone is proficient at script writing please stand up.
    If someone already started a script who is it so we can mark you down.
  • There is a small bounty available for producing a video, but considering that the rules dont really allow for expanding on it, we are asking for pledged donations for marticps as this is a monumental task and very important step to building up devcoin.
  • There was not a certain date set for the video to be produced, but I am sure the bitcoin education site would like to have it sooner rather than later.
    I am planning on doing the voice over for free for the video.

Any comments please discuss.[/size]

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
tom_o

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:17:39 PM

For some reason my username wasn't on the round 24 csv file. No shares or anything. Did I do something wrong? I've PMed unthinkingbit but no reply yet, don't want to get left out on this!

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:tom

EDIT:
And something I found quite concerning; it seeds to be possible to go onto another user's page and edit the coin payment address. obviously I didn't click save but is this not a huge oversight in security? I doubt everyone checks their own payout address regularly, using a vanity address generator it wouldn't be too hard to imitate the first few characters to make it look similar!
marticps

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 08:46:26 PM

We are making an explanation video for Devcoin as a whole.
We'll make an animation video with an voice over. (Kinda like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo )
Do we have a final devcoin logo to use that is voted upon? Or can we push that vote up to now if possible.

Needs Clarification:
  • Marticps does the animation, but needs a script, if someone is proficient at script writing please stand up.
    If someone already started a script who is it so we can mark you down.
  • There is a small bounty available for producing a video, but considering that the rules dont really allow for expanding on it, we are asking for pledged donations for marticps as this is a monumental task and very important step to building up devcoin.
  • There was not a certain date set for the video to be produced, but I am sure the bitcoin education site would like to have it sooner rather than later.
    I am planning on doing the voice over for free for the video.

Any comments please discuss.

Only a few points:
The video should be about 15 minutes. I find it maybe too long.
My skills can't do something as the video jasinlee posted, don't expect that please. I try to do something simple but pretty (https://mega.co.nz/#!Zp8TBCSQ!HsgP-z2rdA3rzy0c28TP20K7b6NOdmgbsb46p4QfHbw (Flash required, I hope fonts are embedded)).
I will do the animation in function of the script. It'd be better to record the off-voice before or to add timing at the script, in order to make the video and the audio fit in a proper way.

Thanks

BTC: 1D8PbvnLDrfEC78Q7fbiqxvdm7kML4hiqT | DVC: 1GftqKkDcjAQzQT9544vzyPBYBY8FL6qQy
Share and grow: Creative Commons, Copyleft | Earn Devcoins by Writing
weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:25:15 PM

$10 reference - I assumed that and all refs to $ figures had already been removed by Fin?

The video logo - a vote would be good. I like marticps logo and button fwiw. jasinlee/marticps - have you come up with a payment for the work? When you have I'll donate.

Tom - to delete the message just hit 'edit this page', delete the text, save. Unthinkingbit shoudl get back to you soon, esp as he messaged you which is probably about your dvc address
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: