Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 10:16:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟 [ANN][AIRDROP]Genesis Coin | Fast. Secure. Flexible | Airdrop FINAL ROUND 🌟  (Read 55880 times)
bballmike156

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:46:47 PM

Joined your telegram group and retweeted/followed on twitter. Really interesting idea with the coin, I like that transactions will be sent and confirmed within 15 seconds, one question (may be a noob question) what exactly is the SafeMath code and how does it prevent overflows? Looking forward to the project, thanks in advance dev's
Genesis_Dev

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 10:10:53 PM

Joined your telegram group and retweeted/followed on twitter. Really interesting idea with the coin, I like that transactions will be sent and confirmed within 15 seconds, one question (may be a noob question) what exactly is the SafeMath code and how does it prevent overflows? Looking forward to the project, thanks in advance dev's

Hello,

Thanks for your question Smiley

I'll try to give an answer as simply as I can.

Basically an overflow occurs when a value is attempted to be created that is outside either the maximum or minimum specified value. Token contracts including Genesis use the uint256 type to store values such as account balances, transfer amounts etc. Of course, you wouldn't want a value created outside of the specified values and if it does happen, it can really screw up the program/app/contract etc that you're using, making is less secure and unreliable. Not good.

The SafeMath code, thanks to OpenZeppelin, is used in a lot of contracts to prevent overflows from occurring. It does that as it basically checks each operation to make sure that the value isn't outside of the specified value in the contract. If it does, it stops the execution by throwing it meaning that nothing will be executed on the contract and therefore nothing happens. Without it, there's a chance that it doesn't throw and that's when it can cause problems.

Here is the code from Zeppelin if you wanted it Smiley https://github.com/OpenZeppelin/zeppelin-solidity/blob/master/contracts/math/SafeMath.sol

majonero

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:17:15 PM

I just missed the first round, but hope in the second I will be more lucky.
DraGonD

Activity: 416
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:50:06 PM

Interesting project that has potential to do well with what looks like a professional dev. It seems to have positive feed back from members.
I will keep an eye and hope it does well in the future when the development begins.
Good luck dev.
URCRYPTOKNIGHT

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:01:43 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your question Smiley

I'll try to give an answer as simply as I can.

Basically an overflow occurs when a value is attempted to be created that is outside either the maximum or minimum specified value. Token contracts including Genesis use the uint256 type to store values such as account balances, transfer amounts etc. Of course, you wouldn't want a value created outside of the specified values and if it does happen, it can really screw up the program/app/contract etc that you're using, making is less secure and unreliable. Not good.

The SafeMath code, thanks to OpenZeppelin, is used in a lot of contracts to prevent overflows from occurring. It does that as it basically checks each operation to make sure that the value isn't outside of the specified value in the contract. If it does, it stops the execution by throwing it meaning that nothing will be executed on the contract and therefore nothing happens. Without it, there's a chance that it doesn't throw and that's when it can cause problems.

Here is the code from Zeppelin if you wanted it Smiley https://github.com/OpenZeppelin/zeppelin-solidity/blob/master/contracts/math/SafeMath.sol

Thank you for that explaination, now we noobs understand it a little more better. hopefully we can be a part of that 16.000.000 token supply.

wforwork

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:07:15 PM

Good project , followed twitter and finished retweet , hope more people will know this project
andronikos

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:10:53 PM

I like the fact you look so organized. Congrats
James_nz_007

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:11:13 PM

Looks Godly.
spetalkuhfie

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:07:28 AM

I think bitfinex would be a good exchange for this token!

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pairinpay

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:18:00 AM

Second Airdrop: 2,250,000 Genesis Coins (October 31 @ 6PM UK-TIME) [750 people receiving 3000 Genesis Coins each]

RESERVED.
Maxfieldr

Activity: 185

Crypto_Pugz

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:34:39 AM

Looks like a great project! Any social media bounties to join? Genesis is a great name for crypto too!

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:45:54 AM

such as an interesting project, I can use this token for transactions to another marketplace quickly, what is the advantage I have this token for the future, is there a system like PoS?  Smiley

Hello,

There is no PoS, there are only 16 million coins and that's it.

16 million is the initial supply or total max supply? because lately a lot of tokens that say supply only a little bit,  but in the end they change it  Embarrassed I just wondering a project like this be consistent with what is created  Roll Eyes

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:49:51 AM

Hi Bounty Manager,

I already follow the rules for the second airdrop unfortunately the form is still lock. Hope to be included in the list . Thanks
whoeier

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 04:04:30 AM

Was looking for a roadmap for 2018, but it seems that is to be announced.. Oh well the current one for 2017 looks like the marketing part of the coin is going at full speed.

Want to win XTZ & a ledger? Follow the link and join the campaign: https://bit.ly/2PSh8HN
Yes that is a referral.. no I don't earn from this, Yes I do compete in the same campaign.
zopply

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:09:31 AM

I like your twitter page graphics. Re-tweeted a lot of your posts and did a bit of advertising on other social media too. Put a link on my fb crypto group i run also. Let's get this projects name widespread!

▼ DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:14:10 AM

I am the developer of Genesis and will be able to answer any questions along with llyfee regarding the airdrop, Genesis etc Smiley

We moved to this new thread to allow us to include the signature bounties as well as add in some images and more information.

The old thread can be found here, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2291834.0, incase anyone wanted to see any previous posts.

Greetings, and good luck to your new venture. Could you tell us a bit more about the Genesis project that you hint at in the first post? I generally just ignore all of these airdrops, save the odd one here and there, but perhaps it was the name or the way the post was written, that made me wonder.

We can sidestep the "main advantages" of the coin (faster than Bitcoin etc.) simply because these are not unique features. Just one question:

1. What's Genesis going to be about? If it's interesting, tell us so more people will participate in the airdrop!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:24:41 AM

the amount of supply is very good , also we need only 15sec to do the transaction it's pretty thing .
good luck
zeepaw

Activity: 351
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:14:08 AM

pollow twitter and joinned telegram I will support this project  Smiley
boyrocky

Activity: 212

“The Internet of Sovereignty”

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:40:43 AM

counting so much on this coin to be successful and be traded across the globe. this will be a flag bearer in the years to come. get on board!!

Genesis_Dev

Activity: 138

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 10:02:01 AM

I am the developer of Genesis and will be able to answer any questions along with llyfee regarding the airdrop, Genesis etc Smiley

We moved to this new thread to allow us to include the signature bounties as well as add in some images and more information.

The old thread can be found here, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2291834.0, incase anyone wanted to see any previous posts.

Greetings, and good luck to your new venture. Could you tell us a bit more about the Genesis project that you hint at in the first post? I generally just ignore all of these airdrops, save the odd one here and there, but perhaps it was the name or the way the post was written, that made me wonder.

We can sidestep the "main advantages" of the coin (faster than Bitcoin etc.) simply because these are not unique features. Just one question:

1. What's Genesis going to be about? If it's interesting, tell us so more people will participate in the airdrop!

Hello and thanks for your question Smiley

As well as being used as a currency, that requires some merchant adoption which we are aware of and will work towards, we are looking into building a platform/app that makes use of Genesis Coin as its currency. Right now I'm looking into creating a voting App for Genesis which would serve two purposes.

Firstly it would allow everyone who holds Genesis Coins to have a vote on a number of different matters relating to the coin and the project. Community is central is us and it's important the community has a meaningful voice.

Not only that, but the app could be expanded to allow other users to run their own votes, other projects, coins etc. So there's some flexibility there.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: