Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:48:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Token in MyEtherWallet is Missing  (Read 764 times)
CryptoNewsIndo (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 04:46:01 PM

What can make a token in MEW disappear?
lately i heard from some friends that he lost the token at MEW, he said that he had entered on the right site ie https://www.myetherwallet.com/

which is happening is exposed to phishing, is there any other cause besides phishing?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:50:42 PM

If his etherwallet has been compromised, the token could have been transferred or sold. But he can still see it in his transactions. There is no other way a token can be moved out of your wallet. He should check if there are transactions made. If there are transactions that he did not do, then he should discard the wallet and create a new one.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:59:00 PM

lately i heard from some friends that he lost the token at MEW, he said that he had entered on the right site ie https://www.myetherwallet.com/

which is happening is exposed to phishing, is there any other cause besides phishing?

It is not that tokens are being stolen everytime. Due to excessive load on MEW server, they added a restriction. To view all balance, you need to click "Load All Tokens". In meantime, it's best to view your wallet on etherscan.io or Ethplorer. If you still don't see tokens on your address on either of these, is simply mean your wallet is compromised. No fault of MEW.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:04:20 PM

Check whether it has been hacked your tokens from your ethereum wallet. If you still find that you do have an any issues in the transaction from your wallet and missed your coins and tokens.
You need to check the wallet support to know what is the issue.
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:40:49 PM

You can check your transaction history in mylllllllllet if you have logged in to its correct address if a transaction has forwarded your token number indicating who your account is. go in and out, not myetherwallet rogue, and if you do not have any transactions please send support to myeth we should calm down to solve everything you should not say that myeth is trick Islands will affect their prestige

Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:44:01 PM

Is the token really being transferred to another ETH address? You can check ETH explorer to see whether there is any transfer history.

If the token is still in your friend ETH wallet address, he just has to load token to see the token.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

Didin

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:49:50 PM

hope he didn't log in with phishing link,
so the private key is recorded by that link,,
remember the responsiblity of my ether wallet account is in our hands so be careful

Sonata.ai      The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────               JOIN WHITELIST               ──────────

WHITEPAPER      ●      FACEBOOK      ●      TWITTER      ●      LINKEDIN      ●      TELEGRAM      ●      MEDIUM      ●      ANN THREAD
Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:52:39 PM

You guys should keep your keys secured especially myetherwallet digital file. I Never experience such cases but I do keep them safe and by installing good anti virus plus firewall.

rubikz

Activity: 175
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:01:11 PM

The only way to lose your tokens is when your private key is compromised. Be careful when signing in for airdrops or any forms that would ask for sensitive information like your private key and password. Like what everyone said here, check your transaction history is etherscan.io or ethexplorer.io. There you can see if your tokens has been sent out to an address you don't know.

Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:07:03 PM

What kind of wallet verification you're using to access your myetherwallet account? Someone's gotta accessed your device. You can check the transactions in etherscan.io so you may know how they managed to transfer and to what account.
Or you maybe don't know what to do with your tokens.
EtherDelta will help you out.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:31:09 PM

There are so many scam and hack out there right now stealing private keys it is impossible to say what happened to the tokens.  Everyday I see people falling for fake airdrop sites that ask for private keys, fake "my ether wallet" links, downloading fake wallet Trojans, heck, people are even posting their private keys in airdrop submission Google docs for all to see ...

The only way to figure it out is for your friend to retrace everything he did, all the sites he provided info to, everything he downloaded ...

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
CryptoNewsIndo (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 11:28:04 AM

Is the token really being transferred to another ETH address? You can check ETH explorer to see whether there is any transfer history.

If the token is still in your friend ETH wallet address, he just has to load token to see the token.

yes i have seen my friend's token, his token has moved to another address on he has not done anything yet.
AntonyU

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:10:05 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 10:17:00 AM by AntonyU

Hello, I reported some days ago that   I also missing my tokens which were probably stolen from MEW. Tokens were transferd to  that address :   0x3cbd2e6143f057bd49ffb4c7058217a5900c35d3
This guy did over 750 transaction in last 6 days. Probably everything stolen. Can somebody stop him???
There is attached txHash for my stolen tokens:  0x62a0e6d91ef0333e4c9cf9729d1f8e5780ccd7beb276a243c8954c265ac9a47d

There are different people reporting same issue. Please see comments in attached link:
https://etherscan.io/address/0x3cbd2e6143f057bd49ffb4c7058217a5900c35d3#comments

thank you all for comments / advice
ViliisAbrigel

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:22:11 AM

Token can not missing if your wallet is not hacked. You need to add token before it visible.
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:26:21 AM

Just a purse does not now show all the tokens.
They need to be downloaded and added again.
Nobody steals them, enough to panic!

And almost all tokens cost pennies, who do they need ??

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

Lora_ng15

Activity: 452
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 08:27:42 AM

The token may disappear if you use phishing scams or if you gave someone your secret key, do not do this in any case!

┈┈┈┈┈ WOWSECRET┈┈┈┈┈
● In WowSecret we trust ●
┈┈┈┈┈ https://www.wow-secret.com ┈┈┈┈┈
Sniper150

Activity: 357
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:43:15 AM

I have already experienced losing token in etherwallet. I was shocked when I check my wallet, I've lost my sgg coins. I don't know who's stranger it is. I decided to change my address and create new wallet. Maybe I was being careless when I was importing my addresses and private key. And now I was very careful to my account.
In order to avoid hacking of your account, you should double check when you are going to import your account.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:57:36 AM

I have already experienced losing token in etherwallet. I was shocked when I check my wallet, I've lost my sgg coins. I don't know who's stranger it is. I decided to change my address and create new wallet. Maybe I was being careless when I was importing my addresses and private key. And now I was very careful to my account.
In order to avoid hacking of your account, you should double check when you are going to import your account.
There are question mark to this your unfortunate incidence, when you check etherscan did you see if it was successfully sent out of your wallet or your coin just disappeared without any traces at all. If there was a tx id then your private key was hacked not that your coin was missing.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:06:15 AM

First of all, search for the ether address on a public blockchain.
Can you see the tokens?

I assume that we are talking about erc20 tokens, so if you can see it on the blockchain lets proceed.

You can export the private key from MyEtherWallet and import it on a different wallet who supports ERC20 ( It's very important that the wallet will support that, if it doesn't, you won't see the tokens even though you imported the private key).

After importing the private key you will be able to actually transfer it from the different wallet.
I would suggest you to set up a new address and transfer all the tokens to that address, so the tokens would be safer.
cryptodevs

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:39:36 AM

Maybe they used myetherdelta when it was hacked 2weeks ago,thats why their tokens disappeared,my tokens are still intact.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: