Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:32:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodbye Blockchain. Hello Hashgraph.  (Read 8750 times)
Joel_Jantsen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:56:03 PM
Merited by Emperor of Man (1), cannycassiopeia (1)

Please don't shoot me Tongue  I too reacted the same way when I read the topic title.Infact,being an optimistic blockchain supporter,I didn't even bother to open the article until the geek inside me pushed me to.Anyway,I was surprised.I mean we should embrace the changes right ? Here ya go,welcome HashGraph.

https://cryptoanswers.net/goodbye-blockchain-hello-hashgraph/

For the lazy heads
The new consensus algorithm

Introducing Hashgraph – a fair and fast, byzantine fault tolerant consensus algorithm. According to the founding Hashgraph team consisting of computer science and cybersecurity pioneers Dr. Leemon Baird and Mance Harmon, the hashgraph consensus method achieves the following notable feats:

It’s fast: 250,000+ transactions per second and limited only by a users bandwidth (Pre-Sharding)
It’s fair: mathematically proven fairness (via Consensus Time Stamping)
It’s secure: bank-grade security (Asynchronous Byzantine Fault Tolerant)
Why is Hashgraph superior to Blockchain?
[read the actual article to know more]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jnano

Activity: 301
Merit: 74

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:40:52 PM

They say it's patented. That in itself is enough to preclude it from being a Bitcoin alternative.
Maybe it could see some use in closed commercial contexts?

Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:50:30 PM

Only the future will show what Hashgraph is capable of, At the moment I don't see the blockchain going anywhere.

Campaign Manager (2018)
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:57:56 PM

I am aware of this news because i read this article a few days ago, the guy who is going to develop hasgraph claims to be one of the founders of bitcoin.. and this is why i dont trust in this project anymore.
It is a insult to the blockchain and to the "real" founders of all the blockchain.
Anyway, we can only wait and see how it goes once that it gets released, but for now, the only thing that i can think about this, is that it is a shit.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:01:28 PM

They say it's patented. That in itself is enough to preclude it from being a Bitcoin alternative.
If it is superior technology than blockchain who cares if it is patented or not,it looks really interesting and i am sure it will solve many issues block chain is having at the moment when it comes to scaling,so can we expect coins coming out with hashgraph in the future,so what will happen to the n number of coins created with blockchain. Wink
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:03:07 PM

Please don't shoot me Tongue  I too reacted the same way when I read the topic title.Infact,being an optimistic blockchain supporter,I didn't even bother to open the article until the geek inside me pushed me to.Anyway,I was surprised.I mean we should embrace the changes right ? Here ya go,welcome HashGraph.

For the lazy heads

Introducing Hashgraph – a fair and fast, byzantine fault tolerant consensus algorithm. According to the founding Hashgraph team consisting of computer science and cybersecurity pioneers Dr. Leemon Baird and Mance Harmon, the hashgraph consensus method achieves the following notable feats:

It’s fast: 250,000+ transactions per second and limited only by a users bandwidth (Pre-Sharding)
Yes, I read this too  2 days ago It seems its another innovation and a competitor to blockchain. Glad someone pointed it out that it is patented. Count a few more years and i think it will disrupt the blockchain technology if this technology lives its promises or features.

Open for Campaigns
cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:13:37 PM

It doesn’t matter if it’s patented, that can even be an advance for a huge future gain; if they can run a currency that can get royalties from all the other currency’s that want to build something on the same technology.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:18:20 PM

yes of course that those are the new technologies, and i always knew that there were going to be new stuff regarding to bitcoin and the whole blockchain, well, that is why it means about right?
but this guy is not legit, i would never trust in him and less to put my funds on his ico, i dont trust in him at all.
and bitcoin will never be replaced, no matter what, there will never be something better than bitcoin because people would not allow it to happen.
faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:45:10 PM

If Hashgraph has a better technology than blockchain,  has, is there any coin already built in this technology? Anyway whatever happened, let us always be ready. Im planning to invest a little from this.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 10:50:39 PM

If Hashgraph has a better technology than blockchain,  has, is there any coin already built in this technology? Anyway whatever happened, let us always be ready. Im planning to invest a little from this.
Yes they were going to offer an ico for this kind of project, but i dont know.. if there is something much more better than the actual blockchain, why haven't they developed it already? why did they waited so long to try to spread this kind of fud over the whole blockchain?
Maybe it is a good project after all, but we will need to wait until we hear further notices about them.. But just releasing an ico on those times is not a good idea.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
jnano

Merit: 74

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:12:50 PM

If it is superior technology than blockchain who cares if it is patented or not,
It depends on the context, and how much of an improvement it is over existing tech. Blockchain networks so far are very open-source and freedom oriented. Patents sound the opposite of that, though maybe a perpetual free license could help in adoption. Or they could be aiming at an entirely different market where patents aren't an issue.

But anyway, based on what the article says, the company behind it sounds still undecided about its future goals.
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:13:38 PM

I am aware of this news because i read this article a few days ago, the guy who is going to develop hasgraph claims to be one of the founders of bitcoin.. and this is why i dont trust in this project anymore.
It is a insult to the blockchain and to the "real" founders of all the blockchain.
Anyway, we can only wait and see how it goes once that it gets released, but for now, the only thing that i can think about this, is that it is a shit.

your right mate blockchain has clearly establish in terms of trust in the crpto's and blockchain from the beginning of bitcoin in cryptoworld is already made it as parther in bitcoin currency, so far i can't judge about this news for the hasgraph project.

brampower

Activity: 327

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:17:32 PM

but this guy is not legit, i would never trust in him and less to put my funds on his ico, i dont trust in him at all.
and bitcoin will never be replaced, no matter what, there will never be something better than bitcoin because people would not allow it to happen.
Why would you trust him,if it is a good technological advancement then there is nothing wrong in accepting it,i am not sure how things work with Hashgraph but since it is patented it cannot be used freely like the blockchain ,let us wait and see how the development takes place and how it could change things around.
splat44

Activity: 384

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:24:43 PM

For the lazy heads

The company behind it still undecided. but futrthermore we should be ready at all times. what we have now is blockchain and need to study more about what's on Hashgraph. but still we're on the edge its not too late..

jksmds

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:29:28 PM

A patented thing can't say goodbye to BlockChain. It's not even an alternative.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:04:30 AM

The title of this post is a bit biased.

In my opinion, if Hashgraph becomes a thing and turns out to be a real competitor (very unlikely, but still), then only time will tell if the community will concent to a new technology over the already established blockchain network. But first, the people behind this project need to come to an agreement on whether they're going to do it or not

Sounds ambitious, so I hope to hear more news soon.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:09:22 AM

For the lazy heads

The company behind it still undecided. but futrthermore we should be ready at all times. what we have now is blockchain and need to study more about what's on Hashgraph. but still we're on the edge its not too late..

Time will always tell but isn't it pirated from the blockchain? I wouldn't be surprised because there are so many motivated forkers around and  should be easily motivated to use one of their ploys to present hashgraph as a new technology or algorithm whinch will rival the blockchain. It's still early days though.
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:20:51 AM

You are right, the only way that Bitcoin will die is if better technology comes out. We are always pursuing for better technology, faster transactions, improvements. Hashgraph may overthrow blockchain technology, and so we may all start switching to 'HashCoin'.  Roll Eyes

Aye, who knows? Cryptos are 90% speculation, 10% unpredictable.

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:33:36 AM

You are right, the only way that Bitcoin will die is if better technology comes out. We are always pursuing for better technology, faster transactions, improvements. Hashgraph may overthrow blockchain technology, and so we may all start switching to 'HashCoin'.  Roll Eyes

yes correct, there is nothing impossible.
since technology come with many improvement.
if coming of hashgraph would be better that blockchain in doing processing transaction. why we not accept.
acpr23

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:37:41 AM

If hashgraph beats blockchain. Will bitcoin and other blockchain coin die? Or will bitcoin able to adopt hashgraph technology?  Huh
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:38:07 AM

I have no doubt in my mind that we have entered a new error of blockchain 3.0 going to 4.0. The question is will hashgraph be the ONE or will another come and grab the front seat. We all know currently in this space, its all about speculation. Most people don't even care about the tech... Which is sad.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:27:07 AM

For the lazy heads

Good Read. If this will provide solutions to the current problem of Blockchain, then let's adopt it. My only concern here is, Is it already tested real time on transactions same as the volume of Blockchain transactions?. Is it already tested on  attacks same as the attacks on a blockchain?. I think it might need more series of tests the same way how the blockchain have used and have experienced through the years to see the vulnerabilities of Bitcoin.

ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:08:46 PM

i think hashgraph is a good technology as well, just like bitcoin, i agree that there should also be a test period for this technology, however, if different technology that acts like bitcoin as well, both technologies, might fail, since there will be a competition among the two technology. i think bitcoin should adapt whatever is good with hashgraph in order for it to survive. blockchain technology aided in the development of bitcoin and if people just keep on developing similar technologies on their own and creating a lot of cryptocurrencies, there will be so much surplus of cryptocurrencies and the value of each one might decrease and we'll all be back relying on fiat currency. still what i see is, they will have a problem that bitcoin already had encountered, and blockchain will just evolve into a much better technology since it can adapt and already had proven to be much sufficient than others who tries to copy it.
Joel_Jantsen (OP)
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:31:34 PM

Thanks a lot for all your constructive replies.I'm amazed how most of the people the responded here know what's going on out there!
Initially I thought the topic would boil blood since it seems totally against the blockchain lovers people would be offended but that's not the case.Like it how everyone is embracing the new tech.To share my point of view,I don't think hashgraph will make a drastic change in the system anytime soon.They can have their own regulated coins ,they can altogether just provide a better tech but certainly not a better community.
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:45:05 PM

This is no alternative in my opinion. Any sign of centralization is a bad one, if anything we should aim for more decentralization.
hypersonic1

Activity: 311
Merit: 109

Endless Horizons!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:51:53 PM

The real truth is that if the community needed it we could do another hard fork and implement the necessary changes for sure. I do't see a problem as coins can in fact adapt with enough support.

aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:38:50 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 06:36:23 PM by aeternus

If it is superior technology than blockchain who cares if it is patented or not,it looks really interesting and i am sure it will solve many issues block chain is having at the moment when it comes to scaling,so can we expect coins coming out with hashgraph in the future,so what will happen to the n number of coins created with blockchain. Wink
We care because it has to be free so people can enjoy it and not be subject to the tyranny of just a few, this is why bitcoin is not completely about the technology behind it, it is also an idea about freedom and self-determination, maybe that technology, if real, could be adopted by most of the world but for many of us bitcoin will still be relevant.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:47:03 PM

in terms of which coin people will use as the gold standard, technical excellence is one of lesser factors. bitcoin might be steam age compared to what's coming but it works and it never breaks. that's worth far more than any upgrade in functionality. obviously it can't stay frozen in time but there also has to come a point where everyone agrees where to settle and bitcoin is still it. the longer it stays it the more certain its future is.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:00:55 PM

This is not the first competitor to the blockchain technology and probably not the last. There is also the “Tangle” which is IOTA’s blockchain alternative. The Tangle has no miners and no fees for transactions. The mining is all done by the users. As you send IOTA to an address, you confirm two other transactions. So no one to pay fees to because all users become miners also. The reward is a free transaction. Also supposedly the more transactions, the faster they become. This is the opposite of the blockchain where the more transactions, the slower it gets. As we’ve seen with Bitcoin, as time goes on, the transactions are slower and fees are higher. The Tangle fixes those issues.
Flagship11

Activity: 853
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:01:50 PM

the blockchain technology isnt going anywhere, anytime soon.   its only beginning to be advertised on television
robchch

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:09:42 PM

Where do I buy some? lol
CisColtz

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:14:07 PM

Don't get to excited about the Hashgraph . In my opinion the blockchain is still the main the thing and it will remain the same but I'm curious to see what Hashgraph can bring new to the cryptos.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:23:51 PM

For the lazy heads

Well it looks interesting but i don't think it will have huge impact on bitcoin.
I mean, 250K+ transactions per second is something to admire but crypto is not so popular in world and such technology is good but i don't think it will make any difference. Yet.
Maybe it will mean something in 10 years from now.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 6311

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:27:14 PM

First
It's a patent. People have patents for a lot of things we are still unable to build.
And this is just like that ... theory

Second.

For example, the Bitcoin blockchain is about 60GB in size, where as hashgraph uses a fraction of that memory, about 1GB, allowing cell phones to act as nodes.

This is bs. Tons of it.
It's not the block chain that determines the size, it's the other way around. The way transactions are don in the bitcoin protocol determine the size of the blockchain.
Also, the last phrase...allowing phone to act like nodes? Really?
There were some moron that wanted to build miners in bulbs , now phones acting as nodes? So you will walk around with 2 power banks to charge your phone?

Third.
They seek funds...yeah, the fog starts to lift.

Fourth.
Checked the two "computer science and cyber security pioneers" cb and profiles...0.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
khanjan12

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:07:00 PM

yes correct, there is nothing impossible.
since technology come with many improvement.
if coming of hashgraph would be better that blockchain in doing processing transaction. why we not accept.

im totally shocked when i heard about hashgraph...but we will see in the future that which one will be the best.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:25:33 PM

It in time may take over, but it may not. There are so many possibilities that we really can't predict what the future may bring.
Remember that sometimes software remains to be used even though there are far superior counterparts. Take mspaint for instance. I remember drawing in it on my P100 in 1996 and it's still around! People are using it till this day because it's simple, well known and widely available. Blockchain won't disappear just like that it will take many years.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Savvy7188

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 11:59:53 AM

i believe in change and this hashgraph project is doing just that with its unique innovations toward making transactions take place at lightning speed also take in consideration any malware or ddos attacks can easily occur on blockchain with its bottleneck structure that leads to the top of the chain(leaders). GO hashgraph!!
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:12:22 PM

For the lazy heads

All I can say is that good for them for such landmark achievement. Reading through the article makes me realise that these people are not looking to sell their invention rather they are about attacking the already establish infrastructure that has been tested and found to be worthwhile but I am actually not bother because its not enough to build a project but convincing people to use such project and for them to abandon the one they have come to know all their life.

A lot of project, nice ones have been done with some coming with the slogan "the first breakthrough" "the best you are to see" "the new bitcoin" but at the end, its about the faith people have in bitcoin and the blockchain and not about how ingenious the technology is about.
Joel_Jantsen (OP)
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:20:34 PM

All I can say is that good for them for such landmark achievement. Reading through the article makes me realise that these people are not looking to sell their invention rather they are about attacking the already establish infrastructure that has been tested and found to be worthwhile but I am actually not bother because its not enough to build a project but convincing people to use such project and for them to abandon the one they have come to know all their life.
They are not really attacking the system,they're just making a better version of the current system.They understood the flaws and hence worked upon it.The technology is of course patented which is bad because open-source makes it available for anyone to contribute to it.

A lot of project, nice ones have been done with some coming with the slogan "the first breakthrough" "the best you are to see" "the new bitcoin" but at the end, its about the faith people have in bitcoin and the blockchain and not about how ingenious the technology is about.
Totally understand that but I'm only embracing the new tech here.Bitcoin's success is not only the tech behind it but mass adaption.
mevmike

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 09:55:45 AM

your intentions may be good.
i am also fan of new innovations but;
to say goodbye to a because a new system emerges is simply an overstatement.
this hashgraph thing still has to be proven before you can call it as a replacement with what we are using now.
until then i am still gonna stick with blockchain.
Cheesy

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
CryptoAnswers

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 02:27:23 AM

Hey guys,

First let me say thanks for sharing our article. Second I'd like to apologize for the clickbait title, but ultimately I hope we made it clear that Hashgraph does not pose any threat to blockchain or Bitcoin at the moment.

Hashgraph, unlike Bitcoin's blockchain is permissioned and not open-source and they are not planning any public ledgers anytime soon. They just took on 6000 credit unions (CULedger) as a client so they have their work cut out for them. Just to give you an idea of the strength of their tech though, according to CEO of Swirlds Mance Harmon, they actually acquired that client (CULedger) through a competition in which they beat out IBM.

We just feel folks need to be informed that alternative tech exists and there is nothing wrong with increased proliferation of decentralized networks and consensus methods, both on the public and private side.

That said, if anyone cares enough to have some of their questions addressed at an upcoming interview, please leave your questions in this thread. The interview will be led by the CTO of Syncleus, and we will be interviewing the CTO of Swirlds, Dr. Leemon Baird, so nothing is too technical.

On 11/12/2017, the interview will be made public here: https://cryptoanswers.net/interviews

Thanks!
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:57:48 AM

It has already been announced on the page that does not rival Bitcoin, but for the first time I've heard Hashgraph here and now I do a little research. It is very ambitious. Bitcoin is limited to 7 transactions per second, while Hashgraph trades 250,000 more transactions per second and costs less. There is no limit in technology in our time, Interesting ...
noormcs5

Activity: 2632
Merit: 613

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:27:31 AM

There is a level of behind the scenes control that just oozes from this. Now, there is a lot of info there and I have not had time to see it all, but it seems that even though the words say that it cannot be hacked, there is a reasonable enough window for insertion into the system and according to their own words, if enough people quickly agree with your insertion, then the information is made real. There is a reason that the blockchain refers backward for anchoring of the new block, because it eliminates break points.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:45:33 PM

If it's patented, has closed source, has a shady start like an ICO, a premine, of anything of similar nature, then it is a shitcoin scam, nothing much to add. Everyone claims that they got "next bitcoin", yet, nobody is releasing this "next bitcoin" into the wild to get tested by the market, the user load, and the hackers, attackers, shills, forks, and everything that bitcoin has survived.

Don't fall for the scammers, they just want your bitcoin. If there is a coin that beats bitcoin in every department, we will be the firsts to know and admit it, but so far we only have half assed attempts and smoke and mirrors at worst.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 6311

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:33:51 PM

If it's patented, has closed source, has a shady start like an ICO, a premine, of anything of similar nature, then it is a shitcoin scam, nothing much to add. Everyone claims that they got "next bitcoin", yet, nobody is releasing this "next bitcoin" into the wild to get tested by the market, the user load, and the hackers, attackers, shills, forks, and everything that bitcoin has survived.

Don't fall for the scammers, they just want your bitcoin. If there is a coin that beats bitcoin in every department, we will be the firsts to know and admit it, but so far we only have half assed attempts and smoke and mirrors at worst.

You nailed it.
Basically is not just "too good" to be true, it's almost impossible too good.
That 250 000 number was the first thing that made me suspicious. Then the begging for money, and then as I said before I checked the two experts that come out of nothing.

Now I took some time checking the patent.
Complicated, over complicated and again I'm suspicious it was written this way just to cover up things.
But sincerely it looked less like a blockchain and more like segwit with a lot of resemblance, just with crappy explanations and adding a new layer to make it more interesting.

I don't buy it. And I won't by any ICO if hey launch one.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 04:44:34 PM

I took a quick look on the website of Hashgraph and the idea they are presenting is impressive but it won't compete Bitcoin or blockchain in my opinion. This case is just like Bitcoin and XRP, both the things are serving a different purpose to different sets of people.

Even though the idea of Hashgraph seems impressive at the moment, we can't really comment anything about it until and unless we see some actual product running on it. It might take a year for Hashgraph to produce and inculcate their product in the market.
jlanzago

Activity: 266

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 06:08:39 PM

I think both could co-exist, unless I miss something. I like the idea of decentralization the blockchain carries but hashgraph could disrupt the market indeed.
Flodemaga

Activity: 286

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:02:57 PM

It have two big issues for me the first one is isnt decentralized soo someone has too much power to influence the transactions and isnt open source, even with amazing transaction volume, sounds like visa and mastercard system upgrade. I doubt the most crypto lovers and supporters would consider to moove into such platafform since we have already the DAG wich makes the same or similiar and well without fees.
LazyBitInvestor

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:14:26 PM

1.decentralized? Nope
2.opensource? Nope

That`s the most important cases.
Blockchain technology just appeared recently and i think -in  next 10 years we will not see something that differs so much from it.

Bounty_Hunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:20:11 PM

It zapatentovana proprietary technology used by the company. These are two important factor on which bitcoin is better.
portstarboard

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:27:10 AM

What is clear is that blockchain has made an impact on the world, for there to be a competing tech. Like betamax and VHF, and Blu-ray and whatever the other HD-disc medium was (forgotten about already Cheesy).

Given their transaction capacity and the fact that they seem to be ironing out the creases before public release, HashGraph could stand as a real contender in the distributed space. I might be unpopular in saying this but complete decentralisation is perhaps not something that EVERYONE wants nor really understands the purpose of; as far as a lot of people will be concerned this will be decentralised i.e. there will be no central servers, or gigantic Google, Facebook or Apple corp. to sell you a product. The proof mechanism is the same as NEOs by the looks of it, and people like that. They've received VC funding so I'd be surprised if they decide to go rogue with their money.
Nesp

Activity: 124

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:18:37 PM

It has already been announced on the page that does not rival Bitcoin, but for the first time I've heard Hashgraph here and now I do a little research. It is very ambitious. Bitcoin is limited to 7 transactions per second, while Hashgraph trades 250,000 more transactions per second and costs less. There is no limit in technology in our time, Interesting ...

Bitshares can do 100k t/s and what
CryptoAnswers

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 03:22:58 AM

Here's the interview we were talking about earlier:

https://cryptoanswers.net/swirlds-interview-leemon-baird

Hopefully this will clarify things further.

Thanks!
SuperD007

Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:38:07 PM

I think if hashgraph is able to do what they claim it can do and once they get a few working models in place for people to test then the potential is endless.
vonnyaries

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:53:28 PM

hmm, maybe next year or next 2 year all blockchain will migrated to hashgraph if the hashgraph is greateer than blockchain, in speed side and the security. what do you think? are the bitcoin and other coin changed their platform from blockchain into hashgraph?

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
dawoodkhan97

LibertyLance - Where Freelancing Meets Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 01:23:23 PM

It is isn't necessary that no 'New' technology will emerge
after the blockchain. There is always room for improvement
as no system is perfect.

Hashgraph looks promising due to what it can offer but still
it is too soon to tell and blockchain technology is not going
anywhere soon.

/ / _  LibertyLance  |  First Ever Decentralized Gig Based Marketplace
ANN  Whitepaper  One Pager   ▬▬▬  SUBSCRIBE NOW  ▬▬▬   Twitter  Facebook  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Private Sale Starts on May 29th   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
oskuro83

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:46:10 AM

Do you know when will Hashgraph be released?
khaled0111
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 2853

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 10:15:11 AM

It is obvious that new technologies will emerge and maybe one day they will replace the blockchain technology.
I am not an expert thus I can't tell if Hashgraph technology is better than blockchain but what I can confirm that it will not be possible to replace it in the near future because users hardly accept changes. Adopting hashgraph will take some time.

Here are just some of the possible applications that can be built on top of hashgraph:

Markets
Identity
Gaming
Cryptocurrency
Online Collaboration
Public Ledger

Maybe it can be used for online collaboration or identity but unlikely for cryptocurrency.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
dreamax25

Activity: 365

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:34:36 PM

From what I read and heard, the tech itself is a very smart devoloper tool, some even says it`s better then blockchain.
The only ˝negative˝ thing about it, is the patent thing, so there is some less chance for mass adoption and implementation in the already tech based on blockchain.
But definitly it` something worth looking up for the future, maybe less then 5 yeasr from now, we will see a whole new scenario.
Solrak

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:51:29 PM

Do you know when will Hashgraph be released?
Alns

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:01:21 PM

it hasn't been developed yet, and i doubt that it will be developed soon, a lot of things are going to be needed in order to be able to provide this project.

Just imagine how many developers are they going to need, more than hundreds, or a few dozens of real programmers, not just those ones who have recently finished their high school.

If it gets released soon, it will be huge, but it can not replace the blockchain, and it will never be better than bitcoin.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:07:25 PM

For the lazy heads

well i am not surprised because every technological breakthoughs are always been develop to more convenient and more effective depending on its timeline.
but for now, blockchain is more effective and easier to use.   

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
stevekins

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:12:41 PM

For the lazy heads

I am not even done studying blockchain Tech another has come...what a fast pace world we live in, if you blink you get left behind
Heisenberg8

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:20:35 PM

Are there plans to release coins back from this technology already?
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:20:46 PM

I will not be surprised if others adopt this Hashgraph especially if they think that it's a way better improvement than the blockchain that has a lot of people captivated and if its way faster than blockchain then it sure is going to get a lot of attention and users when it gets released.
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:19:16 PM

Introducing Hashgraph – a fair and fast, byzantine fault tolerant consensus algorithm.

You already lost me. LOL

In all seriousenss though, it isn't surprising that better technology is being developed. We can't expect Blockchain the way Satoshi envisioned it to hold up forever without and innovation coming along. Think about it like this... you can still use most features of the revolutionary first ever iPhone today, but it is still considered ancient and would be hard to get around with depsite how much of a quantum leap it was in technology and that was only in 2007...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
metallicelmo

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:36:42 PM

I have just watched a video on their website
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjQkag6VOo0

I must say that it makes sense. The inventor is very good at explaining what Hashgraph is and what the benefits could be in terms of speeding up transactions and also making sure that timestamps are crucial. A new system that provides new possibilities for "blockchain" like systems. No more confirmations, but instant confirmation. Something that "could" be useful for a stockmarket for example or paying for something in a store, not having to wait for confirmations before you are allowed to leave the store.  I would recommend just watching this video, I liked it and waiting for a new cryptocurrency to use this system. Really, really interesting.
Master1781

Activity: 125

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:59:03 PM

There's this video released these days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF362xxcfdk

from 38:00 you can check the relationship with blockchain
metallicelmo

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:28:22 AM

What is the company's name that patented this Hashgraph technology?
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:31:13 AM

Only the future will show what Hashgraph is capable of, At the moment I don't see the blockchain going anywhere.

I agree hashgraph maybe more advanced but for the timebeing blockchain is still number 1.

If there will be new coins going to adopt hash graph as a trader i will at least try a few ico.
abamatinde77

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:34:23 AM

im blockchain user...ok let me try that one it's sounds interesting
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 01:39:41 AM

Hashgraph Technology is an interesting innovation but it has not yet seen the test of time. Until it becomes an open source it's not yet a threat to the blockchain technology. We know that technology is prone to changes until then let us still believe in the Blockchain and accept the way it's. Thanks

Carmen01

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:03:06 AM

Blockchain is already good so if new will come like hashgraph we can say that are more good to use both,transaction in blockchain and fees are really good now so even the safety in this wallet are already good and trusted wallet here in crypto another thing it almost use already in different country so even we have new wallet i think the first wallet will more enjoys by any users.

datodota002

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:17:24 AM

Well it sound very good when i read it, but i sound same when the blockchain first launched. i want see it in act on the global network lets see what we read on that articel can be done successfully.
Anti-Cen

Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:25:46 AM

Well done OP and it's good to see someone here that is not a slot machine bandit and knows what coming down the road

I have not got a full understand of HashGraph yet and it seems to be a type of data stream for gossip about gossip but as a prize
PM me and I will offer you the blue or red pill and no I am not plugging yet another token like most people here.

BTC = 1st generation
ETH/IOTA = 2nd
Ripple =3rd (Well maybe 2nd)
HashGraph =4th (I think and nothing is using it yet)

The 5th will blow your socks off and is 3-5 years away

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
ekateriinae

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Try as hard as you can!

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:35:49 AM

this was something new.. what will the first coin will invented in this hashgraph? i looking forward for this new technology. will this beat blockchain in any how. let time do the work.
Anti-Cen

Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:38:12 AM

Hashgraph Technology is an interesting innovation but it has not yet seen the test of time. Until it becomes an open source it's not yet a threat to the blockchain technology. We know that technology is prone to changes until then let us still believe in the Blockchain and accept the way it's. Thanks

Block-Chain is dead, get with the game and unless a programmer spends a year looking in to "open source" code then most of it is too big to understand
even by us professionals and when we see stuff then we get shouted down anyway because money has taken over and we are but a small voice on our own.

Chrome is a good example of this as is Firefox and you might want to note that the "Crypto Community" is anything but happy and
crazy transactions fees has made it much worse.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
realtyprofiler

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:09:30 AM

I have several concerns about this project.

Firstly, these guys are ex-defense and ex-security, Co-Founder Mance was the lead programmer at the Missile Defence Agency....
https://www.linkedin.com/in/manceharmon/

Secondly, they have a very small team listed on LinkedIn of 6 staff and only one developer based in Canada...
- https://www.linkedin.com/company/10787474/

Thirdly, the address on their website is a house https://www.google.com/maps/place/800+Southern+Hills+Ct,+College+Station,+TX+77845/@30.5620214,-96.2447641,92m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x86469aaccc1c6b13:0xc7e4bfcdb685eb9e!8m2!3d30.5621566!4d-96.2446206

Fourthly, the patent should not limit other DAG tech been developed and it is
http://www.swirlds.com/ip/

Fifthly, they are focused on paying customers.... with such a small team they are either going to sell this technology to the highest bidder at some point in time or just go down the licensing road which will focus on the largest, established companies. An innovative tech maybe, but widespread adoption is unlikely as it's a closed network.

IOTA, and a dozen other next DAGs, will arise in 2018.

Rod.

Clegive8V

Activity: 43
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:23:17 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2020, 03:23:28 PM by Clegive8V

If Hashgraph can offer the same advantages of decentralization that blockchain at cheaper rates, we may find competition, but so far blockchain is superior in economic terms.
blockchain was found before bitcoin but satoshi who makes it running and give it more advantages.
Some try to build the same models on Hashgraph, but you will find that most projects will not get much attention, but rather that most of them will not reach $ 100.
because they will make it another copy of bitcoin on Hashgraph.
monergo

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:26:02 AM

Is this the real future of crypto? will this be implemented as a whole, or like a new sidechain tech?
Deepa98

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:30:37 AM

Blockchain is the undisputed technology for now.. Hashgraph yet to prove its worthy..
metallicelmo

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:32:23 PM

I think Hashgraph will only be able to truly show it's capabilities in launching their own cryptocurrency on top of their algorithm. This is phase one, people will start using it and soon after other use-cases can be developed. As I read it Hashgraph is more than just crypto, it can run a coin but it could also be used for voting on elections for example. almost 100% fraudeproof. This is what you would want. I think we haven't thought of the things that are possible yet.
boyjackyou

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:58:36 AM

I dont see any good reason why it will replace the existing blockchain,however anything can happen in the future someone will find a better technology than our existing blockchain but it will be hard to replace what is already in our hearts.

FiveReels

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:23:04 AM

In my opinion this hashgraph are made and invented for innovative purposes that it allows more convenience use of cryptos of which is complicated that jives with a more sophisticated programs. We may not know its advantages now that it is still not widely used but maybe somehow it will come to its advantage sooner or later. I know it is hard to accept a product or service that we still don't know of what is it's performnce but once it exceeds our expectation maybe sooner or later hashgraph will pave its way to history  in the cryptomarkets.
Mr. Brooks

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:12:59 PM

Came here to find more info on hashgraph. Apparantly no one knows anything more. Don't think this will go anywhere, however good the tech may be. It is closed, centralized ... Look at tcp/IP , not the best protocol around at the time, but it saw mass adoption. This will never see mass adoption when closed and centralised . Anyone think different ?
Luigi_LP

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:33:27 PM

I've seen this project a lot of months ago, at what point of the project they are? they said that they won't conduct any ico, have they changed idea? if not how they will distributed the first coins?
Luigi_LP

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:35:06 PM

I've seen this project a lot of months ago, at what point of the project they are? they said that they won't conduct any ico, have they changed idea? if not how they will distributed the first coins?
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:33:05 AM

If this is patented, then we won't see a clone in the near future.
What I like about blockchain is that it's open-source and anyone can modify it and place improvements as they see fit and release a new coin - community innovation evolving it.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
mariayaz

Merit: 3

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:43:13 AM

It can replace Blockchain may be after Blockchain era. It has not started yet even, so hashgraph is not going to replace any sooner too.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
monsterer2

Activity: 351
Merit: 134

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:58:46 AM

I wrote a short analysis on hashgraph here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2029044.0

Highlights:

...However, as the author notes in that second paper above, in it's pure form it offers no protection from sybil attack. The author suggests using stake from another blockchain in order to weight votes to provide some protection again sybil attack, but does not talk about the inherent problems in doing so, such as the transient nature of the balance of any particular staking address in another blockchain.

In addition the author talks about using PoW to acquire voting weight, which does not suffer from the same transient problems associated with stake, but it is still largely PoS in nature since voting weight persists or decays at a finite speed, unlike the way PoW functions in bitcoin, for example.

All in all, I think it has applications outside of cryptocurrency, but IMO is poorly suited to the requirements of the consensus mechanism within one.

Cheers, Paul.
Xclusive5

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:01:19 AM

Mere going through the article about harshgraph I feel its an improvement on the blockchain technology, the harshgraph technology is relatively not a new tech but I regard it as an improvement of blockchain technology itself.

QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:49:10 PM

I have several concerns about this project.

Firstly, these guys are ex-defense and ex-security, Co-Founder Mance was the lead programmer at the Missile Defence Agency....
https://www.linkedin.com/in/manceharmon/

Secondly, they have a very small team listed on LinkedIn of 6 staff and only one developer based in Canada...
- https://www.linkedin.com/company/10787474/

Thirdly, the address on their website is a house https://www.google.com/maps/place/800+Southern+Hills+Ct,+College+Station,+TX+77845/@30.5620214,-96.2447641,92m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x86469aaccc1c6b13:0xc7e4bfcdb685eb9e!8m2!3d30.5621566!4d-96.2446206

Fourthly, the patent should not limit other DAG tech been developed and it is
http://www.swirlds.com/ip/

Fifthly, they are focused on paying customers.... with such a small team they are either going to sell this technology to the highest bidder at some point in time or just go down the licensing road which will focus on the largest, established companies. An innovative tech maybe, but widespread adoption is unlikely as it's a closed network.

IOTA, and a dozen other next DAGs, will arise in 2018.

Rod.

I don't believe so much that something like "ex-defense and ex-security" exists, once you are in the defense and security sector that's a no way back. It could be that they have the military in stealth mode behind. This also would explain why they are not making ICOs and seeking money the usual way - with their project they could easily raise up to one billion USD in the cryptospace alone.
CrazyJoker

Activity: 689

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:29:44 PM

Maybe I lost something, but I can’t find any information about something like Bounty program on Hashgraph site.
It’s interesting idea. Why not try even if we don’t have a  risk in bounty?
Can anyone help me?
greggy.abella

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:01:32 AM

I don't believe so much that something like "ex-defense and ex-security" exists, once you are in the defense and security sector that's a no way back. It could be that they have the military in stealth mode behind. This also would explain why they are not making ICOs and seeking money the usual way - with their project they could easily raise up to one billion USD in the cryptospace alone.

I think they are not fool enough to have ex-defense and ex-security guys and then run in stealth mode for military stuff kind of things. I had the chance to speak with one of their developers, they make money giving deployment licenses to private financial institutions. what they have as of now is only a consensus algorithm.
bunsd

Activity: 102
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:05:01 AM

For the lazy heads

This and the blockchain are completely different things. The characteristics of the blockchain are irreversible. There is anonymity and decentralization, so I think it will not affect the development of the blockchain at all
RDNX

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:10:03 AM

For the lazy heads

Good news, but do you think it will replaced blockhain? As far as i know, a new technology will be tested its ability after being tried in the field.
sinhlyshpt

Activity: 128

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:20:30 AM

Hashgraph: a new distributed ledger technology that is much more cost-effective (no proof-of-work), 50,000 times the speed, safer (Byzantine), more efficient (no stale blocks) and mathematically fairer than the blockchain.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 04:59:44 AM

A patented thing can't say goodbye to BlockChain. It's not even an alternative.
Another problem  I see is that if it is patented, therefore its not an opensource system. People need to pay for copyrights before they can make a hashgraph based system. How about other applications specially in business?. In short, the room to improve blockchain by using hashgraph is simply cost.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
johnwayne33

Activity: 188

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:00:27 AM

is it the same stuff or what? people are accustomed to blockchain, they won't want to switch to something else.
investwarrior

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 05:04:08 AM

I dont care on which tech thing my crypto will be , so if its better and more speedy then why not Smiley we are here not tech geeks but greedy users.

check crypto prices https://www.checkcryptoprices.com/
iluvbtc

Activity: 221

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:08:25 AM

For the lazy heads

EOS is set to introduce millions of transactions per second with no fees. Larimer is the developer, I'm a believer, bye bye Hashgraph.

bitcoinzen

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:17:36 AM

Hash graph and Blockchain both contribute to technology that doesn't mean one is gone other one will be used blockchain is mother of transaction in open source ledger keeping so any new technology will add to this
albronzzo

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:46:11 AM

we will wait for open source for every technology that are being introduced....
manlyxman

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:50:04 AM

is it the same stuff or what? people are accustomed to blockchain, they won't want to switch to something else.

Even blockchain itself is pretty new. I really doubt people are even close to switch to something else just yet.
duyduc256

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:53:08 AM

I do not think Hashgraph will be as popular as Blockchain. Most of the members in the electronic money market believed in blockchain. There will not be a revolution that could overthrow the blockchain technology.
In my opinion, Hashgraph will not be enthusiastic welcome and will not be interested investors. That is the truth and you should accept it.
Mannna10

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:08:32 PM

Is there actually any coin that uses the hashgraph technology ?

I know tangle is used by IOTA and Byteball, but hashgraph ?Smiley
Joel_Jantsen (OP)
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:14:42 PM

Is there actually any coin that uses the hashgraph technology ?

I know tangle is used by IOTA and Byteball, but hashgraph ?Smiley
No.Currently no systems are actively being implemented using HashGraph.The project creators have their blue print models ready I guess and one can pick up the technology to implement it in the real world.This would take a few months/years due to the 'centralised' nature of the project.They have patented the idea so not sure how commercial industries will pick up if they have to reward the creators for using the concept.

I could be wrong though,anyone is free to bring up information if they find it relevant to the thread.
Mannna10

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:17:20 PM

I do not think Hashgraph will be as popular as Blockchain. Most of the members in the electronic money market believed in blockchain. There will not be a revolution that could overthrow the blockchain technology.
In my opinion, Hashgraph will not be enthusiastic welcome and will not be interested investors. That is the truth and you should accept it.

I do think that depends on the fact that PoW blockchains aren´t scaleable right now, but sure they will if lightning network and other things are realesed.
Also PoS and DPoS are good mechanism, but can they run the full transactions of the new york stock exchange and visa transactions on one blockchain ?

Thats whats Dan Larimers critism on Ethereum, that its slow, PoS changes what ? Its reducing energy cost because there is no mining, its more efficient, less cost intensive, more democratic (but those with lot of stakes have bigger consensus). But can it transact more than 100+ factor transactions per second than it is now ?
Point me out if I am wrong with that.
Good the Raiden Network can speed up the Eth network a lot, but its an addon, intrinsic technology is not changed.

Thats the thing where tangle and hashgraph have some big opportunities if they are faster than the first and second generation of blockchain coins like btc and ethereum.
goldandcrypto
Copper Member

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:03:48 AM

Does anyone have a good understanding of the benefits / drawbacks of DAG based systems v all the hype going on around HashGraph? For example, Nano (formerly RaiBlocks) is DAG and says its infinitely scaleable. Other than the fact that the hashgraph is controlled by an private entity (which in itself makes it a non starter for me). Specifically from a scaleability, speed, security, and privacy perspective.
segomawut

Activity: 382

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:16:30 AM

We look to blockchain to manage intellectual property rights and licenses for the project. It empowers the creators and enables new ways to distribute and fund projects, instead of putting money into incoming shirts, project creators can reward participants when they are distributed.
Frank1987

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:55:35 AM

I don’t like it. I can’t see this as a replacement for blockchain.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:39:24 AM

The current crypto currency is not ideal, like its blockchein technology. Technology is constantly evolving and therefore Khashgraf has the right to exist and struggle for primacy. Only in a healthy competition will our technologies be able to develop further. Let this new technology prove that it is better.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:42:57 AM

I have been following Hashgraph via their Telegram channel for a couple of months now. There are some intere
sting youtube videos giving interested parties the chance to understand the concept of gossip conscencus of the current methods but it is still very early days for the project. Also they seem to have no interest in creating a crowdsale to allow people to purchase tokens at this time so many people may quickly lose interest in the project as a possible investment.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
BuckayKennedy

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:10:58 AM

It seems like DAG is the outdate as well. Must looking more info in this new tech.
goldandcrypto
Copper Member

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:31:24 PM

It seems like DAG is the outdate as well. Must looking more info in this new tech.

Why do you think DAG is outdated? I am not saying you are wrong, I am just curious as to your rationale.
JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 07:51:15 PM

Hard to judge now. Not gonna react to hype.
IOTA promised similar things when they were proposed, but after I had actually used their coins, I found them to be disappointing thus far.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
JVC

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:40:14 AM

With how far ahead bitcoin is, hashgraph needs to be orders of magnitude better than bitcoin. Is it?

Kamelia

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:08:25 PM

I think Hashgraph will only be able to truly show it's capabilities in launching their own cryptocurrency on top of their algorithm. This is phase one, people will start using it and soon after other use-cases can be developed. as I read it Hashgraph is more than just crypto, it can run a coin but it could also be used for voting on elections for example. almost 100% fraudeproof. This is what you would want. I think we haven't thought of the things that are possible yet.
Xiroartoni

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:26:39 AM

For the lazy heads

In any case, in a few years we will see a modified blockchain technology that will constantly change and progress. Everything around is changing very quickly. Even now we are dealing not with pristine technology, which confirms the change or appearance of new technologies.
nndep3m

Activity: 140

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:30:15 AM

Please don't shoot me Tongue  I too reacted the same way when I read the topic title.Infact,being an optimistic blockchain supporter,I didn't even bother to open the article until the geek inside me pushed me to.Anyway,I was surprised.I mean we should embrace the changes right ? Here ya go,welcome HashGraph.

For the lazy heads

In any case, in a few years we will see a modified blockchain technology that will constantly change and progress. Everything around is changing very quickly. Even now we are dealing not with pristine technology, which confirms the change or appearance of new technologies.

I think this is the issue with BitCoin, since its code will always be based on the same PoW concept, it has little room for innovation. Indeed blockchain will innovate a lot in the next decade, and coins must adapt.

darmawan_lasuara

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:47:34 AM

For the lazy heads

Only time that can answer. But from the info that I can, Hashgraph will use or adopt DAg technology .. We'll see the progress of the project in the future
Ceballos

Activity: 621
Merit: 288

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:53:03 AM

Really nice news. Yes it looks like a competitor for blockchain and all crypto coins but on the other hand if crypto currencies will adopt or change the way than its going to be an alternatice and cannot kill crypto coins.
If there is a forum about hashgraph i would like to check details.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
toolsmans

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:54:25 AM

hmm ... I'll save this subject in the backbone. I think it's worth not to throw aside an interesting idea and more ditally to disassemble it, how it can press the blockade. After all, if there is a prospect, then I think it's worth keeping a finger on the pulse, so as not to miss another HYIP and enter it at the start.

krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 09:54:58 AM

Since I'm not a programmer, I had to understand the blockchain for a long time and still understand it, but now I came up with something new, maybe someone from the forum readers can describe it in a simpler language with examples? I will be very grateful)))
manlyxman

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:57:57 AM

Damn just when I thought blockchain was new and the next big thing.

But either way, competition is always good and hashgraph seems interesting enough, so, we'll see with time. Smiley
SHBlizzard

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:51:19 AM

https://www.hederahashgraph.com/council#decentralization

you pretty much have to be an accredited investor to partake in the sale

other option is to join via SAFT agreement

here is some info on SAFT agreements

https://medium.com/@argongroup/explaining-the-simple-agreement-for-future-tokens-framework-15d5e7543323

heres a forbes blog/article mention : https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffkauflin/2018/03/13/hedera-hashgraph-thinks-it-can-one-up-bitcoin-and-ethereum-with-faster-transactions/#2278492fabcb

highlight of the article: "Emin Gün Sirer, an associate professor at Cornell and co-director of the Initiative for Smart Contracts and Cryptocurrencies, isn’t sure how much trust can be put into Hedera's platform. “The correctness of the entire HashGraph protocol seems to hinge on every participant knowing and agreeing upon N, the total number of participants in the system,” he tells Forbes. “This is a difficult number to determine in an open distributed system.” Hedera cofounder Baird disagrees, saying, “All of the nodes at a given time know how many nodes there are.” Until Hedera’s algorithm has been battle-tested in the real world, it’s likely too early to tell if its security will meet a gold standard."

---
Im not investing, for many reasons, 1. Im not an accredited investor, 2. dont trust SAFT agreements 3. unproven in the real world and as of right now pretty damm centralized. maybe after a token/coin release...

Besides, theres always Byteball or Iota

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Joel_Jantsen (OP)
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:59:15 AM

IOTA really ? Last time I checked they were claimed to be a ponzi scam although I did not investigate much but don't think HashGraph and IOTA are on the same page when it comes to technical advancements.I agree hashgraph is a controlled via patents but don't think that should hold up  it's further usage.
OneMillionToken

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:06:25 AM

Interesting, in the future we'll see if really the Hashgraph will be better than the blockchain. I think it's hard but we will see
SHBlizzard

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:14:04 AM

IOTA really ? Last time I checked they were claimed to be a ponzi scam although I did not investigate much but don't think HashGraph and IOTA are on the same page when it comes to technical advancements.I agree hashgraph is a controlled via patents but don't think that should hold up  it's further usage.

Ponzi scam? I don't think so. Will they deliver on their lofty promises? probably not anytime soon. It used to be a fraction of my portfolio.
Ultimately, my point was that they are other "hashgraph" DAG tech crypto currencies already on the market. Not to mention that Gbyte and Iota have an active github. cant say the same for hedera hashgraph.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Ompyon

Activity: 715

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:51:28 AM

oh did not, turn out the development is so fast,
blockchain is still in the debate that never ends,
now comes hashgraph

]
Olalomi

Merit: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:41:14 AM

Let hashgraph be put into test and deploy into a network and let see it's functionality and how it is going to beat blockchain if  it pass the test then here comes a better decentralized technology for the future.
lider1971

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:37:15 PM

There are actually many alternatives of blockchain, but other projects are likely to be unable to reach a level of popularity like it. The support of gov. structures is very strongly influenced.               
ipbitrung01

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:54:42 AM

I do some reading I did have a first impression that hashgraph is not fully decentralised but don't the use cases still remain? Like organisations can use the platform to build their dApps (not sure if you can say dapps if it is not totally decentralised) and hashgraph has the lowest tx costs too I believe
Ceballos

Activity: 621
Merit: 288

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:56:37 AM

there is still not enough info and developers for hashgraph. I am still reading and researching to finde more details about it.
Looks really nice about transaction speed and cost but still needs to be developed. Lightening or hashgraph?

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
bosimpson54

Activity: 271

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:12:29 AM

There are many opinions that Blockchain is safe and secure, but I also find that HashGraph has higher security and more powerful features than Blockchain, and I think Blockchain will soon be replaced with HashGraph because HashGraph has a lot of strengths more powerful.
dwallace

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:38:39 PM

So they are licensing a public version under a governance model that reminds me of the Federal Reserve, but instead of just bankers it has a committee filled with industry representatives.   Really?  This centralized one country model again?!?!?  Someone or some group will develop a better version that will be open source (someone much smarter and less greedy).  Greed, the disease of the mind.   https://www.hederahashgraph.com/media
VSOP_VSOP

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:03:58 PM

Blockchain has long been embedded in many areas of life, what is the point to do the same thing with another platform, do not understand. Although the project is interesting.
JuniAiko

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 04:13:03 PM

Yeps, and there is already NANO, a more superior, innovative, non-patented crypto tech for high-speed, fee-less, decentralized currency usage.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
alexpoker

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:16:50 PM

Great presentation! Blockchain is really goodbye, Hashgraph is the future of cryptoworld. Waiting for more announcements!

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
sureblinks

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:30:01 PM

Bockchain can't leave the market like that, it's an old wallet and it's associated to bition which is the king of crypto currencies. And bitcoin is leading the market.
cryptokudi

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:48:55 AM

Hashgraph is made and invented for innovative purposes that it allows more convenience use of cryptos of which is complicated that jives with a more sophisticated program. We may not know its advantages now that it is still not widely used but maybe somehow it will come to its advantage sooner or later. I know it is hard to accept a product or service that we still don't know of what is its performance but once it exceeds our expectation maybe sooner or later hashgraph will pave its way to history in the cryptomarkets.
dkbit98
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 7146

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 01:04:03 AM

Hedera Hashgraph and SAFT coin topic opened.
Fell free to write your suggestions

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3192012.msg33084765#msg33084765

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
TVTVI

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:18:51 AM

If Hashgraph really does overcome the blockchain defects, it will definitely explode in the community. No mainnet can say anything but it excites me and fears me. Imagine what would happen when the blockchain collapses. No, I do not want to
Destroyeroff98

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:24:05 AM

Please don't shoot me Tongue  I too reacted the same way when I read the topic title.Infact,being an optimistic blockchain supporter,I didn't even bother to open the article until the geek inside me pushed me to.Anyway,I was surprised.I mean we should embrace the changes right ? Here ya go,welcome HashGraph.

For the lazy heads

I'm not sure that Hashgraph will be as safe as BlockChain. If it is less safe, even given its high speed, this will not allow it to outperform Blockchain.

Polipog

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:41:27 AM

The question is likely similar to other forms of business launchings competition, that introduce into the market, well it is on how people adopt on that certain business, and when people knows that it is the safest way to transact with quick access of time and transactions, well it can be successfully adopt rapidly by many people.
okwang231

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:42:58 AM

it's possible to lose the blockchain here in the world of bitcoin because before it hash hash graph to block chain mona the previous one is so it's not okay to block the blockchain so I do not believe that it will disappear.

>        MFCHAIN        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
<MFCHAIN.COM> <WHITEPAPER>                        <TELEGRAM> <YOUTUBE>
EckhartJV

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:56:41 AM

Its almost impossible to face out blockchain coz that's the technology crypto currencies are running on.Hashgraph is just another interesting technology coming up and will always be in the shadows of Blockchain.
TVTVI

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 02:27:20 PM

The technology of Hashgraph is not new compared to other private blockchain such as Red Belly (660,000 transactions / s). There are many projects applying the same technology as: NaNo, ...that is one example
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:15:01 PM

Anybody knows what Hashgraph can't solve?
There are probably some things you can do better in a normal blockchain..

No Signature right now...
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 02:28:57 PM

The technology is patented (means it is not opensource) and the platform is not fully decentralised, means that the owner of the patent right could manipulate and interfere anything that run on the platform, those 2 reasons, is enough that this platform wont as widely spread and adapted as blockchain.
Sure it will be developing but it will be such an exclusive platform, used by major bank, or big financial service. And our community is done with that kind of thing

Genovese

Activity: 284
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:19:55 AM

I hope that when the moment will come the Hashgraph team will find a way to incluse the crypto-community in their project, with ICOs etc. At the moment it seems they are doing everything just by themselves. In fact Hashgraph could be the crypto-killer - most coind would become obsolete if it will deliver what it promises.

metallicelmo

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:07:12 AM

I hope there will be a crowdsale for the general public. At this moment I compare Hashgraph to Ripple when it comes to the business side of things..
jwelkem

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:35:53 AM

It has just been declared on the page that does not match Bitcoin, but rather out of the blue I've heard Hashgraph without further ado I complete a little research. It is extremely driven. Bitcoin is constrained to 7 exchanges for every second, while Hashgraph exchanges 250,000 more exchanges for each second and costs less. There is no restriction in innovation in our chance, Interesting ...
Yowlahe

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:46:51 AM

As I would see it this hashgraph are made and imagined for creative purposes that it permits more comfort utilization of cryptos of which is confounded that jives with a more advanced projects. We may not know its favorable circumstances now that it is as yet not broadly utilized but rather perhaps some way or another it will go further bolstering its good fortune at some point or another. I know it is difficult to acknowledge an item or administration that regardless we don't know about what is it's performnce yet once it surpasses our desire perhaps at some point or another hashgraph will clear its approach to history in the cryptomarkets.
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:32:52 PM

I hope that when the moment will come the Hashgraph team will find a way to incluse the crypto-community in their project, with ICOs etc. At the moment it seems they are doing everything just by themselves. In fact Hashgraph could be the crypto-killer - most coind would become obsolete if it will deliver what it promises.

Yes there is ICO coming on the Hashgraph platform, The name of the project is CARBON MONEY. You can find more information here https://icodrops.com/carbon-money/. Carbon money is A Price-Stable Cryptocurrency for Next-Generation Payments based on the Hedera Hashgraph platform.

metallicelmo

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:55:17 AM

Yes there is ICO coming on the Hashgraph platform, The name of the project is CARBON MONEY. You can find more information here https://icodrops.com/carbon-money/. Carbon money is A Price-Stable Cryptocurrency for Next-Generation Payments based on the Hedera Hashgraph platform.
But if it is a stable currency, how much should that be worth then? When people say stable currency I think about usdt or tusd that are worth around $1 all the time. Could be interesting. Any more upcoming ICO's on the Hashgraph platform?
Smklom

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:17:19 AM

Does anybody have a decent comprehension of the advantages/downsides of DAG based frameworks v all the promotion going ahead around HashGraph? For instance, Nano (once RaiBlocks) is DAG and says its boundlessly scaleable. Other than the way that the hashgraph is controlled by a private substance (which in itself makes it a non starter for me). Particularly from a scaleability, speed, security, and protection point of view.
usefree

Activity: 390
Merit: 251

Mamihlapinatapai

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:24:59 AM

On the main site there is slide with link to conference site.

And it should be opened site https://www.hedera18.com/ when you press it
But..

You get "page not found"
I don't believe, that team, that can't post correct link on its main site can develop blockchain killer technology.
And the fact this error is there for a while shows the real community interest rate
sergey1301

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:43:01 AM

Hashgraph, looks very interesting, it has prospects, and the future. But I think Hashgraph won't have the same success as blockchain.
dadanpradana

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:04:38 AM

On the main site there is slide with link to conference site.

https://s8.postimg.cc/esf9zvl7p/Screen_Shot_2018-08-22_at_10.17.26_AM.png

And it should be opened site https://www.hedera18.com/ when you press it
But..

https://s8.postimg.cc/8eq6wv8ol/Screen_Shot_2018-08-22_at_10.20.18_AM.png

You get "page not found"
I don't believe, that team, that can't post correct link on its main site can develop blockchain killer technology.
And the fact this error is there for a while shows the real community interest rate

I haven't checked it because it's very taboo for me.
I better understand Blockchain and if I have to learn to return to Hasgraph it takes time to get to understand.
Windmoney@1

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 08:09:36 AM

majority of people yet to know the usefulness of blockchain  and the integration of it... Best usefulness of blockchain is yet to come.....
dreamax25

Activity: 365

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:21:41 PM

Is really Hashgraph better then Blockchain?

https://coincodex.com/article/2715/blockchain-versus-hashgraph/
jpaul

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:34:43 PM

I don't think that this is going to be as popular as the blockchain technology that we already have and even if it ends up being so then it will be a while before people are catching up with the hashgraph. I don't think that blockchain is doing bad right now and maybe when the hashgraph becomes popular they can find out a way to coexist

ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:12:22 PM

Wether it’s Blockchain or Hashgraph what really matters is how it can help the society and how it solves different issues. Competition is a healthy sign that these technological changes has a lot of things to offer, what we might know about these technology might not be enough but both could be beneficial in terms of purpose and efficiency.
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:23:48 PM

For the lazy heads

If hashgraph beats blockchain. Will bitcoin and other blockchain coin die?
Joel_Jantsen (OP)
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:42:11 PM

If hashgraph beats blockchain. Will bitcoin and other blockchain coin die?
No, they won't. HashGraph is a patented tech and many crypto enthusiasts critic such technologies. Personally, I'm not a big fan of technology that is patented by someone. Even if HashGraph is used to create a coin like Bitcoin, it will take ages for it to develop a commercial value. By the time it gets some market value, Bitcoin will be much ahead in terms of the market share along with a few other good coins. The technologies will not even compete with each other. At the end of the day, it's upto the users to decide which tech they're more comfortable with.
Cryptrx

Activity: 498

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:50:11 PM

It's too early to pass judgement on Blockchain since we cant actually confirm the claims about hashgraph. Besides, an open source tech will always be ahead of any closed/patented technology.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
sudeshkumar

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:14:01 AM

Any changes in the technology for the betterment of the humanity is always welcome but I want to add here    that blockchain technology is tested and followed rigorously. Hashgraph will also have  to pass through the similar tests  before adoption . Till such time have happy moments.

━    ━   ●    Introducing     ►    Bluenote.world    ●   ━    ━
━    ● ▌   The Leading Blockchain Solution to a Zero Emission World   ▐ ●   
marksayson

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 01:20:07 AM

Well, it is just a proposition yet. Compared to blockchain that is fully established now and is keep going on its update. We will conclude further but first let's just see it running before making conclusion.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
oppo070
Copper Member

Activity: 140

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:31:48 AM

For the lazy heads

What is it? a new technology? I guess blockchain has not even started and shown its full potential then there is another technology? It is hard for me to accept the fact but maybe I can adopt to changes if it is proven that hashgraph will be way better than blockchain. What is your opinion guys?

maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 02:45:43 AM

I think if hashgraph is better than blockchain, it will give something new and different than blockchain. But in a short of reading in the https://coincodex.com/article/2715/blockchain-versus-hashgraph/, I see that hashgraph is more like a decentralized system which different than blockchain. I learned at :

One key perceivable perk for Blockchain is that the technology is fully open source. hashgraph, however, is not. This means that Dr. Leemon Baird, the inventor of the hashgraph distributed consensus algorithm and the co-founder and CTO of Swirlds, decides who can use the distributed ledger and who cannot.

But maybe I am wrong for this because I don't read for the whole article. I think hashgraph itself still need more development to compete with the blockchain and let the time will answer who will better.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2019, 06:31:20 PM

I think if hashgraph is better than blockchain, it will give something new and different than blockchain. But in a short of reading in the https://coincodex.com/article/2715/blockchain-versus-hashgraph/, I see that hashgraph is more like a decentralized system which different than blockchain. I learned at :

One key perceivable perk for Blockchain is that the technology is fully open source. hashgraph, however, is not. This means that Dr. Leemon Baird, the inventor of the hashgraph distributed consensus algorithm and the co-founder and CTO of Swirlds, decides who can use the distributed ledger and who cannot.

But maybe I am wrong for this because I don't read for the whole article. I think hashgraph itself still need more development to compete with the blockchain and let the time will answer who will better.

An immutable open ledger of accounts needs incentives to STAY there and immutable...

PoW does that, nothing else

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
U

Activity: 503
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 04:31:33 AM

Bittrex is excited to announce that we will be listing Hedera Hashgraph ($HBAR) for Bittrex U.S. and International customers!
We will begin accepting deposits on Monday, September 16, 2019 at 00:00 UTC / 17:00 PDT.
Customers will be able to trade on the HBAR/BTC, HBAR/ETH, HBAR/USDT, and HBAR/USD markets on Tuesday, September 17 at 09:00 UTC/ 02:00 PDT.
The timing of the items outlined above may change due to market conditions or network stability.
https://medium.com/@BittrexTeam/coming-soon-to-bittrex-hedera-hashgraph-hbar-58332fb34ce7

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
binhvo1505

Activity: 728

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 05:11:06 AM

Hashgraph really carries a noble mission and they have tremendous will. They are really trying to make a miracle in the crytocurrency market. I appreciate HBAR and I bought their private sale pool for $ 0.0056, and I'm sure that when it is listed on Bittrex and Upbit, its value will increase dramatically.
They have a really big community and we should wait and see what they are about to achieve in the coming days.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Samayuki

Merit: 24

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 05:46:17 AM

It doesn't really matter, for example bitcoin is the granddaddy of crypto coins but many altcoins have better features than bitcoin and not a singe one of these so called altcoins are able to kick the king's (bitcoin) crown out of its head for a whooping 10years and counting, the fact is will people choose hashgraph over bitcoin? i doubt it

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Winscosinally

Merit: 16

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 05:55:02 AM

I am impressed about what hashgraph project has in its disposal but mind you we have few projects on blockchain that has thunderbolt like fast transaction speed but they still can't beat bitcoin in terms of better support, it might take hashgraph many years to stand at where bitcoin is standing today, its really not that easy
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2019, 07:09:25 AM

It doesn't really matter, for example bitcoin is the granddaddy of crypto coins but many altcoins have better features than bitcoin and not a singe one of these so called altcoins are able to kick the king's (bitcoin) crown out of its head for a whooping 10years and counting, the fact is will people choose hashgraph over bitcoin? i doubt it

As a fact of any good protocol, the 'feature' are not part of itself, but rather the protocol ensures security & stability and enables a lot of Features to be build on top of it ( like TCP/IP)

Once u ve found out that the original BitCoin protocoll was and is already such and can scale - than all other funny 'Feature-protocols' are useless.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 07:29:54 AM

Bittrex is excited to announce that we will be listing Hedera Hashgraph ($HBAR) for Bittrex U.S. and International customers!
We will begin accepting deposits on Monday, September 16, 2019 at 00:00 UTC / 17:00 PDT.
Customers will be able to trade on the HBAR/BTC, HBAR/ETH, HBAR/USDT, and HBAR/USD markets on Tuesday, September 17 at 09:00 UTC/ 02:00 PDT.
The timing of the items outlined above may change due to market conditions or network stability.
https://medium.com/@BittrexTeam/coming-soon-to-bittrex-hedera-hashgraph-hbar-58332fb34ce7

Is this coin totally based on the hashgraph? Could you post the project website?

Wonder if anyone has been able to build something successful with hashgraph or it's still remains mere concept?
I really hope we have lots of Blockchain alternatives. Seems like no good project is embracing available alternatives so far
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: