Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:59:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodbye Blockchain. Hello Hashgraph.  (Read 8755 times)
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:01:21 PM

it hasn't been developed yet, and i doubt that it will be developed soon, a lot of things are going to be needed in order to be able to provide this project.

Just imagine how many developers are they going to need, more than hundreds, or a few dozens of real programmers, not just those ones who have recently finished their high school.

If Hashgraph has a better technology than blockchain,  has, is there any coin already built in this technology? Anyway whatever happened, let us always be ready. Im planning to invest a little from this.

If it gets released soon, it will be huge, but it can not replace the blockchain, and it will never be better than bitcoin.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:07:25 PM

Please don't shoot me Tongue  I too reacted the same way when I read the topic title.Infact,being an optimistic blockchain supporter,I didn't even bother to open the article until the geek inside me pushed me to.Anyway,I was surprised.I mean we should embrace the changes right ? Here ya go,welcome HashGraph.

https://cryptoanswers.net/goodbye-blockchain-hello-hashgraph/

For the lazy heads
The new consensus algorithm

Introducing Hashgraph – a fair and fast, byzantine fault tolerant consensus algorithm. According to the founding Hashgraph team consisting of computer science and cybersecurity pioneers Dr. Leemon Baird and Mance Harmon, the hashgraph consensus method achieves the following notable feats:

It’s fast: 250,000+ transactions per second and limited only by a users bandwidth (Pre-Sharding)
It’s fair: mathematically proven fairness (via Consensus Time Stamping)
It’s secure: bank-grade security (Asynchronous Byzantine Fault Tolerant)
Why is Hashgraph superior to Blockchain?
[read the actual article to know more]

well i am not surprised because every technological breakthoughs are always been develop to more convenient and more effective depending on its timeline.
but for now, blockchain is more effective and easier to use.   

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
stevekins

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:12:41 PM

Please don't shoot me Tongue  I too reacted the same way when I read the topic title.Infact,being an optimistic blockchain supporter,I didn't even bother to open the article until the geek inside me pushed me to.Anyway,I was surprised.I mean we should embrace the changes right ? Here ya go,welcome HashGraph.

https://cryptoanswers.net/goodbye-blockchain-hello-hashgraph/

For the lazy heads
The new consensus algorithm

Introducing Hashgraph – a fair and fast, byzantine fault tolerant consensus algorithm. According to the founding Hashgraph team consisting of computer science and cybersecurity pioneers Dr. Leemon Baird and Mance Harmon, the hashgraph consensus method achieves the following notable feats:

It’s fast: 250,000+ transactions per second and limited only by a users bandwidth (Pre-Sharding)
It’s fair: mathematically proven fairness (via Consensus Time Stamping)
It’s secure: bank-grade security (Asynchronous Byzantine Fault Tolerant)
Why is Hashgraph superior to Blockchain?
[read the actual article to know more]

I am not even done studying blockchain Tech another has come...what a fast pace world we live in, if you blink you get left behind
Heisenberg8

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:20:35 PM

Are there plans to release coins back from this technology already?
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:20:46 PM

I will not be surprised if others adopt this Hashgraph especially if they think that it's a way better improvement than the blockchain that has a lot of people captivated and if its way faster than blockchain then it sure is going to get a lot of attention and users when it gets released.
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:19:16 PM

Introducing Hashgraph – a fair and fast, byzantine fault tolerant consensus algorithm.

You already lost me. LOL

In all seriousenss though, it isn't surprising that better technology is being developed. We can't expect Blockchain the way Satoshi envisioned it to hold up forever without and innovation coming along. Think about it like this... you can still use most features of the revolutionary first ever iPhone today, but it is still considered ancient and would be hard to get around with depsite how much of a quantum leap it was in technology and that was only in 2007...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
metallicelmo

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:36:42 PM

I have just watched a video on their website
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjQkag6VOo0

I must say that it makes sense. The inventor is very good at explaining what Hashgraph is and what the benefits could be in terms of speeding up transactions and also making sure that timestamps are crucial. A new system that provides new possibilities for "blockchain" like systems. No more confirmations, but instant confirmation. Something that "could" be useful for a stockmarket for example or paying for something in a store, not having to wait for confirmations before you are allowed to leave the store.  I would recommend just watching this video, I liked it and waiting for a new cryptocurrency to use this system. Really, really interesting.
Master1781

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:59:03 PM

There's this video released these days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF362xxcfdk

from 38:00 you can check the relationship with blockchain
metallicelmo

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:28:22 AM

What is the company's name that patented this Hashgraph technology?
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:31:13 AM

Only the future will show what Hashgraph is capable of, At the moment I don't see the blockchain going anywhere.

I agree hashgraph maybe more advanced but for the timebeing blockchain is still number 1.

If there will be new coins going to adopt hash graph as a trader i will at least try a few ico.
abamatinde77

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:34:23 AM

im blockchain user...ok let me try that one it's sounds interesting
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 01:39:41 AM

Hashgraph Technology is an interesting innovation but it has not yet seen the test of time. Until it becomes an open source it's not yet a threat to the blockchain technology. We know that technology is prone to changes until then let us still believe in the Blockchain and accept the way it's. Thanks

Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:03:06 AM

Blockchain is already good so if new will come like hashgraph we can say that are more good to use both,transaction in blockchain and fees are really good now so even the safety in this wallet are already good and trusted wallet here in crypto another thing it almost use already in different country so even we have new wallet i think the first wallet will more enjoys by any users.

datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:17:24 AM

Well it sound very good when i read it, but i sound same when the blockchain first launched. i want see it in act on the global network lets see what we read on that articel can be done successfully.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:25:46 AM

Well done OP and it's good to see someone here that is not a slot machine bandit and knows what coming down the road

I have not got a full understand of HashGraph yet and it seems to be a type of data stream for gossip about gossip but as a prize
PM me and I will offer you the blue or red pill and no I am not plugging yet another token like most people here.

BTC = 1st generation
ETH/IOTA = 2nd
Ripple =3rd (Well maybe 2nd)
HashGraph =4th (I think and nothing is using it yet)

The 5th will blow your socks off and is 3-5 years away

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
ekateriinae

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Try as hard as you can!

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:35:49 AM

this was something new.. what will the first coin will invented in this hashgraph? i looking forward for this new technology. will this beat blockchain in any how. let time do the work.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:38:12 AM

Hashgraph Technology is an interesting innovation but it has not yet seen the test of time. Until it becomes an open source it's not yet a threat to the blockchain technology. We know that technology is prone to changes until then let us still believe in the Blockchain and accept the way it's. Thanks

Block-Chain is dead, get with the game and unless a programmer spends a year looking in to "open source" code then most of it is too big to understand
even by us professionals and when we see stuff then we get shouted down anyway because money has taken over and we are but a small voice on our own.

Chrome is a good example of this as is Firefox and you might want to note that the "Crypto Community" is anything but happy and
crazy transactions fees has made it much worse.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
realtyprofiler

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:09:30 AM

I have several concerns about this project.

Firstly, these guys are ex-defense and ex-security, Co-Founder Mance was the lead programmer at the Missile Defence Agency....
https://www.linkedin.com/in/manceharmon/

Secondly, they have a very small team listed on LinkedIn of 6 staff and only one developer based in Canada...
- https://www.linkedin.com/company/10787474/

Thirdly, the address on their website is a house https://www.google.com/maps/place/800+Southern+Hills+Ct,+College+Station,+TX+77845/@30.5620214,-96.2447641,92m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x86469aaccc1c6b13:0xc7e4bfcdb685eb9e!8m2!3d30.5621566!4d-96.2446206

Fourthly, the patent should not limit other DAG tech been developed and it is
http://www.swirlds.com/ip/

Fifthly, they are focused on paying customers.... with such a small team they are either going to sell this technology to the highest bidder at some point in time or just go down the licensing road which will focus on the largest, established companies. An innovative tech maybe, but widespread adoption is unlikely as it's a closed network.

IOTA, and a dozen other next DAGs, will arise in 2018.

Rod.

Clegive8V

Activity: 43
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:23:17 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2020, 03:23:28 PM by Clegive8V

If Hashgraph can offer the same advantages of decentralization that blockchain at cheaper rates, we may find competition, but so far blockchain is superior in economic terms.
blockchain was found before bitcoin but satoshi who makes it running and give it more advantages.
Some try to build the same models on Hashgraph, but you will find that most projects will not get much attention, but rather that most of them will not reach $ 100.
because they will make it another copy of bitcoin on Hashgraph.
monergo

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:26:02 AM

Is this the real future of crypto? will this be implemented as a whole, or like a new sidechain tech?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: