Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:59:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Know any good free hosting?  (Read 1287 times)
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 01:29:28 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 02:34:58 PM by mprep

Hey everyone. I am planning on moving my bitcoin faucet to a hosting with a PHP script that requires MySQL and Cronjobs (I'll be using them from a remote service so it's not essential). The website is small (up to 5mb) and doesn't require immense bandwidth though a couple of gigs would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion on a good, fast, free and ad-free hosting fitting the criteria?

kodo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:37:09 PM

000Webhost does the trick for me
erono

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:58:04 AM

byethost.com free-hosting‎

demzie

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:06:41 AM

I can hook you up for a free webhosting, on one of my shared servers.
* demzie webhosting provider..

Stimulating the bitcoin community Smiley

PM details if interested..
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:16:02 AM

000Webhost does the trick for me
This
But it easily closes websites when someone complains so make regular backup and don't plan on keeping the same address
I made a legal site that gathered censored messages in a forum by 'my' government and it was closed without any warning

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:22:51 AM

With current hosting at the prices of say $1.99/mth plus you may well do with a paid hosting if you want some assurances.  Free Hosting can close down anytime or can delete you any time on the slightest complaint as they aren't making money out of you and won't want trouble because of you.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:25:34 AM

http://freewebhostingarea.com provides the most bandwidth and space, but it provides little features and no cpanel. i use it alot for live tests on my little projects. great bandwidth. pretty reliable uptime. my site goes down about once a week for maintenance. be careful though. if they catch you doing anything illegal they will report you to the authorities, and if violate there tos you have to pay to get your files back.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
sacko

Activity: 174
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:31:10 AM

Better: http://www.bplaced.net/?lang=en
r3wt

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:33:02 AM

warning: pop up ad with fake adobe flashplayer download. probably some type of adware.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
sacko

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:04:00 AM

warning: pop up ad with fake adobe flashplayer download. probably some type of adware.
Are you an idiot or a troll?
r3wt

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:11:09 AM

as soon as i clicked the signup button your shitty popup ad displayed. what a piece of shit site. who designed that shit, Flava flav? i'm on dreamhost. get like me.

http://1gld.us

sacko

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:26:03 AM

as soon as i clicked the signup button your shitty popup ad displayed. what a piece of shit site. who designed that shit, Flava flav? i'm on dreamhost. get like me.
Thanks, you've just answered my question!
r3wt

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:30:44 AM

Thanks, you've just answered my question!

no problem Smiley

QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 10:34:19 AM

If your still in need let me know, Happy to provide hosting if you can put a " hosted by quantum Kiwi ".

This offer is rare..

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 12:21:40 PM

If your still in need let me know, Happy to provide hosting if you can put a " hosted by quantum Kiwi ".

This offer is rare..
I'm currently considering many options. I'll contact if I pick you.

mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 12:34:46 PM

This offer is rare..
I'm currently considering many options. I'll contact if I pick you.

A real hosting company is giving you free hosting and you have to think about it? WOW I am kinda stunned right now. I would have taken that offer ASAP
You see, I'm kind of busy right now and I don't have access to my main computer where all the stuff is set up so setting up the site now is kind of impossible right now.

mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 12:37:08 PM

This offer is rare..
BTW, sure. When I'll have the time I'll contact you, OK? I don't really want to start something that I won't be able to finish now.

RichG

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:19:54 PM

Hey everyone. I am planning on moving my bitcoin faucet to a hosting with a PHP script that requires MySQL and Cronjobs (I'll be using them from a remote service so it's not essential). The website is small (up to 5mb) and doesn't require immense bandwidth though a couple of gigs would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion on a good, fast, free and ad-free hosting fitting the criteria?

My service is paid, but I will give you a deal (cause you are someone I know). Free hosting forever (for that account).

If you want to check me out, http://www.cryptohost.tk.
QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 02:24:05 AM

This offer is rare..
BTW, sure. When I'll have the time I'll contact you, OK? I don't really want to start something that I won't be able to finish now.

Sure no problems at all Smiley

Regards,
Quantum Kiwi

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
Darktongue

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:59:45 PM

I've never had any luck with "Free hosting". When I run a website for pure fun I usually try to figure out who or what age group would be useing it.  Then I tailor advertiseing to it's needs.  If you play with it enough you can pretty much pay for hosting without going over the top with ads. 

I've checked out the faucets recently and it looks like a majority of them are a pit of adverts.  Some look great and some remind me of the early days of hype internet marketing. So yeah good luck to you. 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: