Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:16:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Flashcrash this month  (Read 8224 times)
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:07:50 PM

Regulation only affects acquiring bitcoins. The fundamentals do not change. Speculators have already taken this into account.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JimCGSavings (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:12:39 PM

Regulation only affects acquiring bitcoins. The fundamentals do not change. Speculators have already taken this into account.

And this is why I'm a noob. I have no idea how that relates to my prediction.  Shocked
JimCGSavings (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:26:13 PM

Great, another idiot who thinks regulation lowers price. "Hint" or not, that's baloney. If destroying bitcoin were as easy as that, FinCEN would have done it ages ago.
Be as vague as possible and provide no information (other than the classic "I have insider info, I swear!")
A few people might believe you! Good luck  Grin
It will cause short term lower price, because people will think that it may cause it.

I'm saying the event that will happen tomorrow will cause it. Period. No short term lower price. Flash Crash starting at below 99 tomorrow. No ifs ands or buts, no well, not enough people understood me, no oh well, it will happen if given enough time...no excuses, no equivocation, no vagueness. Tomorrow. And this isn't insider information. It's a conclusion I don't think people without my personal experience would reach. I'm either right, or I'm wrong.
JimCGSavings (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:27:35 PM

This is related to Glenn Beck's "world-changing whistleblower leak" that is supposed to happen sometime today. OP is taking a gamble on "The Blaze"

Grin Grin Grin

Good guess! Wrong though. Something else completely.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1816
Merit: 2787

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 04:46:10 PM

Any clues as to a time of this 'event' tomorrow?   Grin

Bitbuy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:33:02 PM

Haha, as usual, want to bet?  Grin

Alas, I have no coin. What would you consider worth my putting up against 1BTC? (grin)

Is the reason you have no coin also the reason for the flashcrash; i.e you're dumping 50K bitcoins or something tonight at 03:00 CET?
 Cool
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:48:13 PM

And this is why I'm a noob. I have no idea how that relates to my prediction.  Shocked
Your "Account Verification" hint infers regulation of some sort. I doubt you have any information that hasn't been considered and extensively discussed on this forum.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:13:43 PM

If it's in references to this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232950.msg2455940#msg2455940

There is nothing to worry about. The virtual currencies used for crimes are plethora and capitalized in hundreds of billions. That problem predates Bitcoin by decades and will continue to avoid Bitcoin as it is far more traceable than offshore virtual banks.

Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:15:04 PM

If you are so sure of this prediction, you should write it down in a textfile, then compress it with a nice and long sting as password. You then post a link to the compressed file here, and give the password after "the event".

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 06:21:07 PM

It's easy to prove you were right if something happens tomorrow without revealing so called "insider information" today. Create a document describing what's going to happen, and upload the hash to blockchain. This way we can verify that cause of the crash was known to you before. Otherwise... you know. GTFO Wink
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:31:21 PM

It's easy to prove you were right if something happens tomorrow without revealing so called "insider information" today. Create a document describing what's going to happen, and upload the hash to blockchain. This way we can verify that cause of the crash was known to you before. Otherwise... you know. GTFO Wink

That is a really interesting use of the Blockchain. It is like mailing a letter to yourself, but a bit more secure.  Cheesy

I'm naive here. Once the hash is on the blockchain, how do you unlock and share it? Or?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Rygon

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:04:18 PM

If you are so sure of this prediction, you should write it down in a textfile, then compress it with a nice and long sting as password. You then post a link to the compressed file here, and give the password after "the event".

+1. That ought to be the standard practice on this forum anytime someone comes in claiming to know some huge news but "can't reveal it until afterwards."
randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:17:04 PM

Logged.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:43:16 PM

That is a really interesting use of the Blockchain. It is like mailing a letter to yourself, but a bit more secure.  Cheesy

I'm naive here. Once the hash is on the blockchain, how do you unlock and share it? Or?

A hash is a different thing entirely from encryption.  A hash takes data and scrambles it.  It will always scramble the same data the same way, but there is no way to recover the data from the hash.  By publishing the hash you establish that at the time of publication you had access to the data.  When you later reveal the data, the hash can be verified.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:46:43 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232950.0;topicseen

weaknesswaran

Activity: 963
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:49:19 PM

Try this :

http://www.tools4noobs.com/online_tools/hash/
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:02:46 PM

A hash is a different thing entirely from encryption.  A hash takes data and scrambles it.  It will always scramble the same data the same way, but there is no way to recover the data from the hash.  By publishing the hash you establish that at the time of publication you had access to the data.  When you later reveal the data, the hash can be verified.

So a hash is used to prove the timing of the message, and it is not the message itself?  Just want to be clear on this methodology so that noobs can better put it into practice...

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:05:14 PM

So a hash is used to prove the timing of the message, and it is not the message itself?  Just want to be clear on this methodology so that noobs can better put it into practice...

The message can be used to verify the hash, but the message can not be recovered from the hash.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:08:54 PM

So a hash is used to prove the timing of the message, and it is not the message itself?  Just want to be clear on this methodology so that noobs can better put it into practice...

1. sha-256("So a hash is used to prove the timing of the message, and it is not the message itself?  Just want to be clear on this methodology so that noobs can better put it into practice...") = e48015191601f6621a7ca18f6eefa90c583b9faad3c6d009eef7fd80d39efc6c

2. ripemd-160("e48015191601f6621a7ca18f6eefa90c583b9faad3c6d009eef7fd80d39efc6c") = c439421c3b5c5c695f9d2b5d942748a65960609f

3. bitcoinAddress("c439421c3b5c5c695f9d2b5d942748a65960609f") =     1JtY2yLHmG2yVGhWafVZSup9UJQnYyHNsr

4. sent 1 Satoshi to address  "1JtY2yLHmG2yVGhWafVZSup9UJQnYyHNsr" and this will appear in block chain (for ever) => you CAN PROVE (timestamp) when this satoshi was sent.

[edit]
5. address("1JtY2yLHmG2yVGhWafVZSup9UJQnYyHNsr") = public-key("So a hash is used to prove the timing of the message, and it is not the message itself?  Just want to be clear on this methodology so that noobs can better put it into practice...")   => you proved message, it is you who know public-key => you now message
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:12:04 PM

With a password-protected file that is dl before an event is supposed to happen does not really need a timestamp.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: