Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:44:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Number of activities  (Read 206 times)
AlienSeeker (OP)

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:53:10 PM

I am just curious and bothered to my number of activities, I've been idle here in the forum because of being busy as a college student, and I am not able to post recently, but I assumed that my activities will be updated since I have my number of posts bigger than it. But the refresh/update of activities passed by, and my +14 activities was not added. What should i do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crptotrader007

Activity: 292

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:02:17 PM

This is not the board you should be asking the question in. Move your thread to meta.
There is pretty much nothing you could do about it since the activity is credited automatically based on your posts.
I just saw your profile and I see that you already have the number of activity points you should have.
We get a maximum of 14 activity points for 2 weeks.
Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:08:51 PM

You can try to read the first thread in Meta category so you will know the technicalities and guidelines on how Posts and Activities are counted. Indeed 14 activities in every 14 days but if you do post more than an allocated activity then your activity will hanged up for a few days and it will resume on the next 14 days.
This is how they manage for fair posting and to avoid spamming and non-sense posts or comments

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

migolmigol

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:14:57 PM

I am also new in this forum but a friend of mine who introduced this explained it to me. Ranking up is counted by posts. You can post as much as you can but not everything will be counted as activities. There is a maximum number of activity to be gained in 2 weeks. If I am not mistaken, the limit in 2 weeks is 14. This means, if you post more than 14 in 2 weeks, then the others will not be counted. It will also not be accumulated for the next round of 2 weeks. In the next round, you start posting again and reach 14 posts to be efficient for the round again.

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:22:28 PM

I am just curious and bothered to my number of activities, I've been idle here in the forum because of being busy as a college student, and I am not able to post recently, but I assumed that my activities will be updated since I have my number of posts bigger than it. But the refresh/update of activities passed by, and my +14 activities was not added. What should i do?
Yes, you are right about the 14 activities being updated every two weeks as long as you have enough posts made from which the 14 will be taken. But the catch to it for dormant accounts is that you MUST make at least two posts within two weeks to merit the 14activities. If you don't make any post at all within two weeks no activity would be picked from the excess you have. I hope this explains it better to you.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:28:53 PM

The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

Rough summary of what this means: If you post once per day on average, then you will eventually get the maximum number of activity points that you can get. Posting more than once per day on average is useless for increasing activity. The maximum number of activity points you can get is 1 per day, but your activity score only updates every two weeks. Therefore, it will take about 100 days to get 100 activity if you post once per day on average.

Activity is updated every hour.
Basically, it doesn't matter that you have more posts than activity points because you're still entitled to a maximum of 1 activity per post per day, whether you post more or have more posts is irrelevant.
Activity, as the name implies, requires that you be active. If you have been inactive it's only natural that you don't get any activity points.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: