Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:50:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is safest wallet for altcoin  (Read 1681 times)
KhalKapoor

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:04:18 AM

It is true that online wallets can easily be compromised and there is a chance that they might run away with all your cryptos.
But, I've been using Coinbase and Xapo since last 3 years and I just love the features they have.

I'd recommend you to use these.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cordillera

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

John 3:16/John 14:6

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:35:55 PM

i recommend paper wallets using your USB flashdrive for back-up for sure and try also hardware wallet like Keepkey and Nano to avoid compromised. stay away from online wallet. bettter to use software wallet than online wallet
Kate1410

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:21:09 PM

Hello,

There is a new iOS bitcoin wallet called Lumi. They do not have access to your private keys and it is very easy to use. Check this one https://lumiwallet.com
PepperaOnIt

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:07:00 PM

There are lots of bitcoin wallets online and sites but im not trusting them. So im using a local bitcoin wallet because it is trusted and when im needed a fiat. Its easy to cashout using load or bank without hustle.
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:10:48 PM

I use Electrum and also have a Nano S on the way. As for online wallets, if you must use one (which I wouldn't advise) make sure you it has multiple levels of authentication available, two or more factors should be secure enough.
cryptofangirl

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:57:55 PM

Hardware wallets are a must for every serious crypto holder. I cannot stress this enough. Personally I have Nano Ledger S.
kojoannan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:27:35 PM

As a beginner, I recommend Blockchain.info. They allow you to create both BTC and ETH wallet in one account. And you hold the private key to your wallet. Meaning, Unlike exchanges, you have more power and control over your investment. As you advance, you can invest in hardware which give you absolute control over your money.

maianh09

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:27:48 PM

If you have a lot of bitcoin then I recommend you keep a little on the wallet that is so if you regularly trade on the floor dhcj you choose a reputable floor that you usually trade and to bitcoin on it or you just transfer and get bitcoin then use this online coinbase is quite good and when you have problems you send support you will be resolved in 24 hours
Rheachan1425

Activity: 116

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:53:04 AM

Here in the philippines we just have one wallet to use.
Just coins.ph for our transaction.
But I'm also using other wallet like, myetherwallet, waves and blockchain wallet.
It's just my opinion but for me it was trusted and safe.
bummm

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:58:53 AM

Dear members

I have get some btc today. I need to store it in online wallet, online wallet because i need trade it frequently. Specially get the alt coins.  Whats your recommendation about wallet and why?

You’d better use Blockchain wallet. It is the best choice for those ones, who just begin dealing with Bitcoins. This is a trusted wallet, and you can install it on your smartphone or use it through the web. Exodus is OK, but you can get only the desktop version.
orbit44

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:11:07 AM

I, too recommend a hardware wallet. You have fast access to your coins to trade it and you have the best security.
jrrigs

Activity: 115

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:20:27 PM

If you can invest in a hardware wallet then go for it. Most desktop and app wallets are free but the risk of losing your bitcoin is high. If it the app crashes and you don't have a back up, then recovering your bitcoin is impossible even if the wallet has a support team.

* * * Discover the Secret Formula used by billion dollar whales to TRIPLE or even QUADRUPLE profits!! Click HERE to know how. * * *
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:33:15 PM

Dear members

I have get some btc today. I need to store it in online wallet, online wallet because i need trade it frequently. Specially get the alt coins.  Whats your recommendation about wallet and why?

Wallets to be really safe should not be online. Cold storages or hardware wallets are generally safer.
But if you need to trade frequently, there some online wallets which look quite reliable, for example blockchain.info. As a second choice you may put your funds on exchanges. But keep in mind that's not a recommended choice if you need safety. Yet there quite reliable exchanges like The Rock Trading or Bithumb.

A third option could be to use Waves. Just add this plug-in to chrome and you can start to use their amazing platform: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wavesliteapp/kfmcaklajknfekomaflnhkjjkcjabogm

sigtmerchant

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:02:57 PM

Armory backed up to paper wallet is my choice. Hardware wallets don't hold more than 5(?) coins anyway, plus any hardware tends to brake down when you least expect it.

SrujanPanuganti

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:35:33 PM

As a newbie you should try using Electrum lite wallet.
sigtmerchant

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:40:51 PM

As a newbie you should try using Electrum lite wallet.

newbie tells other newbies what they "should" do? You should at least back your words with something else than your opinion.

KomrelliManikanta

Activity: 89

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution trade.io

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:41:58 PM

I recommend you electrum wallet and ledger nano s. Both are safest

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
SainagBurra

Activity: 55

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:43:09 PM

Store them in trezor or electrum wallets and also you can use blockchain.info.

Electroneum
cryptokath19

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:44:59 AM

Dear members

I have get some btc today. I need to store it in online wallet, online wallet because i need trade it frequently. Specially get the alt coins.  Whats your recommendation about wallet and why?

As a newbie i recommend to used coinomi wallet because it is safe and fast transaction and have a lot of altcoins are there on these wallet so we can do exchange like Bitcoin to Ethereum. Coinomi wallet is the wallet i daily used and i have no problem with this wallet
rajsimran

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:51:58 AM

Dear members

I have get some btc today. I need to store it in online wallet, online wallet because i need trade it frequently. Specially get the alt coins.  Whats your recommendation about wallet and why?
For online wallet you can use coinbase or bittrex for bitcoin.Also you can use blockcha.info these site is very trusted. But offline wallet is best for security Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: